• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No more Motion Sensor Bomb?

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
With the Gooey Bomb in, will they take out the Motion Sensor Bomb?

Honestly, I think so, but we all remember how they replaced Bumpers with Flippers. I hated Flippers compared to Bumpers. I just hope it does not turn out like that.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, I dunno why you figured they would take it out. The gooey bomb is easier to see, and can stick to people. The motion senser bomb is stealthy, and only sticks to the ground.

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
The Gooey bomb sticks to the environment as well as people, so why include 2 items that serve the same purpose. True, the motion sensor bomb has that stealthy blend-in quality, but I'm going to bet that the motion sensor bomb is out.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Gooey Bomb seems more fun.

May the motion sensor is still in, but they should increase its stealth. You could see it from very far away in Melee with that bright light.

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
I'm actually a hater of all items but the new bomb sounds hot. I couldnt imagine them getting rid of the motion bomb since (as WR3K said) it is mentioned in the description of the new bomb. Most game companies will do thier best not to reference past installments of a game unless story driven. But we will just have to wait and see. :-D

marthbeatsroy

Smash Cadet
So I guess the sticky bomb will change the tactics on how we play. Hope it's a weak bomb; there has to be a back draw to sticking a bomb that you can probably stick yourself, otherwise is a risk, and, unless you enjoy the thrill of risk, which there are people out there who do, but not me, people will less likely use it.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
The Motion sensor bomb will not be taken out. It and the Gooey Bomb are way to different to allow for it. Not only that but they're major fun, especially when someone runs straight into them :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm guessing we need to read the description again.

"It's a little different from a Motion Sensing Bomb in the sense that it can attach itself not only to the terrain, but also to opponents."

Seeing that Nintendo Pointed out a difference between the two it will be unlikely that they would be getting rid of it.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
The descriptor tells us nothing. I truly hope they take out the motion sensor bomb--non-game-specific items need to be kept to a minimum. Also, how do we know it won't be stealthy on the ground? We haven't seen it stuck to terrain yet. And the motion sensor bomb blinked. Not too stealthy.

Looks fun, regardless.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
They both suck.

They have never been in a Nintendo game ever! It would be like making up a character!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
They both suck.

They have never been in a Nintendo game ever! It would be like making up a character!
Actually, the proximity mine can be from Perfect Dark and GoldenEye games. Both Rare games which is second party but close enough. >__>

I do not think the proximity mine will go since it is one of the more popular items. Although, there is a possibility that this is the modified version of a proximity mine. Seems more like a variation of the bo-omb to me because of the timer.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
They both suck.

You mean like Solid Snake...hes not owned or created by nintendo in anyway either...all he had was 2 or 3 games that were ported to the GCN and he got in Brawl.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
SSB: Goldeneye
SSBM: Goldeneye (US)/Perfect Dark (JPN)

Rare and Nintendo's relationship might not be the best these days, which is why there is concern about the MS mine not making a comeback. Microsoft nabbed up Rare, but they still make games for the DS so we'll see. They could always just swap the mine with a Claymore from MGS and be set if they need to.

I don't think the Gooey Bomb will replace the Mine. The GB seems like the Plasma Grenade in Halo, but can be swapped from other players. My guess is that it will detonate over a certain amount of time on the players or on the levels.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's safe to say that we could see the bomb in that it's been in the last two games or that it will most likely not be back do to the Gooey Bomb, just like some of the characters for instance just because they've been on the last two games, it won't mean that the'll still be around. I just hope they bring back the bumpers from the first game because i really hated those ****** flippers. Bumpers for brawl lol.

Top Bottom