• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norcal brawl power rankings?

sidefx

Smash Champion
Read my post again.

The fact is:

The last couple sac touneys have had numbers that rival the ncb's at their most popular. Yuba's have been in the 20-30 area.

We've pulled people from out of state and the bay area. Good players. It's not just random noobs. There's substance to the numbers.

The center isn't the bay anymore. There's been great tourneys all over norcal. Just pay attention please.

who is qtp... who is kupo.. 20-30 people?that rivals ncb? i think not my friend.

rankings dont care about who goes or how many people you get.. or how many high quality players go to a tournament.. its who you play.. who you beat.. who you lose to. how you did at EVERY tournament.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
who is qtp... who is kupo.. 20-30 people?that rivals ncb? i think not my friend.

rankings dont care about who goes or how many people you get.. or how many high quality players go to a tournament.. its who you play.. who you beat.. who you lose to. how you did at EVERY tournament.

Ask KOF who QTP is. Still, I said the quality of players was good. Read full post please. Everything you said is a huge DUH, and I've addressed all of those in my posts.

I was referring to the enders game as pulling a good 45 plus people. That was about as much people as the NCB's I went to anyways. Yuba is a bit far but we've pulled reno and a few other areas.

ANYWAYS, just please consider things other than the NCB's because (like I stated before)

There are a ton of good tourneys in Norcal going on with GOOD players that are KNOWN and have placed consistently well in tourneys with GOOD people. (beating them, of course)
I realize that you can squeak into a higher place without playing a juggernaut)

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
there needs to be a lot more tournaments, and more tournaments where different regions play each other before rankings are introduce. Give it time, theres no need to rush a rankings.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this calls for a large-scale norcal brawl tournament with invites from all regions

Zoap

Smash Master
Raretruffle

Ok guys Zoap is going in for the ****

Ok raretruffle you said and I quote

Add QTP, Milk, and Kupo. They perform better and have beaten more skilled people than a good chunk of that list.

not to mention beating most of the people on the actual list.
I dont ever recall milk/kupo/qtp beating anyone on that list in tournament, meaning you were talking about good ol friendlies. Well friendlie are just that, ****ING FRIENDLIES.

You also say
The last couple sac touneys have had numbers that rival the ncb's at their most popular. Yuba's have been in the 20-30 area.
Ok so Sacs numbers are:
EG VI March 15th: Singles Entrants: 8
EG VII April 19th: Singles Entrants 48
EG VII May 15th: Singles Entrants: 43
TAG VIII March 29th: Singles Entrants: 22
TAG IX April 26th: Singles Entrants: 31
TAG X May 24th: Singles Entrants: 24

So lets go ahead and look at the last three NCB attendance:
NCB December 15: Singles Pools Entrants: 90
NCB January 27: Singles 53
NCB May 3: Melee Singles: 32 Brawl Singles: 35

So lets see for EG's we have 8+48+43=99/3=33 avg, not too bad
For TAG we have 22+31+24=77/3=25.666666666666 avg
And for NCB we have 90+53+35+32=52.5 avg

hmmm quite a rivalry there...25.666 and 33 are most def equal to 52.

Don't take this wrong cuz I ****ing love ender to death and the tournament of his I did attend was ran very well, but when you go and make outrageous claims your bound to have evidence come back and **** all over you supposed "facts".

As for Yuba pulling in 20-30 area:
Yuba 4/12 Entrants: 14
Yuba 4/26 Entrants: 24
Yuba 5/10 Entrants: 16

Hmm 54/3= 18 avg... that doesnt look to be in between 20-30. :)

Add QTP, Milk, and Kupo. They perform better and have beaten more skilled people than a good chunk of that list.

not to mention beating most of the people on the actual list.
O yea so lets look at some of those brawl results :)

EG 7:
1st: Lucien(Sid, TC1, Another Side, Spaztik, KOF, Future Champ, Hitori, KOSK, Meep x2, Lost Meep)
2nd: Meep(DRGN, JQWST, Lucien, Hitori, KOSK, Lost Lucien x2)
3rd: KOSK(Park, Milk, Zem, QTP, Future Champ, Lost Meep, Lost Lucien)
4th: Hitori(Zoap, HMW, Hostility, QTP, Lost Meep, Lost Lucien)
5th: QTP(Peace Tree, Claw x 2, KOF, Cuba is Death, Lost KOSK, Lost Hitori)

