• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

no longer working towards this cv

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
currently working on it and should be done before then end of august.It's just I don't have much time atm so I'm going to work on it a few times a week.
I'll use hq clips and try to set it in HD with sony vegas pro 8/ movie fx
I'll do the music myself or have eggz make a mix for me .

All the editing will be me -BC

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, but it won't actually be HD since smash can't go above 480p, so what's the point when you can just fullscreen? It'll look the same, the only thing that'll be HD is any effects you add or titles and such.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
DUDE SILENTWOLF!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR VIDS OF YOU THE OTHER DAY!!! Your tech skill rox meh sox ^_^

And I love all your music lol more Techno pl0x?

Don't let Zhu's crap...er rap music influence you too much =/ I did not like the Swollja boy and Watch my Feet songs >_< I mean they did go good with the video lolol but seriously your music taste is too good

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
DUDE SILENTWOLF!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LOOKING FOR VIDS OF YOU THE OTHER DAY!!! Your tech skill rox meh sox ^_^

Don't let Zhu's crap...er rap music influence you too much =/ I did not like the Swollja boy and Watch my Feet songs >_< I mean they did go good with the video lolol but seriously your music taste is too good
>_< Your opinion on music doesn't matter. I would never say "rock is ****" or "Techno is ****" Because it's opinion. Every genre of music is good to someone.

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it won't actually be HD since smash can't go above 480p, so what's the point when you can just fullscreen? It'll look the same, the only thing that'll be HD is any effects you add or titles and such.
wut?
pinnacle records hd in which is 60fps what melee run at 720p
you dont know what you're talking about k
here a link to A HD ssbm video from youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AkW5gD-CE

I want to come to go 2.5 in portland with shane next week so I can get more recording but I'm not sure since he told me that he doesn't like to attend tournaments that have brawl at it also =[.

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice

just so you know I'm not Otto and I was currently just doing this for otto(sw) but decided to add zhu into the mix for a dualtage.

Thank you... >_> sorry, it's just that I'd rather not have videos of me made by anyone other than Eggz or myself, mainly because others don't know what I'd want in my videos, what I would consider acceptable. What I don't want is clips from any other videos I have online, videos like that are a waste of time. I'm making a new video very soon, just wait for that if you want a new sw video.

Chris - As for that OR tourney, I'll prolly go if Shane goes, unless it's 19th-25th this month. :o

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
Thank you... >_> sorry, it's just that I'd rather not have videos of me made by anyone other than Eggz or myself, mainly because others don't know what I'd want in my videos, what I would consider acceptable. What I don't want is clips from any other videos I have online, videos like that are a waste of time. I'm making a new video very soon, just wait for that if you want a new sw video.

Chris - As for that OR tourney, I'll prolly go if Shane goes, unless it's 19th-25th this month. :o
ily & its on this 15th
shane is for sure going same with ciz/maybe vish
that would be tight
=]

wut?
pinnacle records hd in which is 60fps what melee run at 720p
you dont know what you're talking about k
here a link to A HD ssbm video from youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5AkW5gD-CE

I want to come to go 2.5 in portland with shane next week so I can get more recording but I'm not sure since he told me that he doesn't like to attend tournaments that have brawl at it also =[.
Yo... BC, uh, here's how it goes:

Smash runs with a 4:3 aspect ratio and 640x480 resolution, it's as simple as that. with component video cables, you'll get 60fps, 480p definition. nothing higher than that. ever. with regular composite or s-video, you'll get 30fps and 480i definition.

the only way you're going to make it "HD" is, like the above person said, letterbox it and add special effects and titles and what not.

look at the video you linked to. for one, it's running on an emulator, so it's going to be as high quality as it gets. second, if you look at the entire video's res, it's like 900-something by 480. but if you ignore the letterboxing and look at just the video of smash, it's a perfect 640x480 res, which is 4:3 aspect ratio. your own video as an example shows smash running at non-HD definition. ChRed2AKrisp is right.

unrelated: threads like these are almost always pointless. this one had two positive outcomes though: you now have better video knowledge, and you now know that sw doesn't want a combo vid (unless he's getting pwned in it and you're featuring another player, then go for it ;)

Don't make a combo video of me. I'll make my own videos, don't worry.
lol...

Scidadle

Smash Champion

Uhhh srsly...

srsly...

swollja boy??

really

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
Yo... BC, uh, here's how it goes:

Smash runs with a 4:3 aspect ratio and 640x480 resolution, it's as simple as that. with component video cables, you'll get 60fps, 480p definition. nothing higher than that. ever. with regular composite or s-video, you'll get 30fps and 480i definition.

the only way you're going to make it "HD" is, like the above person said, letterbox it and add special effects and titles and what not.

look at the video you linked to. for one, it's running on an emulator, so it's going to be as high quality as it gets. second, if you look at the entire video's res, it's like 900-something by 480. but if you ignore the letterboxing and look at just the video of smash, it's a perfect 640x480 res, which is 4:3 aspect ratio. your own video as an example shows smash running at non-HD definition. ChRed2AKrisp is right.

