• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NorCal Smash Fest January 2013 [vods up]

jsolo

Smash Cadet
I decided I'm going to host a smash Tournament every month for 2013 :D

GAME:
Smash 64

DATE:
Jan 6th

TIME:
10am-12pm warmups
12pm -Tournament starts

BUY IN:
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 (per team)

WINNINGS DISTRIBUTION:
Singles:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

*Depending on number of people and prize pool, may affect winning distributions*

Doubles:
1st place: 100%

HOST:
jsolo

SPONSOR:
TBA

RULESET:
Double Elimination

All matches are best-of-3, except for the following: Winners Finals and Losers Finals are best-of-5 and Grand Finals are best-of-7.

Game Settings: 5-stock, Handicap OFF, Team Attack ON, Stage Select ON, Damage 100%, Item Switch NONE, All Characters Available.

Stages: First match must be played on Dreamland unless both players mutually agree to play on another stage. Legal stages are Hyrule Castle, Congo Jungle, and Peach's Castle.

Set Procedure: (1) Both players select characters (double blind), (2) players play on Dreamland (or mutually agreed upon stage), (3) first match ends, (4) loser selects stage, (5) winner selects character, (6) loser selects character, (7) next match is played. Repeat steps 4 - 7 until set ends.

Doubles: The rules above for singles apply to doubles as well; however, in addition to the above rules, players may steal stock from their teammates.

OTHER:
Streamed on www.twitch.tv/jsolohd

ATTENDEES:
1)jsolo
2)drich
3)Mushroom
4)Deezy
5)ballin4life
10)blade689+4

jsolo

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'll have it on Jan 6th. Updated the info. Let me know if you are in and bringing anyone

jsolo

Smash Cadet
yeah its still going on, mikeduncan & co. couldnt make it and mikethemike and dr. pancake havent gotten back to me. So it might be the same people as last time. Around 10 or so. I need to get more peoples number so I can schedule things easier.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
is there a better thread to check who plays in the NorCal area? me and a couple buddies play console and were wondering if anyone else in the bay area/sf plays...

duncs

Smash Apprentice
i'm pretty sure my buddy could host an event in the city, would people be willing to come to sf and play some?

Top Bottom