• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Norman, OK - OH SNAP! v4.0 Results

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Copy-pasta of shoutouts since I put these in the old now locked original topic.

Shoutouts and junk: Sorry I couldn't stick around to hang out with you guys afterward as I had to go where my ride goes. The whole event was awesome, though Kansas is very said we did not get to participate in the crew battles as well. We shall have our conglomerated revenge next time.

Fogo-**** you guy!

T-Rex & Mr. 3000- Great games in Teams, close and exciting the way smash should be.

Kaos- Your Sonic is coming along nicely, had fun playing with you.

Hylian-RCMMs are too awesome. We'll have to do it again sometime.

Badnewsbear- Arg we only got in 2 of out Captain Falcon series unfortunately. It's 1-1. The tie shall be split!

Saber and SEI- I was laughing hard during our losers bracket teams, it was hilarious.

Bass- Beast Wario, but I had my revenge in teams, great games.

UTDZach- Your Game and Watch is too good, I couldn't help but learn a thing or two about him XD

Everyone Else I played- As Xyro would put it. You guys are trash! j/k GGs all around and all that crap.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
A few necessary shout-outs:

Dojo = Rich
Roy_R = Tired
Le THieN = B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Melee1 = ****
Foursaken = Amazing... Wtf!?
Sethlon = Sorry for losing to you in brackets. Corneria's load time glitch is REALLY gay. =(
Hylian = Hylian. Random Money Match = Ice Climbers
Santi = Amazing! He throws stuff, watch out! Godly teams partner too, am I right? =)
Fogo = Amazing! Took three MK stocks by himself in a teams match. *hugs*
Ky = Stop beating my dallas friends. =(
T-Rex & 3000 = Love playing against you guys. DK > Snake > G&W ;)
Dallas = 12 out of 48 spots in bracket.... Woooooo!

Good tournament. Only probably was 14 people per pool. 14 takes twice as long as 10. Next time do 10.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
honestly, i had fun hanging out, and crews was good.

but you HAVE to SEED the pools next time

having
Roy
Nynja
Zeaton
Kos-Mos
Kyle
Stealth raptor
Wotts
Dphat
kalo
and myself is NOT a good seed

Kos-Mos didn't even get out of pools and was only put in bracket due to a technicality with the doubles dilemma.

Everything about the tournament was fine (aside from some heckling i got) but if you ever want to do a big tournament like this again you NEED to SEED

kown

Smash Lord
truth^. i think you just got unlucky and ended up with maybe the hardest pool...but seriously everyone had hard pools.

I need pictures man....beef jerkey was too good haha

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
no bear, they weren't

Edit: also did you talk to 3000?

he said his pool was him, hylian, and then a bunch of random people he 2 stocked

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Furbs, they were. Also, I did talk to him. He had Light and Gravity in his pool as well. He beat Light in their pools match, and then Light came back and beat him in their bracket match. The pool were seeded well enough.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
no bear, they weren't

Edit: also did you talk to 3000?

he said his pool was him, hylian, and then a bunch of random people he 2 stocked
Mine was easy. I had Trex, Bwett, and BASS. The rest of the people (no offense) were just that. Point wise we were like:

1) 24
2) 24
3) 21
4) 20
5) 19
6) 16
7) 14
8) 11

No big ties or anything.

I agree the pools could have been more balanced. But you have to expect that at any given tournament, some are going to have it easy and some are going to have it hard...

...that's what she said.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
so what bear? are you trying to say i shouldn't have gotten out of pools?

Hanson said that he just hit generate and trusted that the seed would be fine

also how did Kos-Mos not make it out of the pool?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Hmmm, is that what I said? No. I said that I thought that pools were balanced. Since Hanson hit the generate button, I guess they weren't. However, I walked around in between my matches and watched some of the other pools. While some were harder than others, they were all still relatively hard.

Good job on turning my view point on an issue into a berating of your skill.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
No, you read what you wanted to read, which is strange when the only things I have said about you and your play have been positive. Well, you can think what you want. I am done with this stupid argument.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Hanson stayed up all night the day before the tournament seeding with the help of Hylian and Xyro. The pools were as fair as we can get them, and the majority of the people got through it with the best players advancing out. The skill level distribution isn't nearly as awful as you make it sound, and in every tournament, there are a couple of pools that are always going to be harder.

Besides, what's the point of complaining about having hard pools anyway? Shouldn't the goal be to get good enough so that you get past that and hard brackets? Just seems silly to me to quibble over this since if you can't get out of a difficult pool, you probably won't advance in singles anyway.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
My pool had me, Sethlon, Chuck Nasty and Forsaken in it. In hindsight, I really feel like this was the toughest pool on the merit of those 4 players alone for anyone who isn't a hardcore tournament player. Complaining about the pools is not going to get you anywhere Furbs, and it's honestly making you look like a jack *** to Bear which I definitely don't appreciate because he's been nothing but friendly to everyone around him from what I've seen. Please stop.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Is it even possible to have perfectly even/seeded pools? 14 people, 6 advance, no duh your gonna have a handful of good people in your pool. At least pools were better than they were at HOBO 11. Someone people got gayed hard there. I myself didn't get gayed, but i had a hard pool. Hard pools are just something like having a hard bracket, you just have to deal with it. Luck does play a part in tournaments.