unrelated: threads like these are almost always pointless. this one had two positive outcomes though: you now have better video knowledge, and you now know that sw doesn't want a combo vid (unless he's getting pwned in it and you're featuring another player, then go for it ;)

lol...
ur dumb it just recording extra so its just at regular game speed(when view).
I know that its 4:3 and max -480p
but when u record 480 or close it looks faster and doesnt grab everything compared to 720p even though it should.
gtfo
eggz is going and housing with me @ jesse's(juce)
I'm positive I know alot more than you & I'm alot better at the game.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ur dumb it just recording extra so its just at regular game speed(when view).
I know that its 4:3 and max -480p
but when u record 480 or close it looks faster and doesnt grab everything compared to 720p even though it should.
gtfo
eggz is going and housing with me @ jesse's(juce)
I'm positive I know alot more than you & I'm alot better at the game.
lolwut? I dunno what you're smoking. If you record at "720p" then all you're doing is doubling some pixels. It's like using digital zoom on a camera, it's not ACTUALLY magnifying, just blowing up the pixels. The only way you can get true HD is if you run the game in the Dolphin emulator and set it to a higher resolution and use antialiasing to smooth it out. If you really think recording in a different aspect ration and doubling pixels is going to make the game somehow look different besides being stretched, then go ahead and be my guest. Make your video.

does the dolphin emulator lag? im upgrading my graphics card today so i can use it. It would be easier to make videos that way.

lag as in any frame delay whatsoever

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
does the dolphin emulator lag? im upgrading my graphics card today so i can use it. It would be easier to make videos that way.

I don't think it lags, i think the framerate just drops depending on your options and PC specs. It depends on how you're doing inupt though, do you have some kind of GC controller to PC interface? Or would you be using a 360 controller?

The only way you can get true HD is if you run the game in the Dolphin emulator and set it to a higher resolution and use antialiasing to smooth it out. If you really think recording in a different aspect ration and doubling pixels is going to make the game somehow look different besides being stretched, then go ahead and be my guest. Make your video.
Can the emulator do that really? Sounds like it's just a 'pseudo'-higher res (thus your AA comment). Because... even in 720, you still have to deal with widescreen. (just basing observations off the falcon tas video).

Because of the possibility of it lagging, 'seems it'd just be easier to do it the standard capture card way. But might as well try, so just check out the dolphin forums for minimum spec requirements? +ways to record the gameplay. (I'm assuming you need a beast computer to do it.)

I don't think it lags, i think the framerate just drops depending on your options and PC specs. It depends on how you're doing inupt though, do you have some kind of GC controller to PC interface? Or would you be using a 360 controller?
dropped framerate="lag" in this case. call it 'feedback' lag or something if you want. but you want the whole thing to be running as smoothly as possible, so that would count any interface lag as well. (and come on, even I wouldn't use a 360 controller... I'm sure there's a gamecube adapter in the works somewhere.)

I have the gamecube controller set up

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I'm actually not sure what the emulator is capable of. I mean, just because something's still in a 4:3 aspect ration doesn't mean you can't also double the pixels in it, and attain HD, just in a 4:3 ratio.

I have the gamecube controller set up

Nice. Well if it turns out your setup works fluidly with the emulator, and you can get it to run in a higher res, fraps that **** and make an HD vid.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm actually not sure what the emulator is capable of. I mean, just because something's still in a 4:3 aspect ration doesn't mean you can't also double the pixels in it, and attain HD, just in a 4:3 ratio.

Nice. Well if it turns out your setup works fluidly with the emulator, and you can get it to run in a higher res, fraps that **** and make an HD vid.
I'm pretty sure Dolphin has on-board recording.

turns out my graphics card is built into my motherboard and id have to replace that so **** it
luckily i bought a new dvd recorder =D

turns out my graphics card is built into my motherboard and id have to replace that so **** it
luckily i bought a new dvd recorder =D
sweet

I have this dvd recorder but like, it lags if i run the video through it, it's weird, so i have to split the video to it... luckily i never use it.

I just record it onto VHS and dub it onto a DVD and use a DVD ripping program to get it on my computer.
Not a bad way of bypassing the capture card... but can't you just record it straight onto the dvd and forget about the vhs part? Save some quality, save some time? Or...

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
lolwut? I dunno what you're smoking. If you record at "720p" then all you're doing is doubling some pixels. It's like using digital zoom on a camera, it's not ACTUALLY magnifying, just blowing up the pixels. The only way you can get true HD is if you run the game in the Dolphin emulator and set it to a higher resolution and use antialiasing to smooth it out. If you really think recording in a different aspect ration and doubling pixels is going to make the game somehow look different besides being stretched, then go ahead and be my guest. Make your video.
I record my halo in hd I have capture card that does hd then one that only does hq.It doesnt require hd cords to connect to the cc but yet av one.gtfo of my thread and silent wolf close this for me =]
if u bring a flashdrive ill record directly to it otherwise when shane comes I usually record to juce's labtop then upload it from psu.

