• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noob Alert

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
I stage spiked someone with Peach's recovery, and he then claimed that she had the cheapest aerials in the game.

I killed someone with rollout at 85% and they started yelling at me telling me Jigglypuff being low tier is a joke and she's going to be in top tier on the next list.

I got knee'd by my friend's little sister with Falcon while I was being DDD and she proceeded to believe that DDD was the worst character in the game from that day forward since she could never land the knee before.

The first 2 situations were with random people on wifi.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I spiked someone down with Falco's d-air. They called me a n00b for edgegaurding and called all Falco's d-air broken. I just laughed.
What did he want me to do, let him recover?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Do you know that I get these comments EVERY time I play Smash with my friends?
I play with 5 dudes, one of them is into the competitive scene, the rest is just overly casual and like playing Mortal Kombat vs DC over Brawl...yeah...
But I have to put up with these things every time I play and it get's pretty annoying, hence I look up other people to play with and play mostly with my one competitive friend to train. And whenever I'm Brawling with the rest of my friends, I usually just drink beer and smoke cigarettes instead of Brawl, and trust me, it's a lot better than hearing people john all the time...

Moozle

Smash Champion
The worst is when people are 100% sure that sonic and pit are the best. I told someone that sonic is actually pretty bad and and he was in shock and didn't believe me:mad:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
The worst is when people are 100% sure that sonic and pit are the best. I told someone that sonic is actually pretty bad and and he was in shock and didn't believe me:mad:
They are both very annoying, though...

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Some Nub: OMG MARIO IS SO CHEAP <----Fox User

Me: lol k (Uses Fox the next match)

Nub gets 3 stocked by Fox.

Some Nub: Mirrors don't matter!

Me: lol k choose a different character then

Some Nub: (Uses Ike the next match)

Nub gets 3 stocked by Fox.

Some Nub: OMG FOX IS SO CHEAP

Me: lol k

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Ahaha..I love these sorta noobs! I've never really had to play with any but reading about other peoples experiences is great!
Sorta makes me want to do so!
*Imagines pikachus dsmash being called cheap..then being cursed at by someone who dosent di out of a thunderflip*....hmm maybe not.

You should have used metaknight or even better Ike! Let them eat f-smash and call Ike cheap. Now those are the BEST noobs ever

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Lol, I think every single character has victims of this. Especially Ike, man. With Anyone has like a lifetime supply of Ike n00bs.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Happens all the time. This guy was all like: "Oh, I'm sooooo good man, and with Kirby, too."

Ironically, there was a Kirby in the match, and he gave up the controller to the challenger. I tapped him. There were no smashballs, and he was all like "Man, you suck! Why you gotta use Sonic, man? Sonic's final smash is cheap, dude!"

But there we no smashballs. O.o

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
Most of my friends who ocme to play at my house are n00best of n00bs like they cant recover,they cant do smash attacks and when they chose spamming characters they like jsut jump and b b b b like metaknight and pikachu aaargh =(

But I got one friend who is decent with game and watch he's playing 3 months like 3 days a week but he's still not good as me

:chuckle:

-Ran

Smash Master
I typically only get comments about how amazing and sexy my Snake looks when I play against Scrubs. Since they fail at DI and air dodging it's incredibly easy to knock them into all of the explosions on the screen. =v

NNID
Budget_Player
This one isn't quite as bad, but it shows that scrubism can strike anywhere.

My friend complains about my Falco. This may not sound extraordinary, but I am terrible with falco. Like, the only thing I'm capable of is the Dthrow chain (I never am able to land the Dair spike at the end) and laser spam (not even SHDL) and he *****es about it because he hates throws. He even usually wins against my Falco (because my falco sucks) and still complains.
He also *****es about my DDD. You know, because, DDD has an infinte chaingrab on Metaknight and Toon Link. :rolleyes:

The thing that's funny about this is, he's a very capable smasher. His TL would be quite good if he didn't kill himself so much with Dair. His MK is actually really pretty good (for a guy who doesn't go to tournaments, obv.). But he still complains when I so much as touch DDD, Falco, Bowser (Bowsercide is cheap because he doesn't know that he can influence the direction), Olimar (ZOMFG tether grabs and pikmin spam), or Shiek (ZOMFG Ftilt). Kind of annoying, really...

It's funny though. He doesn't complain about my snake, my MK, my DK, my Wario, or any number of other chars with whom I am way better than any of the above.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Me vs. my friend
I win almost every game
My friend "Turn items off, you can't win without them!" (I don't care f they are off or on but my bro likes them on)
I keep winning "Well, you still aren't that good, you have to use cheap characters like Bowser, Lucas, or Pit!"
I use Jiggly and beat him again
He says "You play too much!"
I say "Maybe you just suck, I got a perfect win against you with CF"
lol he sucks but his brother is good at the game:laugh:

cutter

Smash Champion
My only problem comes when these types of people are extremely stubborn and refuse to adapt or change their habits to get better. Instead of finding solutions to situations, they rather complain about it which is just being lazy. Considering OR isn't the greatest smash scene in the world, especially where I live, I try to help other people out to have them become better players instead of just flat out beating them.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
But Ness and Lucas ARE the cheapest homos in the game.
I have encountered this before when I used to pwn with Link in Melee, I was always cheap, like it's my fault the game and Link was developed with the ability to smash of of the stage just before a recovery. But in Liu of that to ease people's pain I would and always did, use every single move that Link could do, and more than once, and I'd still win. There are no "real" cheap characters in the sense that the person is who is cheap. One of the only characters I actually consider cheap is Game and Watch, because he can spam his exterminater move to deal you 100 dmg. But again, any character can trap you in a corner and deal you 300 dmg. I too hate people who need escuses, if it isn't hacks it's cheapness.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Anybody who says pick MK is being silly, picking #1 on the tier list would make you think that you are being more cheap, so beat them with Ganon or CF.

