• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Pichu for Brawl?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I don't know guys, but up until this point I've been a sceptic of the "Oh, 1 char's clone has a clothing piece/color that resembles the other, so that means he won't be in Brawl" dillio, but today's update has brought me to a grim state of mind. See below the picture and caption of one of Pikachu's new attire.

"Th-those. I've seen those before somewhere..."

To me, this is obviously referring to the goggles, as they are in the foreground of the picture. And of course, we all know who dons those in Melee; none other than the cutest ball of **** ever, our very own Pichu. Now, again, like I said, up to this point I hadn't wanted to believe that costume duplications could mean the end of the char that they were coming from, but if Sakurai's willin to take the most kickass costume in all of SMASH HISTORY and give it to his evolved predoccessor, that tells me we may not be reaquainted with our loveable static mouse this time around. Thoughts and comment...

PS: <- That is what this part of the alphabet would look like without Q and R. Harhar.
Seriously though, to the mods/whoever: I realize they're have been these kinds of threads before, but mostly with ppl speculating on new char's, not past ones. And I thought this actually brought a valid point to the table, which is why I went ahead and decided to create. If you disagree and find it a waste of space, then close it, and I apalogize...

Pichu is already unofficially deconfirmed.

Pikachu not only took his gear, but he was also made smaller. Most importantly, Pikachu is using Pichu's signature move for a Final Smash, not his own.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
How is this a valid point? You didn't make a point. You just said that Pikachu had one Pichu's costumes from melee. It's kind of obvious that Pichu won't be in. And I LOVE Pichu, but I don't think he should return.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
No it is pichu from melle but he evolvd!!!!11111one11!

=P

Hey, it's just a costume. And we've been assuming so many things of late, I don't even know if it's true.

Lou The Devil

Smash Rookie
I don't want Pichu in Brawl. He damaged himself when he used his electric attacks and although he was faster than Pikachu, the fact that he could damage himself was a major disadvantage.

In short, I'll won't be impressec if he is out of Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, if Pichu is truly gone I'm happy. Only one electric rat is needed in Brawl and that is Pikachu. So far, so good.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
No doubt about it. Pichu won't be in Brawl as a character OR costume. Small chance you'll see him from a pokeball, though.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"you think this deconfrimed pichu and not actually the fact that pichu deconfirmed itself for its crappiness?"

What he said.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
all right, first of all, pichu did not evolve and replace the old pickachu, as far as I know, nobody ages/whatever you want to call it in this relm, throught the series.
Pichu was quite possibly the absolute worst character in melee(due to his being tiny, weak, and emo hurt himself. I think that mewtwo was better than him personaly, but the tiers of melee disagree. pichu being gone is a plus to me, sure he was cute, but he was absolutely terrible, even the trophies in melee said he is best only for handicap matches...

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
LOL, the Pikachu in the middle with Ash's hat looks str8 up gangsta
Isn't that the Pokémon Trainer of the first Pokémon games's hat?

Whatever, most people call him "Ash", so I can't change it. >_>

Pichu is already gone, by far, he/she is the worst character in Melee.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Uhh, if you continued on that logic, we'd see Plusy and Minum if anything, or w/etf their names are, instead of Raichu. Since Pichu's the pre-evolved form of Raichu, they'd be the next step down to see in the sequel. I hope to God that isn't the case, I was just merely pointing out the flaw in that reasoning.

2nd: Just b/c some1 consideres a character crappy doesn't have any bearing as to whether or not they might return in a sequel. Without going into the "who's worst char" argument, which most of you prove to obviously have little amount of professional Smash experience by saying he's the worst, I just don't see that as a solid base for an argument. I've said it before; I'm not a hopeless fanboy thinking of any reason to exclaim my hopes of a character returning. Pichu's not even my fav char, though he's probably my fav and most used low tier. I'm of the Utopian ideal that no characters will be cut, but we all know that's not going to happen. I just want reasnoning beyond the overly played"Omg I hate Pichu he dmg's himself" and "he's annoying he's the smallest and weakest he's def gone", that's all...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I don't know guys, but up until this point I've been a sceptic of the "Oh, 1 char's clone has a clothing piece/color that resembles the other, so that means he won't be in Brawl" dillio, but today's update has brought me to a grim state of mind. See below the picture and caption of one of Pikachu's new attire.

"Th-those. I've seen those before somewhere..."

To me, this is obviously referring to the goggles, as they are in the foreground of the picture. And of course, we all know who dons those in Melee; none other than the cutest ball of **** ever, our very own Pichu. Now, again, like I said, up to this point I hadn't wanted to believe that costume duplications could mean the end of the char that they were coming from, but if Sakurai's willin to take the most kickass costume in all of SMASH HISTORY and give it to his evolved predoccessor, that tells me we may not be reaquainted with our loveable static mouse this time around. Thoughts and comment...

PS: <- That is what this part of the alphabet would look like without Q and R. Harhar.
Seriously though, to the mods/whoever: I realize they're have been these kinds of threads before, but mostly with ppl speculating on new char's, not past ones. And I thought this actually brought a valid point to the table, which is why I went ahead and decided to create. If you disagree and find it a waste of space, then close it, and I apalogize...
you should of known this from the start. THERE WILL BE NO CLONES IN BRAWL!

How about Arceus, Darkrai, Mewtwo(playable character as well) and Tyranitar?
Darkrai and Mewtwo can be playable characters... Arcues won't be revealed for a few years... maybe tyranitar but pichu is ten times scarier than him, in fact pichu should be the one controlling the prime minister guy or whatever his name is... lol

Chepe

Smash Lord
People who have played Pikachu at E for All have noted that many of Pichu's move properties have been transferred over to Pikachu's attacks. This is more proof of Pichu's deletion than anything else. Many of Pika's attacks feel like Pichu's, so whats the deal? You can still play as a big Pichu with range basically...

Or were people really into the whole "hurt yourself" deal?

People who have played Pikachu at E for All have noted that many of Pichu's move properties have been transferred over to Pikachu's attacks. This is more proof of Pichu's deletion than anything else. Many of Pika's attacks feel like Pichu's, so whats the deal? You can still play as a big Pichu with range basically...

Or were people really into the whole "hurt yourself" deal?
Umm its not really the same... If captain falcon was cut but luigi had all his moves would people be happy?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Or the fact that Pikachu and Pichu look almost identical? This is why Ness leaving wouldnt too bad in some ways, because Lucas would be a "Ness" that was expanded upon and improved. The Rope Snake tether is something Ness would have killed for in Melee...

You're forgetting that Pichu and Pikachu were clones, which means, that only their status and move properties are what seem so alike this time around, at least I think that's what he meant.
Yeah i think my example was a little bit too drastic but either way i loved pichu's character model no how good he was and that's why i'm upset towards all the hints of his removal

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Until he is officially deconfirmed, I won't stand for stupid arguments like some of you are making.

"Aww no more punching bag"
"He was small and pathetic"
"He hurt himself"

Well.
Can anybody tell me if any of those points are valid at all?

I mean.. like I know he was a clone and all.
But you have to remember he was important to Melee still.
Every character was, and now it seems like these boards are singling out the little feller.

Jigglypuff is weak.
She's small.
She CAN hurt herself, not physically but set herself up for it...
Why do you want her back?

Smash Apprentice
He has little significance to pokemon, and is a pikachu clone.
Both lower his chances.
However, this update means nothing. Is it not possible that Pichu gets NEW accessories?
I support Pichu for Brawl, as unlikely as he is.

Top Bottom