Still can't wait for the videos.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
honestly, i had fun hanging out, and crews was good.

but you HAVE to SEED the pools next time

having
Roy
Nynja
Zeaton
Kos-Mos
Kyle
Stealth raptor
Wotts
Dphat
kalo
and myself is NOT a good seed

Kos-Mos didn't even get out of pools and was only put in bracket due to a technicality with the doubles dilemma.

Everything about the tournament was fine (aside from some heckling i got) but if you ever want to do a big tournament like this again you NEED to SEED
We did seed them. I stayed up all night making pools and seperating texas players from each other in pools. That pool looks fine. Sure, it's hard but it's not anywhere close to a death pool. There is 1 ranked player from texas in it. You kept telling me that there was 5 which I know isn't true because I personally seperated all the texas people, and then Le_Thien did all othe other players. I don't know how Kalo got in there(two from houston) but oh well.

Also, in my pool I think 3 of the people that made it out got top 15. That's not even including 3000 who got 33rd.

I also think infinitys pool was harder then that one.

It's really frustrating after you work on pools and seeding for hours and then people complain. It's never going to be perfect. Get over it. You make it out like there was no effort put into it when Le_thien worked on this for hours.

Chill out.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
That was a great tournament! I really learned a lot about my fox's anti character picks :D

Bwett your Yoshi is getting better and better, and thanks for the new trick! Already added it to my combos and its destroying people already :3

Light- Thanks for the advice when fighting a G&W I'll work on my ground teching as well as DI A bit more :D Be ready for me next time!

Wotts (or Watts) >_< sorry) - your zss has amazing spacing, I could barely get one combo off you! I really can't wait for our next fight. Thanks for the advice as well!

I know theres a lot of people I missed, but I forgot all your names or never got it from you XD, tell me and I'll be sure to give a shout out XD I'll admit for I'm a "noob" for now. (sorry only 2 months of competitive smashing.)

BTW ITS ZETON NOT ZEATON xD

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
well considering that i DID advance in singles (I was put in to replace someone who dropped and then Kos-Mos took my spot) I don't think that's a very good argument lol.

also I was at hansons the night before, and Xyro did NOT stay up all night seeding pools, if the best players advanced out how was it that Kos-Mos didn't advance?

also one of my teachers died of sars, and thanks for heckling me during my match vs wotts

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
well considering that i DID advance in singles (I was put in to replace someone who dropped and then Kos-Mos took my spot) I don't think that's a very good argument lol.

also I was at hansons the night before, and Xyro did NOT stay up all night seeding pools, if the best players advanced out how was it that Kos-Mos didn't advance?

also one of my teachers died of sars, and thanks for heckling me during my match vs wotts
...People get better and this game evolves by the day, and you really shouldn't fret over the fights OR fighters, just get out there and have fun and play your best!

That was my mind focus when I entered, and that's why I managed to get in Top 25 at least :D

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Mine was easy. I had Trex, Bwett, and BASS. The rest of the people (no offense) were just that. Point wise we were like:

1) 24
2) 24
3) 21
4) 20
5) 19
6) 16
7) 14
8) 11

No big ties or anything.

I agree the pools could have been more balanced. But you have to expect that at any given tournament, some are going to have it easy and some are going to have it hard...

...that's what she said.
....You'd think I could garner a tiny bit of respect/acknowledgement once in a while XD

im truly the best samus on earth.
You're still my hero, Xyro =D

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ozz has a great signature

so anyway

shoutouts

Le THieN - thanks for hosting and bein my pool leader! just make pools a little smaller next time, like 8-10 people, and it'll run a lot quicker. sick diddy nice job placing 3rd. thanks for the squirtle compliment.

Pool #4 - ggs with all of you, lots of good players.

Furbs - i enjoyed our tourney match, gotta do some friendlies next time. **** d3cide after squirtle destroyed that first stock lol

Kown - ggs, very close matches. it was a race to see who could dthrow or fsmash first...and you broke out of my grab before i could get it out! also ivysaur vine whip ftw haha. i thought for sure i was dead.

