• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Lag my ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I can hardly play matches online anymore. You see all these videos of online matches in Japan, and there is zero lag, but as i'm sure you guys have noticed, that's not the case here. I play "with friends" against my friend who quite literally lives 100 feet away from me, but the lag is so ridiculous that i can't even set up attacks. He just spams dedede's fsmash and wins every time because I can't see it coming because the server skips eight frames. Sure the lag has gotten a lot better than when the game first came out, but it's still bad enough to hamper my playing. They said on the dojo that there would be no lag even if you were the distance from Vegas to L.A. That was a **** lie, as me and my friend live extremely close, and the lag is atrocious. Why do japan's servers work perfectly while we get screwed over, and when is Nintendo going to fix the problem?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I rarely get lag...whatchoo talkin bout?

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
It's a result of America's crappy internet, huge landmass, and low population density, basically.

Japan has 61 mps as an AVERAGE internet speed. USA = 4.8 mps. Japan is tiny and super dense. USA = huge and not that dense.

That's why. Oh, and I've had lagless matches with people who were in FL/CA, and I live in Minnesota. Also lagless with some Illinois people. It depends on the connection.

Some people who had lagless matches far away had laggy matches with someone who was super duper close, though. I don't know WHY, it just happens sometimes.

BTW, they never said there would be no lag from Vegas to LA. That's just the distance between the two Wiis in the video in JAPAN, which has literally no lag compared to the USA. XP *wishes he had Gaki's internet*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom