• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Waahs: The Return of the Troll! Scarborough, January 9th, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
k, if anyone's wondering about what Brawl+ set we're using, we're using an updated GSH2 beta.

It features no auto snap from hitlag when recovering. You'll know what I mean when you play it.
I just downloaded the installer, and I picked option 5 (download brawl+ GCT + character pac files) I assume those are the latest ones, I should be ok, I already had everything else, and already knew how it all worked so yeah

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I think I may bring my lap top to record my MMs and matches such as winner's final, loser's final and grand final. Keep in mind my lap top sucks and the charge doesn't last.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I might not be able to come anymore.

It's all because I slept in, I'm dead serious. My bigoted foster father just raged and screamed how he wasn't going to pay for my transportation.

I need a ride now, I have no money. See, I may have $8-10 dollars for a one way trip down to Toronto, where I'll pick my Wii up at my mother's house. Maybe someone can carpool me from there? Hopefully my mom will give me some money.

Ok, funny thing is, now I actually need to ask for wiis. Can anyone who is not bringing a tv (or if you are, either way) please bring a wii. I don't want to have it end up like at mikeys where there were more tvs then wiis, lolol.
I'll see what I can do. This is all last-minute, so I may flop again...

Tin Man

Smash Hero
No room for Lom. Only reason Jaske is coming is because he's small. I mean that in all seriousness.

That and because he's sexy.
culex is sexy too

I might not be able to come anymore.

It's all because I slept in, I'm dead serious. My bigoted foster father just raged and screamed how he wasn't going to pay for my transportation.

I need a ride now, I have no money. See, I may have $8-10 dollars for a one way trip down to Toronto, where I'll pick my Wii up at my mother's house. Maybe someone can carpool me from there? Hopefully my mom will give me some money.

I'll see what I can do. This is all last-minute, so I may flop again...
>.< when was the last tourney u went to man?

WIGI

Smash Champion
uhm Gi, i can bring my wii, but if there are other wiis there w should use them..the fan in my wii..is...not there... it has no fan...

so unless someone has like, one of them coolling stations i could use, i don't want to be responsible for an overheat or something

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna drop by on this one. I don't have enough time to actually join the tourny but I'll say hi =)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay I seriously have to stop playing MW2 and start playing Brawl. lol

MORE SETUPS WOULD STILL BE NICE!

.Marik

is a social misfit
So, I also talked to my foster mom about the situation.

She's like "keep your mouth shut, don't piss him off, and you'll probably get to go."

Things are looking up.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Great that everyone is bringing Wiis. :)

Just confirming all MMs (Marik and JustNoOne) and doubles with Wolfblade because I am going to the bank tonight to get money for the tourney.

Anyone else?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Looking forward to F1ZZ donating to charity.

A.K.A. giving money to me after I win the moneymatch. =)

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Great that everyone is bringing Wiis. :)

Just confirming all MMs (Marik and JustNoOne) and doubles with Wolfblade because I am going to the bank tonight to get money for the tourney.

Anyone else?
What about Wolfblade? We're gonna **** house? Yeah, I know.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Ok ok, so this guy from nicaragua is in Canada for a month and he'll be attending this tourney, he goes by n0ne on teh forums. this guy is a beast and he says he can take on gta in melee. Soooooo, when he comes I am going to have ONE melee set-up for a bit so any melee players can MM him or play him to see if he really is that beast. So I hope you guys have played some melee this week.

And as for pay, I'll be paying top 5 (1,2,3,4,5,5 so six people in total). I'm just figuring out the percentages. If anyone has any input on how I should distribute the money that would be appreciated.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
50/25/15/5/5
It seems wrong that 1st doesn't take a strict majority of the winnin's.

And you can't pay the same to two different ranks.

Hrrmm...

55/24/. . .

I don't see how that can work, without having like 9/7/4 or something at the end. :ohwell:

o_0

Iliad

Smash Lord
i said 25. Read.

Secondly. 5th is split between two people, so that makes it 2.5/2.5

Zed, serious bro. Quiet. And considering from the layout of the payout. 1st gets double the amount 2nd does.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
70/25/5/ 10$/10$

so just take 20 out of the pot, then devide it top three 70/25/5
we cant do that cause depending on how many people show, $10 might actually be too much.

Im gonna go ahead and assume the pot will be $400.

i think, 40 people MIGHT enter singles, lets hope so. But the turnout is looking pretty big.

If it is $400 then
50/25/15/5/2.5 and 2.5

1. $200
2. $100
3. $60
4. $20
5. $10
5. $10

also can u lower venue fee now lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
The only problem I have with 50/25/15 is that 1st gets double of 2nd still similar to 60/30/10, but 25/15? the 60/30/10 has 2nd place winning 3x more than 3rd making the grand finals mean more, but with 25/15 2nd only gets a bit more then 3rd. imo the 2 who make it to grand finals deserve atleast double of whoever got 3rd.

imo a good payout distribution would be 55/25/12.5/5/2.5 (make the 2 5th place spots fight for 5th)

Iliad

Smash Lord
ophi; you're an idiot.

gf willmean more because they're fdightin for 60%. it emans even more because they want to win more money than they can in 2nd place you ****in idiuots

edit

**** u ffill

infomon

Smash Scientist
k I'm legit confirmed, bringing full setup (tv+wii+brawl), + livestream-setup (camcorder+laptop = can get commentary, but it's a bit hobo cuz every hour someone needs to switch tapes or rewind one of them)

Also I'm bringing a friend, can prolly convince her to bring her wii + brawl too, not a tv tho

If anyone's stranded (particularly going west -> east) I might be able to pick someone up?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Why isnt Holy going to this wtf... I WOULD HAVE WENT if I was in Canada atm. Also, payout should be: 30 or less (60/30/10) if 40 less (55-25-15-5) if 50 or more (50/25/15/10/2x 5) best payout.

Hype

Smash Lord
I might sound bias my placings tend to dance around 3rd-5th with the occasional 2nd, but I think paying top 5 is a good idea for most tourneys becuase it will probably increase attendance. The top players are still profiting so they will still come and there is so many more people who can actually compete for something (even if it's only money back). So people will be more motivated to show up.

when only top 3 is paid there is like 5ish people who have any realistic chance of winning money.
when top 5 is paid there is a lot more. Even Tinman, an unranked player got top 5 (4th).

Look at the tourney results. Top 3 really doesn't change that much, top 5 does. If there is a signifigantly higher chance of people getting money some of the time this will motivate people to improve, strengthining our scene as a whole.

Before the consistant top placers complain about getting less money consider this. paying top 5 motivates people to show up which will increase attendance. You might actually get more money. You'll be getting a smaller slice of a bigger pie.

It was my birthday yesterday (19 Woot!) so I'm still a little tipsy and I might just be rambling lol. But everything looks like it makes sense.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Why isnt Holy going to this wtf... I WOULD HAVE WENT if I was in Canada atm. Also, payout should be: 30 or less (60/30/10) if 40 less (55-25-15-5) if 50 or more (50/25/15/10/2x 5) best payout.
(50 + 25 + 15 + 10 + 10) = 75 + 35 = 110%

xD

Elliot the one i suggested is 50/25/15/5/2.5x2 = 100%

But we're on the same train of thought.

*Edit* HAPPY MOTHER ****IN' BIRFDAZE HOBBS

Top Bottom