Chuck Nasty - i didn't even get to play your PT. wtf is this bull! two of the best PT's in the region have to play at least a few friendlies sometime. too bad you had to leave early.

random TX people - nice seeing you guys again.

wichita - 11 people in bracket play, gj. now we have to get some more people in that top 20 range. OK and TX better be ready for when we can actually play in a crew battle. :(

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
My pool had me, Sethlon, Chuck Nasty and Forsaken in it. In hindsight, I really feel like this was the toughest pool on the merit of those 4 players alone for anyone who isn't a hardcore tournament player. Complaining about the pools is not going to get you anywhere Furbs, and it's honestly making you look like a jack *** to Bear which I definitely don't appreciate because he's been nothing but friendly to everyone around him from what I've seen. Please stop.
I know I know. I wasn't going expecting to win but I'm still a decent player and I know I should have gotten out of pools, especially sense i have some pretty consistent placings here and at Hobo 11 I placed second in a pool with DSF UTD zak and alpha phoenix, and especially sense i went all that way to oklahoma. also me and bear are cool, we're always cool (i freaking housed the guy for a weekend just to hang out). and i guess you haven't seen much of me either. I just need some cool down venting time

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Because he wasn't one of the best players. Otherwise he would of made it out yeah?

And I DID stay up. Not Xyro.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Hanson said that he just hit generate and trusted that the seed would be fine
This is, in fact, not true. Jordan and I spent the evening previous to the tournament seeding all of the major Texas heavy hitters first, and then Oklahoma and Kansas. At some point, we approached a crossroads where we couldn't have it both ways where players from the same region and skill level wouldn't have to deal with each other until brackets. We sort of anticipated this, given the fact that nearly half of the tournament comprised of out-of-staters, most of them from Texas.

All in all, I understand if you feel like pool was one of the more difficult ones at the tournament, but to throw it back in my face how I didn't seed accordingly to each and every state's respective power rankings was something I found to be a bit on the unnecessarily excessive side. I've spent literally months prepping for my first major tournament endeavor, and I knew many kinks would occur; some of them I could nip in the bud immediately, but many more would have to be dealt with over the course of the next several months in preparation of the next major Oklahoma tournament.

I might consider this to be one of those kinks...except that you've been the only one to file this complaint. So...I'm sorry that you don't have the skill level necessary to capture a little over half of the possible 26 points you needed to advance out of pools.

Anyway, you were in the pool next to mine, and I heard you muttering all sorts of various complaints throughout the afternoon. It makes me sad to hear someone repeatedly acknowledge how turned off by the way things panned out for him or her, especially since my aim was to essentially show everyone a good time.

Shoutouts later.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yeah but you're also the person that seeded the hobo 12 brackets. lol

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Lol this argument reminded me about my shout out for Roy~!

Dude that back flip to a captain knee of justice you did on me after you taunted was epic man!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
actually our pool was 21, 20, 19, 19, 17, and 17. those were who advanced. i tied for 7th with 14. it was a pretty hard pool. but you know if you think you should have advanced you would have been good enough to advance.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is, in fact, not true. Jordan and I spent the evening previous to the tournament seeding all of the major Texas heavy hitters first, and then Oklahoma and Kansas. At some point, we approached a crossroads where we couldn't have it both ways where players from the same region and skill level wouldn't have to deal with each other until brackets. We sort of anticipated this, given the fact that nearly half of the tournament comprised of out-of-staters, most of them from Texas.

All in all, I understand if you feel like pool was one of the more difficult ones at the tournament, but to throw it back in my face how I didn't seed accordingly to each and every state's respective power rankings was something I found to be a bit on the unnecessarily excessive side. I've spent literally months prepping for my first major tournament endeavor, and I knew many kinks would occur; some of them I could nip in the bud immediately, but many more would have to be dealt with over the course of the next several months in preparation of the next major Oklahoma tournament.

I might consider this to be one of those kinks...except that you've been the only one to file this complaint. So...I'm sorry that you don't have the skill level necessary to capture a little over half of the possible 26 points you needed to advance out of pools.

Anyway, you were in the pool next to mine, and I heard you muttering all sorts of various complaints throughout the afternoon. It makes me sad to hear someone repeatedly acknowledge how turned off by the way things panned out for him or her, especially since my aim was to essentially show everyone a good time.

Shoutouts later.

As you can tell, your tournament was a GREAT event.
As you can tell, people will complain.

Im gonna throw you some words of wisdom.

DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THiNK. ITS YOUR EVENT AND THEY CAN ACCEPT THE WAY IT WAS RAN OR THEY CaNT. If you live by these words u will actually start to enjoy seeing people get mad while u sit back and dont give a sh*t.

shout outs soon

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Dude I'm sorry, I just need some cool down time, I'm really disappointed that i didn't do as well as i intended and more than anything I'm disappointed in my performance in this tournament. It's my fault mainly; i picked the wrong time to pick up a new main and i feel that was one of the main issues in my poor performance.

Hanson I'm sorry if it irritated you but i was under the impression from what you said at the tournament that you just hit the generate button and that was it, i didn't know you stayed up all night seeding a pool

Top Bottom