Sieguest

Smash Master
This reminds me of that one time at band camp! :) just kidding...
But I really do have a johning story...
It was one of the few times I let my adorable cousin play brawl, he's 11...so I have pity for him...
Anyway...I decided to go Falcon...and he chose Mario (cuz Mario is the best because he's at the front of the cover...) I proceeded to beat him with PAWNCH ( I know I shouldn't spam it...but I knew I could get away with it...) He then complains that falcon is cheap because he's too fast and too powerful...
Then he decides to go MK...("cuz he's way cooler than Falcon", and he saw the "AWESOME" tornado that he could do...) So guess what... I stood at the edge of the stage...he comes spinning after me...Falcon dodges and MK doesn't turn around...he lost that way...He complained that Falcon dodges too good..which lead him to the brilliant assumption that Falcon is the best character in the game...:)

I didn't make fun of him... he was too adorable...but I never forgot him saying that Falcon was the best...

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
if someone complains that a character is cheap i pick the character they just used. or go random. playing everybody has alot of good things going for it.
also pick up ics if you wanna really annoy noobs because they ALWAYS get grabbed XD

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
I have this one friend that used to play competitively with me, he quit brawl, went to Call of Duty 4. He was decent but got mad way too easily and would just complain about everything i did. I would normally let it go and ignore it but this one time he just wouldnt shut up and i was getting furious.

I was using olimar and he was using metaknight, so i was just throwing my pikmin and when he would get close i would throw out a F-Smash or a grab. Eventually he would get aggrovated and just quit the match saying how cheap olimar was and how easy he was to play. I told him he probably shouldn't talk because he played metaknight, and he just said to me that olimar is the easiest character to use, and metaknight is the hardest. So i told him if Olimar was so easy to use than why don't you use him. So he switched to olimar the next match and i 3 stocked him with Captain Falcon, and he said that Olimar just sucked.

Luckily he quit brawl because it was basicaly ruining our friendship lol, most of my other friends that play brawl casually don't ever really complain about anything, and when they do they are just joking. They that they are just terrible at the game.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I have friends to play competitively with but they make up excuses or just get really flustered and quit their main since I three stock them. They think I'm only good since I play brawl alot, anybody can play brawl 24/7 and still be not all that good at the game.

One of my friends actually got influenced to get better because of me so it's all good <3

Jun.

Smash Lord
i Have Friends To Play Competitively With But They Make Up Excuses Or Just Get Really Flustered And Quit Their Main Since I Three Stock Them. They Think I'm Only Good Since I Play Brawl Alot, Anybody Can Play Brawl 24/7 And Still Be Not All That Good At The Game.

One Of My Friends Actually Got Influenced To Get Better Because Of Me So It's All Good <3
Omg You're Soooooo Good. Teach Me The Ways

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
A Bowser main who loves items insists he's even with my Snake even though the only time he has ever beaten me is when he picked Pit and spammed B before I knew how to power shield consistently. And that was like... when Brawl first came out. He still insists he's even with me even though he's never played anybody but the same group of scrub friends over and over.

Typical scrub who thinks he's cooler than he really is.

My story is boring.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
if someone complains that a character is cheap i pick the character they just used. or go random. playing everybody has alot of good things going for it.
also pick up ics if you wanna really annoy noobs because they ALWAYS get grabbed XD
I will sometimes do the character they just used thing, but I don't do random or have them select my character because I just don't want to wind up with a character I either suck at (Kirby for example) or just someone I really don't like (like Diddy)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
If you have people that think they are better than you but really suck, you should let them pick the match settings, but warn them that if they don't win, that they have to pay you Money every time they challenge you again. Get it in a legal contract that they are allowed to pick this last match's settings (go ahead and let them use item too: if they are novices, then you should be able to use them better), but that if they lost said match, then they suck, and they must pay you to fight you again. They either get better at the game by realising they suck (not very likely), pay you to play you (most wanted option, slightly more likely but not as likely), or leave you alone and burn in Hell with the rest of the noobs (most likely option).

Works

Every

Time.

On a random note, every time someone says Metaknight is rigged because of his Tornado, I want to put a New-Born Kitten into a Blender and push Frappe. Kids like that piss me off.

:flame:

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Anybody who says pick MK is being silly, picking #1 on the tier list would make you think that you are being more cheap,
Ummmm... No. Play what character you're comfortable with, if it's Meta Knight, then play as him. If someone says you're being cheap with him. All they're doing is johning, because the don't have the skillz to beat you.

Top Bottom