• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal/Bay Area/DBR:NorCal Nevers: Everything in Moderation. Including Moderation.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yes, Japanese voice acting is how Japanese series are intended. You know how you might watch something in another language just because of how funny it sounds? Well that's pretty much what you're watching when you watch dubbed anime. Except you're trying to take the suckiness seriously.

Sooo...for the worst dubbing that I've seen I'd have to go with Love Hina. From that experience I now know that asian languages are the best for hyperactive little girls. I'd also say the dubbing in Ranma or Tenchi is pretty bad except I don't know how many of you would follow that.

For all you comedy fans who LOVE Azumanga Daioh I say check out Kodomo no Omocha (AKA Child's Toy) and, of course, don't watch it dubbed.

But I must say I haven't really watched anything new in the last two years, so please don't quiz me. Except for One Piece. Nico Robin FTW!

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
I started One piece on thanksgiving... im at episode 310... CP9 chapter is so good...

Anyways... does anyone know info for that Fremont Gunn high school tournement? I have no clue where to go and what time it is... And I don't know will zhu go home to give me the info beforehand or is he going straight there -_-.

Hydro says 1-2?... but where is it... how am I going to find it -_-...

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Sooo...for the worst dubbing that I've seen I'd have to go with Love Hina.
Naruto might be up there with it. I remember checking out the Love Hina DVD Xmas Special from the library. Decided to see how bad it was in English, switched to Japanese 1 minute later. I saw a Cartoon Network preview of Naruto online, and It was very horrible.

The only decent English ones I can think of is DBZ, cause Goku doesnt sound like he's 12 years old (even though I believe the Japanese voice actor of Goku is female)

And finally finished Enies Lobby. way too good. and BTZO says he doesn't like it, but hes a figgit anyways so its understandable (truthfully he was just dumb and watched it in English first) =3

darkatma

Smash Hero
What is Castle in the Sky about?
Uhh I watched it in chinese with chinese subs, so I don't know if my explanation is going to be concise :p

Anyways, It's a relatively short production (1 and a half hours), and the plot is just amazing and cool. I can't really decribe it anyways, you'll have to wiki it for plot summary, but it's not just the plot that makes the production so wonderful.

Anyways I'd recommend any of Hayao Miyazaki's stuff, I'm gonna find a copy of Princess Mononoke soon and watch that. His movies are way better than drawn out animes like naruto and **** that hella people like for no reason.

Oh did i mention I want to murder whoever dubbed naruto's voice?

KizzoGirl

Smash Ace
His movies are way better than drawn out animes like naruto and **** that hella people like for no reason.
What exactly do you mean by "drawn out"? I do notice that when I watch one of his movies, there is much less repetition than typical animes, and the overall realism of the characters' movements is much better than that of the likes of Naruto and most other animes. Could someone explain why that's so? Are they created differently (well, obviously, but yeah)?

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
FROTAZ IS THE GREATEST!! Anyone stupid enough to argue with him should be taken in the back and shot. For frotaz knows all and everything

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
What exactly do you mean by "drawn out"? I do notice that when I watch one of his movies, there is much less repetition than typical animes, and the overall realism of the characters' movements is much better than that of the likes of Naruto and most other animes. Could someone explain why that's so? Are they created differently (well, obviously, but yeah)?
I don't know the specifics of techniques and all of that but the simple answer is budget. Naruto and most other animes are TV shows, while stuff from Studio Ghibli is not.

It's kind of like comparing an animated movie to the Simpsons. Maybe that's a bad example because they made a movie about that. Beavis and Butt-Head? Wait....also bad. Duck Tales? Still no good...

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Every time you say something like "Let's recap your ownage" it just makes you look STUPID. So stop, for your own sake.
Hmmm...

I just felt like randomly insulting you and seeing how dumb you would make yourself look throughout your responses.

You certainly didn't disappoint :rolleyes

I never said that. "Involved in it" is not the same as being a part of it. You basically said. "Movies are bad. But this movie, this movie, and this movie are great." It's not hard to see why that makes no sense.
Dude, is English not your first language? Wow. Did you seriously just say that? I can honestly say I've never been in a dumber argument than this.

In other words, Movies as a WHOLE are bad, but this movie, this movie, and this movie are great. Why do you need that spelled out for you? You tried to create an entirely semantical argument... but the problem is the only way your point has any ground to stand on is if you toss out all common sense. Like people really need to be told something is not an absolute statement?

That doesn't matter.
Your writing was pretty poor and ambiguous, leaving the reader oft confused.

I'm saying that if you like anime, don't say "anime is bad"...
... Dude, this is just laughable. What the ****? No, seriously: what the ****?

I like some anime. As a whole, anime is bad. This does not need to be specified because it is incredibly and patently obvious, and the fact that you're trying to "randomly" insult me and start an argument because of that is LMAO pathetic, yet still incorrect.

There's just no way this isn't an entire level on your part. I wish you did create a laughable strawman of me, because at least that would be a somewhat excusable mistake. This is just pure idiocy, and there's no explanation for that.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
P calm down, Frotaz is pretty good at this game.

I don't like anime in general either. There are a few that stand out that make it pretty cool, but I only watch those few, and probably less than that. Even the good ones eventually sell out if they get the chance and become terrible (most obvious example: Naruto). The rest is garbage.

But I did name myself Kira. First story arc of Death Note = god tier.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Great Anime:

Death Note
Great Teacher Onizuka
Princess Mononoke
Blue Gender
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball
Dai-Guard
Detective Conan
Trigun
Detective Academy Q
Ghost in the Shell (1st and 2nd movie)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd gig)
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
Last Exile
Love Hina
Azumanga Daioh
Yu Yu Hakasho
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
Fate Stay Night
Blood: The Last Vampire
Animatrix
Bubblegum Crisis 2040
FLCL

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Great Anime:

Death Note
Great Teacher Onizuka
Princess Mononoke
Blue Gender
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball
Detective Conan
Detective Academy Q
Ghost in the Shell (1st and 2nd movie)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st and 2nd gig)
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
Last Exile
Love Hina
Azumanga Daioh
Yu Yu Hakasho
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Alchemist
No bleach? lol

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I believe the case with DBZ is he wanted to end it after Freeza, which would of been an amazing ending.

I hear the crazy fans wanted more though, similar to the insane NGE peoples.

iMichael

Smash Lord
DBZ was good way back in the day, until you had to wait like...4 episodes for something to happen. You see them just floating there staring at each other for like....5 minutes, and then the wind blows...and then they stare a little more, and then the episode ends. lol
Yeah I remember those days....I can say that it mostly happened when Goku was fighting the Androids...O..M..G. How many episodes did we have to wait for some sh*t to go down?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah
Look, I said it before. If you're going to say something that's a total generalization, don't post evidence that proves you're totally generalizing in the same post.

You've seen some good anime, and you've seen some bad anime. Saying it's good or bad one way or the other is pretty dumb, cause I'm sure there are thousands of anime you haven't seen before, and you enjoyed some of the ones you have seen. So what the **** man o_O

Just cause you don't mean something doesn't excuse you from the stupidity of saying it.

I've made my point. You can choose to listen to it or you can keep trying to argue it and make yourself look even dumber. And I really don't care if you're better than me at smash. If I did, I'd mention how you almost lost to my ganondorf in pools, had a higher seed than me in the bracket, and still only got 33rd while I got 13th. But I honestly don't care, so I won't mention it.

Top Bottom