EG 8:
1st: Meep
2nd: Seris
3rd: CBK
4th: Catnip
I got lazy but basically meep beat everyone, Seris lost to catnip early but than came back and beat him and everyone but meep, CBK uses DK, and Catnip lost to meep and seris

TAG VIII
2nd: SMX7
3rd: TMM
4th: Delphiki

TAG IX
2nd: Catnip
3rd: Kupo
4th: Delphiki

TAG X
2nd: Ricky
3rd: SNP
4th: DRGN

Yuba 4/12
1st: Milk(QTP, LMA, DRGN, Delphiki x2)
2nd: Delphiki(JMAC, Nbake, DOG, Raretruffle, Lost Milk x 2)
3rd: Raretruffle(Kupo, JMAC, LMA, DOG, Kupo, Lost DRGN, Lost Delphiki)
4th: Kupo(C-unt, Nbake, QTP, DRGN, Lost Raretruffle x 2)

Single Elim FTW
Yuba 4/26
1st: Raretruffle(Bye, Robert, Dog, Fonz, SHAKE)
2nd: Shake(David, Preston S, KLTCH, EVIL, Lost RareTruffle)
3rd: Evil(Bye, MopNStock, Nbake, Lost SHAKE)
3rd: Fonz(Manny, Kinnard, JMAC, Lost RareTruffle)

Yuba 5/10
1st: Meep(Nbake, TC1, Kupo, QTP, Seris)
2nd: Seris(Half Demon, Delphiki, DRGN, Kupo, QTP, Lost QTP, Lost Meep)
3rd: QTP(Anbu, Milk, Seris, Lost Meep, Lost Seris)
4th: Kupo(Shake, DRGN, TC1, Lost Meep, Lost Seris)

So after all of that lets see who Milk has beat on my list:

Milk: TC1(who mind you was on a noteable list and that same tourney had beat him as well as at the next tournament they played milk lost to him). What milk does have going for him is he traveled to reno and ***** them. But at the same time milk also lost to AME2 and QTP.

QTP: KOF... and Milk but also lost to seris but also lost to DRGN and Samurai X

Kupo: TC1 a decent win over Nor4u

So hmmm looks like each of those players have 1 maybe 2 wins over decent norcal players and milk being the only one to beat anyone outta cali.

But through all of this I noticed a few things:
1. Meep pretty much ***** your faces
2. Catnip and Seris look to be performing well in the area and I would like to see them play some outside competition.
3. Did I mention Meep ****** your face?
4. You guy do have a lot of tournaments with ok numbers, which sadly is more than the bay has right now. So I guess we might start heading up there at least to Ender's Games.
5. And lastly Meep is ****** your face how do you feel?

The ncb's are good melee and brawl tourneys.

Fresno, Sac, and even Yuba have really talented players who have beaten many notables. Our tourneys have also consistently pulled out of towners and out of state in players in some cases.

Although understandable, there is alot of bay area bias in that list. I know it's not official and was probably just thrown out there, but yeah.

I completely agree with there not being enough info for a solid ranking though.
I don't really see much beating of notables and I don't see much bias either. The simple fact is the Bay travels to outer regions(Reno/Socal) and whenever the two areas meet(Bay and Non Bay) we still walk away with the win.

Also just a quick question where was Yuba/Sac and all the other non bayers in the top 4 in Reno? O thats right it was only the Bay that actually makes it that far in large tournaments my bad :)

Ask KOF who QTP is. Still, I said the quality of players was good. Read full post please. Everything you said is a huge DUH, and I've addressed all of those in my posts.

I was referring to the enders game as pulling a good 45 plus people. That was about as much people as the NCB's I went to anyways. Yuba is a bit far but we've pulled reno and a few other areas.

ANYWAYS, just please consider things other than the NCB's because (like I stated before)

There are a ton of good tourneys in Norcal going on with GOOD players that are KNOWN and have placed consistently well in tourneys with GOOD people. (beating them, of course)
I realize that you can squeak into a higher place without playing a juggernaut)
So your whole argument was based around qtp beating kof. Well gg to us i guess, that just invalidates the **** outta my list. If you didnt notice i took the time to look at all your dumb tourneys and my list still hasnt changed(with the exception of catnip/seris performing well outta region). So your right there are good tourney is Norcal with GOOD players that are KNOWN and have placed consistently well in tourneys with GOOD people. This just all happen to be in the bay :)

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Ya, the region is more like 2 regions unless we do start some type of circuit, but bay has to start a few more tournies before we can think about that.

