• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

North AL Presents: FAP! - Huntsville, AL. July 24-25 NOW WITH BRAWL+

j00t

Smash Champion
so this tournament is gonna be tipped off size? i hope nc goes/wherever i am for the summer
I want it to be. I want atleast 60 for singles... I think that's a decent size for a first tournament. I think TO5 had 80+ people. If we could get that many then it would be amazing :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You've got till summer!

I'm going to be playing CPUs until I get some tech skill in and I'll most likely be using Jigglypuff and Marth.

Nexas

Smash Rookie
Fap? definitely :)
2 day melee tournament sounds like fun. sign me up

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Please make this brawl...

Both communities are just as big. Expect one is better than the other.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Good luck getting j00t to but any brawl at this tourny.
One is better? lol You must be referring to melee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Serin the odds are highly unlikely. Although it would be amazing if it did have Brawl.

;-; AL needs a big brawl tournament.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
More people would come, I'm pretty sure, but he wouldn't be able to devote two days to Melee.

Serin, just respect his wishes, dude. I don't want anybody telling me to add Melee to a Brawl tournament, after all. (Even though I would probably add it regardless...) <.<

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Please make this brawl...

Both communities are just as big. Expect one is better than the other.
Make your own Brawl tourney. It's a lot of work running a tourney, so don't expect someone willing to put their own time, money and effort in to bend to your whims.

j00t

Smash Champion
I will not add Brawl to the roster. I don't like the game and I don't want to host a tournament for a game that I do not like.

I really need to update the first posts... but Dragon Age is soooo gooooooooooood. >_>;

j00t

Smash Champion
I will not add Brawl to the roster. I don't like the game and I don't want to host a tournament for a game that I do not like.

I really need to update the first posts... but Dragon Age is soooo gooooooooooood. >_>;
tl;dr -- **** Brawl >:3

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
There needs to be a grass roots movement to come up with a universal text based notation for sarcasm... like... italics, but that's been done before.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Make your own Brawl tourney. It's a lot of work running a tourney, so don't expect someone willing to put their own time, money and effort in to bend to your whims.
Pretty much this.

You wouldn't go to a SFIV tourney and ask them to run brawl there, this isn't really any different.

Joot I don't know if I can make this, I will definitely try as hard as I can but I might not even be in the country...I guess I'll let you know as we get closer

If I can go to this, though, I will help in any way you need help. Running pools, managing brackets, policing friendlies, managing food, etc.

j00t

Smash Champion
Thanks for the potential help, Winnar. :)

mslano and Chad, I've already asked Andy this but I haven't heard a response from him yet. Would you two be willing to house OOSers in your apartment? I'm gonna try to offer housing as well but I only have enough bed/couch space for 3-5 people. Other than us I don't know who would offer housing.

Maybe coach and palmer could offer some space in that nifty basement of theirs...

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I forgot to check the thread, sorry.

@JWT - That's cool, just wondering if there would be a slight chance. You plan on putting this in Tournament Listings?

j00t

Smash Champion
Brawl- is bad.

Brawl+ is okay, we could possibly hold a small side tourney for it.

Top Bottom