• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Sorry, but there are to be no state/regional power ranking threads. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
Much thanks to Omnigamer for allowing the regional ranking threads, and much thanks to the Smash Back Room. We finally got what we wanted. So, now the rankings are back. Enjoy. The next update for the rankings will come after NCT2: The Big One (Red Version).

We will be forming a mission statement by then. I'll call for a meeting after NCT2.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
nice list, i'm glad it's back. after #14 or #15 or so, the level of skill gets pretty vague IMO, but still, it's good to know who's good around here. considering the TGE tournament placings aren't credible yet (because of the lack of good players) hopefully crews like FTA (and my crew too lol) will rep themselves well for the rest of norcal.

or at least bring a couple new faces into the light (Meep, anyone? too good)

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
nice list, i'm glad it's back. after #14 or #15 or so, the level of skill gets pretty vague IMO, but still, it's good to know who's good around here. considering the TGE tournament placings aren't credible yet (because of the lack of good players) hopefully crews like FTA (and my crew too lol) will rep themselves well for the rest of norcal.

or at least bring a couple new faces into the light (Meep, anyone? too good)
The TGE placings are credible, this list is from about a month ago. The NCB's just have more competition so they are weighed more heavily.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see. and is rumor true that zel coming is back? if he is, i assume he would automatically be put somewhere in the top 5

Snap

Smash Ace
man i can't wait until nct. i havent had real competition in so long.

i'll be so happy to see all u guys and i'll be bringing my A game

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
The powerankings are cool.....and smart that it shows whose the best of wut area and who u need to get past to make it there

hopefully PAUK and FTA can prove themselves its cool KFC and Darkmike made it prolly the only TGE'rs there but shadow is right NCB's are weighed more thats prolly why a few TGE'rs aren't known yet.....(Choknater and Meep are crazy)

Zoap

Smash Master
meep has indeed been impressing at least me as of late, but then again we must remember that he is only playin his own crew and team pauk, ppl he knows inside and out.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
i have a question but i may be answering it myself. when's the next time the PRs will be updated? im guessing after NCT2? because this Meep you speak of won the last 2 TGE's in a row. also, he played in the finals match against Sinma (and lost) at a local gamecrazy tournament. im pretty sure ender has informed you of this, and if he hasn't ask him about it. although it was filled with n00bs, there was at least 10 people there with skill.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
i have a question but i may be answering it myself. when's the next time the PRs will be updated? im guessing after NCT2? because this Meep you speak of won the last 2 TGE's in a row. also, he played in the finals match against Sinma (and lost) at a local gamecrazy tournament. im pretty sure ender has informed you of this, and if he hasn't ask him about it. although it was filled with n00bs, there was at least 10 people there with skill.
Yeah, the next update will be after NCT2 Red. Yeah, I heard about the Gamecrazy tournament.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
You must have not played Mexican yet, Karthik..

I really dont know how i made it to the list and meep and mexican didnt.
You placed higher in tournaments around the time the list was made, and even now you've beaten people that are fairly high on the list and Meep and Mexican have not. Meep has been and is being considered for the top 25, if he wants to make it thogh, I'd advise he does well at NCT2, or at least not bad losses or anything. Mexican, well, we didn't really feel he was on par with the people on the list, but he was very close to making it on there, and a good performance at NCT2 could possibly get him there, we don't know yet.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
i was just remembering all the TGEs i went to where Meep placed higher than KFC
From what we, the panelists saw, Meep tends to do strongly when his crew is the majority of the highest level of competition at the tournament. However, when FTA came to NCB, KFC and Dark Mike performed better against members outside of the crew than Meep. Meep and MEXICAN are definitely in consideration for the next update. And as we've said, NCT2 will be a large determining factor for those players, a few other players and those players that are towards the bottom of the rankings.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hopefully we can see an unleashed crouching tiger hidden ic's at nct2. only time will tell.

i honestly don't know how i would fare against the NCBers and socal. it's been a while. i've eliminated kfc from the winners bracket 3 times now but that fox of his always seems to come back. darkmike's also better than me by a slight. meep... well it's been a while since i beat his luigi lol, but it's close.

but that could only be because i'm used to them. the only ncber's i got to play were foxroar (who decided to play humorously and sandbagged me in cf dittos) and bob$, who ***** me.

these guys are the best of the best, unfortunately i didn't get to play the other (and perhaps less threatening) players like frotaz, btzo, hyuga, or sidefx.

i'm not begging to be on the list, but only asking that i be considered. plzkthx?

in an effort to prove myself, i'll be bringing $2 bills for MM's lol.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
hopefully we can see an unleashed crouching tiger hidden ic's at nct2. only time will tell.

i honestly don't know how i would fare against the NCBers and socal. it's been a while. i've eliminated kfc from the winners bracket 3 times now but that fox of his always seems to come back. darkmike's also better than me by a slight. meep... well it's been a while since i beat his luigi lol, but it's close.

but that could only be because i'm used to them. the only ncber's i got to play were foxroar (who decided to play humorously and sandbagged me in cf dittos) and bob$, who ***** me.

these guys are the best of the best, unfortunately i didn't get to play the other (and perhaps less threatening) players like frotaz, btzo, hyuga, or sidefx.

i'm not begging to be on the list, but only asking that i be considered. plzkthx?

in an effort to prove myself, i'll be bringing $2 bills for MM's lol.
Less threatening, but nothing to overlook xP haha. I will say that I have watched your placings and you play, and I also will say you have been taken into consideration (by me at least). There are a few candidates you are quite close to making it on my list if they can prove themselves at NCT2. Anyone can beat their friends, but it's how they do against people they've never played before which shows their real talent (one of the many reasons why NCT2 is being weighed so much).

Simna: Remember that the list was made a month ago, where KFC recently had higher placings and beat more people than Meep. Of course now things are a little different, so we will see how it goes.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I'll be happy when I'm even considered. I know I'm less skilled than most of those players (not ALL mind you) but unfortunately I can't commonly go to NCBs or TGEs. However I think more members of Teamscape will begin appearing on these lists in the next couple months.

Top Bottom