Also im just making sure im seperate from saying anyone from sac area is good. Im not saying they arnt but I know how people see things, because we went through the same exact thing in melee.

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
Deeper Norcal has been traveling to outer regions as well. At capitol all I mentioned did very well. Brackets as I know it aren't uploaded as a whole, but if you find them that would be a good thing to look at.

At least 3 recent tourneys from Yuba haven't been put up, which is our fault, so not credible I guess. Fresno also had a large tourney and The reno monthly tourneys have had a strong norcal presence there.

I can't argue with your Math though, and Meep does **** face. Maybe some crew battles or mm's are in order.

"QTP: KOF... and Milk but also lost to seris but also lost to DRGN and Samurai X"

Sounds like inui logic. Also some of those are melee results.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Deeper Norcal has been traveling to outer regions as well. At capitol all I mentioned did very well. Brackets as I know it aren't uploaded as a whole, but if you find them that would be a good thing to look at.
Only one region can be referred to as "Deeper Norcal" ;D

sidefx

Smash Champion
lol@ fresno being norcal. i think the line should stop at modesto.

if i travel to a couple random socal tournaments, does that mean im socal?

fresno is more socal than anything else.. or central cali..

OR.. like i said.. have central valley have their own rankings.. and bay area their own.

OR like ender suggested.. a circuit.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
"Norcal" is, for ranking purposes, less of a geographic area and more of a set of smashers that play each other in tournament with any regularity. If Fresno plays in "Norcal" tourneys often enough, then they should be in Norcal. It just has to do with who plays whom.

Also "Deeper Norcal" is a registered trademark of Deep Norcal Enterprises, LLC.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
this is getting dumb. Socal is everything up to and INCLUDING Bakersfield, Norcal is everything North of Bakersfield. And if anyone wants to crew battle Fresno for our right to be included in Norcals list because they're stubborn then let me know.

pockyD

Smash Legend
sure if you win a crew battle you're part of the region

maybe you should just try to sneak in western alabama's power rankings

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Do we even know enough good players in NorCal to make up one solid ranking?

And if we do, they'll mostly be from the Bay Area. I hate to kinda "rain on people's parades" but honestly NorCal is pretty much composed of the Bay Area and a few areas outside of it (Sac, Fresno, Modesto).

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok so big tourney this sat at sjsu. Alot of socals finest are comin along wit possibly meep and that area as well as fresno. Yuba/Sac time to man up and trudge south to show what your made of

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
i honestly think 2 separate rankings would be way way way more accurate.
Who cares about accuracy? It's all about HYPE!

I mean, look how much discussion there is on something we can't even DO yet.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
GAME!.............this games winner is.............Zoap

Peter's argument was pretty valid

u basically have ppl playing good in 2 different areas so the only way to figure out whose real good is for sac to go to an NCB lol or bay go to a sac tourney which has happened so yea

The best ppl(to me)are in the bay....so......yea

so if sac(im sorry if im referring to everyone)has wut it takes.....go to the bay i guess.....

cuz all the best ppl are in the bay DBR, Lou, KOF many more.....i jus said this hahahaha

i mean its hard to be noticed as real good if u dont play anyone real good(not saying anyone in sac hasnt....im jus going off of pete's arguement and the bay dominates)

and sac prolly has played good ppl, they jus arent notcied by other ppl that are real good ppl ,or jus not consistent

but the only way to be ranked is jus............win...............
....................................................................................................

Vincent is beyond smart, the valleys only hope lol

fresno is good....but thats my opinion ppl so dont 4 stock me

yea im stupid why did i post my opinion.............balls :ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

sidefx

Smash Champion
im gonna be going to enders games with a bunch of others, hopefully form dbr, and lucien and stuffs, so people should go there if they want to play us

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
im gonna be going to enders games with a bunch of others, hopefully form dbr, and lucien and stuffs, so people should go there if they want to play us
Unfortunately we won't be able to make the NCB Saturday, but we will definitely be at the next one. (Work Johns) And we always show up for Ender's tourneys.

Hit my allisbrawl page for money matches etc. Hope to see alot of you there. Bring your A game.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Teamscape: The Movie?

Also I made this picture randomly.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Peter, what about Sean? I think i do pretty well in tournys, at new breath i got second, but it doesnt matter, meep ***** my face.

Top Bottom