• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Melee Power Rankings - Summer '15 Update - In Sickness and In Filth

Adam M!

Smash Lord
on the bus home today i was thinking about making a long post about how an un-updated PR reflects poorly on our community

but really i dont give a **** enough to try and make a cohesive, cogent and coherent argument for it.
who is reflecting on the norcal community

pockyD

Smash Legend
an inaccurate PR "reflects" significantly worse than no PR, especially since it slights not only the community, but also the individual, inaccurately judged players

Kira-

Smash Champion
How accurate / up-to-date are other regions' PR's?

Not that we should feel good about ourselves if theirs aren't recently updated either, just wondering.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i honestly have no idea what norcal's pr would look like right now

im not even sure who top 5 are

jeff brandon dajuan

..?

i know sfat and lucien have gotten better

not that i go to tournaments LOL

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I just want to say I love how diverse our rankings are. I mean for ****'s sake, the number one player on our list is a Falcon player and the number three is a Doc player.

I'd think it's safe to say Norcal's in depth knowledge of metagame goes far beyond most other regions... well maybe not far beyond but we're hella good.

Good **** Norcal.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How accurate / up-to-date are other regions' PR's?

Not that we should feel good about ourselves if theirs aren't recently updated either, just wondering.
Canada doesn't even have a ranking rofl

But our community is a bunch of angry, angsty boys so we can't have nice things.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol at DP going from ranked to off the list
DP was considered inactive, as was PewPewU

from our count, they both went to two [and a half] tournaments (they both actually showed up to a third, but didn't enter melee singles)

DP didn't get an exception because both of his active tournaments were in december, 4 months ago

PewPewU didn't get an exception because he's almost literally never been 'active' before and hasn't shown us any reason to believe that he'll be more 'active' in the future

edit: Tofu was inactive too, but that's less debatable

we also had some criteria for whether a tournament itself would qualify as a tournament that could count towards activity standards; it was something like minimum 3 ranked players in attendance, at least 24 total entrants... but we also agreed to be very liberal on exceptions in this case (in particular counting 'near'-ranked players towards the ranked quota if it's close, or being a bit more lenient in terms of entrants for distantly located tournaments)

if you want to ensure you're 'active' in the future, you'll almost certainly be fine if your tournament(s) include the major bay area ones

Kira-

Smash Champion
Good stuff to Justin and Lucien and Mr. Ganondorf!

I would've thought that Darrell woulda been higher but I don't know any results. and WOW Rey moved down a lot O_o

GJ panelists, nice work

pockyD

Smash Legend
also i think rey should get a falco icon, since it's largely responsible for his new position :laugh:

i don't know if phil needs to get a jiggly icon too

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
My extra-icon standards that I just made up:
Beat a ranked person with that character.
Unanimous agreement of panel or specific request from player in question.
No more than 2 icons per player unless all panelists agree.

By this, if requested, Zac can have a Sheik icon, Rey can (I think) have the Falco, Phil can't have Puff. Lucien could have a Fox also.

joeplicate

Smash Master
My extra-icon standards that I just made up:
Beat a ranked person with that character.
Unanimous agreement of panel or specific request from player in question.
No more than 2 icons per player unless all panelists agree.

By this, if requested, Zac can have a Sheik icon, Rey can (I think) have the Falco, Phil can't have Puff. Lucien could have a Fox also.
that's stupid

give rey falco and phil puff

problem solved

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Nah, the current ones look much nicer plus you don't have to link to someone's imageshack, they are just in the site database.

:jigglypuf

Okay Joe while I'm at it I'll just give myself Zelda and Luigi.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i hit my head against the roof getting in my car after lunch (i'm awesome) and now it's been hurting for 3 hours now

really sucks

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
**** that sucks.mild concussion?hope you turn out alright

ps: who knows?might make you a super genius now though hah

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't think it's a concussion

i don't have a headache or anything

it's merely physical pain

the worst of it right now is that it hurts to chew so i can't eat these m&ms

also, i'm already a super genius; there's nowhere to go but down

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
no one would've ever seen this coming back in the day when dajuan would say things like he wanted to be hokage and make mario top tier

back when he was one of 'those san pablo guys'

ur prity gud dajuan

JusBeatBox.

Smash Rookie
nope. but good **** on your attitude dejuan. lucien and i were speaking on that, it's good mentality to have.

and who is the greater leon? ...i feel like i've never heard your name at a tounrnament...?

Top Bottom