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice

you guys are dumb ssbm for emu has a recording which can set to hd if you "monitor/computer" allows it.The rest is based on your comp otto I ran ssbm through dolphin at 60 fps but I also play crysis at 200+ fps max graphic if I turn it done to default its runs at 333fps.
let me know and I look for my ssbm file since there's no torrents for it right now =]

Handorin

Smash Hero
/subscribe so I can see how badly mlgc's last post gets torn apart. I'm too lazy

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Halo is on Xbox, which supports greater than 480p. SSBM is on Gamecube, which does not.

dvd mode makes it lag
oh, dang, so it's a 2-in-1 deal then. oh well. it works. your last combo video (which is pure awesomeness) has good quality, yeah.

Halo is on Xbox, which supports greater than 480p. SSBM is on Gamecube, which does not.
I know.... I guess u dont know how pinnacles hd capture works.
i'll try one more time to understand:

what you're saying is that normal capture cards only record at 30fps while your pinnacle one records at 60fps, and so when you record ssbm with component cables you can record the game at 60fps, and you're calling this hd? or maybe you're saying that pinnacle upscales the resolution to 720p? you're saying that your pinnacle card captures 'more' than a regular card would, right? i think i'm on the right track with what you're saying, yes?

edit: maybe you could just tell me the model of your pinnacle device so I can understand better?

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
oh, dang, so it's a 2-in-1 deal then. oh well. it works. your last combo video (which is pure awesomeness) has good quality, yeah.

i'll try one more time to understand:

what you're saying is that normal capture cards only record at 30fps while your pinnacle one records at 60fps, and so when you record ssbm with component cables you can record the game at 60fps, and you're calling this hd? or maybe you're saying that pinnacle upscales the resolution to 720p? you're saying that your pinnacle card captures 'more' than a regular card would, right? i think i'm on the right track with what you're saying, yes?
it records at 60fps and can do 480p or 720p.I would record 60fps/480p then with sony vegas pro 8 try and set it to 720p with out stretch the video and etc too much but if so I would just leave it alone.

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
I have two
bought both of these but I only use
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...ideo/Studio+Family/Instant+Video+Recorder.htm
^ for smash right now just because I can record on one of my flashdrives then dump the files on vish(washington player's labtop) then for vids oregon players want I dump it on juce's labtop and etc.The reason I do this is because other players prefer to cut the vids there cut and other things.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...amily/Studio+MovieBox+Ultimate+version+12.htm

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
You can get HD-quality video with Smash. It does require an upconvert though; similar to the one that you may experience when a regular DVD is played on a Blu-Ray DVD in 1080p.

More info on this can be seen below (on my sig. :laugh:)

it records at 60fps and can do 480p or 720p.I would record 60fps/480p then with sony vegas pro 8 try and set it to 720p with out stretch the video and etc too much but if so I would just leave it alone.
ok. so far so good.
I have two
bought both of these but I only use
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...ideo/Studio+Family/Instant+Video+Recorder.htm
^ for smash right now just because I can record on one of my flashdrives then dump the files on vish(washington player's labtop) then for vids oregon players want I dump it on juce's labtop and etc.The reason I do this is because other players prefer to cut the vids there cut and other things.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...amily/Studio+MovieBox+Ultimate+version+12.htm
alright so I looked at those. let's forget the moviebox right now because that's not the one you're using. but i'm looking at the pinnacle video transfer, and i see that it says that it records at 720x480 resolution. i also see that it only has composite (yellow cable) and s-video inputs.

so here's where it gets tricky and the confusion starts:

it can record at 720x480 resolution... (the pixel numbers here). notice how it doesn't say "720p." tricky, eh? basically what it's saying is that it can record at widescreen, standard 30fps video. how can i prove that? well, the only inputs to the device are composite and s-video: 60fps video cannot travel over composite and s-video video signals.

now, it's common for people to record their video in 720x480 resolution instead of regular 640x480 resolution. it just adds a little letterboxing, and it's fine, no one really minds. I prefer no letterboxing, but that means I can't go outside of the 640-width limit.

so... see the difference now? maybe, kinda? there's two things at stake here: actual resolution, and framerate. 720p is the combination of 60fps, and 1280x720 resolution. see how the two "720"s switch places there? 720p is drastically higher quality than 720x480 resolution, which is basically "widescreen 480i" in a manner of speaking (even though it's not "true" widescreen, which 720p actually is.)

for further proof, with what cables exactly are you outputting from you gamecube/wii? unless you're using the wii's "hd" cables, or the gamecube's, basically component cables, then you're only going to be getting standard 480i definition.

comprende yes?

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
just as I thought when u do it in hd the sides needs to big fixed because it doesnt look clear in regular hd.Zola explain that it cant be in widescreen other wise the hd looks bad but it can be done in most pro video editing software which it come out what side black but hd and very clear.

The thing is that game doesn't support hd and 480p isn't very clear on almost all console so you set your recording to 720p then edit the widescreen so the it cut the sides and the actual video is full screen but the extra screen is black and should be clear.

Top Bottom