• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North AL Presents: FAP! - Huntsville, AL. July 24-25 NOW WITH BRAWL+

j00t

Smash Champion
Anyone in Huntsville want to play melee before this tournament? We've definitely got some time before July 25 to play.
You do know that we've had a Melee group gathering every Thursday in Huntsville since... 2005 I think?

:p

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'd assume any melee gathering is open to anyone interested in playing or learning melee

cuz melee dudes are cool like that :D

Zone

Smash Champion
What do you mean?
He means man, if you randomly took a vacation in Panama City Beach, And You randomly showed up at my house unnannounced at a Melee Gathering saying "Hey guys I'm here for Melee"

Us melee guys would be like this

"Come on in man, NEEDS MOAR MELEE"

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...we should advertise this to people outside of the atl south <_<

just see who's interested :O

maybe I should make a hype vid lol

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm winning this tournament.

Chad's going down.
Jack's going down.
PP I don't know your real name and I've never played you before, but you're going down.
Andy...psh, no question.

Imma **** this tournament so hard it will walk funny for the next 5 years.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh except I will be there

and you will never beat me mwahahaa

p.s. I'm glad you're coming :p

j00t

Smash Champion
also there will be Brawl+ at this (run by KOKingpin), I guess I should update the first post with info on that :p

j00t

Smash Champion
alright sounds good KO, would it be possible to use your laptop for livestream for Melee singles as well (if we don't find another suitable laptop)?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
alright sounds good KO, would it be possible to use your laptop for livestream for Melee singles as well (if we don't find another suitable laptop)?
um ill say this. If no one brings a setup for melee live stream then FOR SHAME! but yeah you can use it for live stream. Melee is the main attraction for this tourney anyway.

edit- You should make a post for this on the Tournament Listings too Joot. Im gonna try to promote this as well.

j00t

Smash Champion
alright thanks

Are you planning on running doubles along with singles? I don't want people to get too distracted from the main event, and if we have a two-day Brawl+ event then I think it would conflict too much with the Melee event.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
alright thanks

Are you planning on running doubles along with singles? I don't want people to get too distracted from the main event, and if we have a two-day Brawl+ event then I think it would conflict too much with the Melee event.
yeah. I wanna do both. B+ should go Much faster than melee because it Should be much smaller. I'd be able to do B+ at my monthly much faster if I didnt **** around so much.

j00t

Smash Champion
Alright, I just didn't want people running back and forth from melee to brawl+ and brawl+ to melee and stuff.

Also, what about pricing? $15 singles $20 doubles?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Alright, I just didn't want people running back and forth from melee to brawl+ and brawl+ to melee and stuff.

Also, what about pricing? $15 singles $20 doubles?
Id say 10 singles and 20 doubles (10 per person)

you could probably just copy my rule set if you wanted

*Cam*

Smash Lord
JWT, I don't want to invite myself or anything, but are you guys going to be playing melee on Thursday? I really want to get better. I understand if y'all don't want me there though.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
ah sweet, a sticky. This needs more hype, invites, and pre-tournies.

Well, they definitely won't deny you unless smash isn't happening at all.

j00t

Smash Champion
JWT, I don't want to invite myself or anything, but are you guys going to be playing melee on Thursday? I really want to get better. I understand if y'all don't want me there though.
Like I said, you do not need an invite to come play melee :p

We'll see you on Thursday

j00t

Smash Champion
thanks for the sticky Grand Duke Michael of Asturias III

Cam, just get on 72 and drive towards huntsville until you find Wynn Drive (There's a Chick-fil-a to your right and a car dealership to your left when you get to Wynn). Turn left onto Wynn and there will be an apartment complex to your right called Ashford Terrace. We are apartment #260 in that complex.

People usually start showing up at around 6 p.m., and we go to Mellow Mushroom every Thursday at around 8 p.m.

Top Bottom