• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

not sure if any has noticed this

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
I hope he's in the middle/lower tier, then you won't have a massive amount of posers maining Diddy simply because he's upper tier.

intOx

Smash Cadet
i guess... imo it all depends on how you use a character. i think diddy is one of the most well rounded characters in smash. for example i've beat all of the better players i know with yoshi. they made fun of me for choosing yoshi when i first played with them and i lost for the first rounds of melee's and after i figured out how they played i could compete. i think they were kind of surprised since they were using sheik/falco/fox/gannondorf/etc., all the stronger characters. they didn't expect a decent yoshi to emerge. diddy on the other hand is on a different level than any other character in this game to me so far. i've played most the characters in brawl to figure out how their game is and i think diddy has the best to offer out of the bunch in many ways. his tilts are awesome and his airs are reallly good as well. his smashes are relatively average in terms of knock back but again, his airs are just ridiculously effective. i don't know this is just my opinion... i've been playing smash since it came out (i was living in japan at the time it was released so i got my 64 and smash before all you americans :p) so i have quite a bit of experience. again, though, it all depends on how you play the character. any character can be just as good as one another depending on the player....

Czech

Smash Cadet
IMO DIddy will be low high tier or top mid, Some characters just show better techs such as TL and dedede.

C~SLY

Smash Rookie
Diddy is not well rounded
He is imbalanced in my opinion

I play olimar mostly then pit/ zerosuit/ ike

And my friend is diddy and he just pwns the crap outa me and my other friend and he dosent evn have a wii

diddy has great recovery
He recovers quickly after he gets hit
He is fast
His combos come out quickly his bananas are freaking imbalanced as hell haha
He is good in the air
He is good on the floor
his side b is is great offense and defense
If he gets close its pretty much gg

I can go on about this
but I don't think thers a character more imbalanced for diddy

Please tell me if I'm rong but I don't know a counterpick to diddy

I thought pit might be
But I just get owned

Pits down b is good against diddy but that isn't enough lol

I don't want to play diddy caz I want to play characters that I think would be fun and own
And a challenging char

But if u disagree then plz share caz it would be nice to know c=
So tell me if u agree or not

=sly

C~SLY

Smash Rookie
Sorry double post C=

(Ps diddy is really too good in my opinion xD)

Hestix

Smash Cadet
On every list I've seen Diddy is praised as being very good based on his speed and short recovery times. I have not personally seen a strong Diddy player myself, but I will be surprised in no way if he soars to the top as far as character strength.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
as a diddy player its my opinion that he we want him to be placed as high as possible when the tier list comes out.
then lots of people will use him and the more people= the more metagame developed making him better and better as a char.
he cant compete with the marths and toon links cuz of his lack of killing moves but he is def one of the better characters

Ghoom

Smash Cadet
I don't think I agree with diddys lack of killing moves. His smashes somewhat lack in killing power yes. But the godly d-air. Spike them early and spike them dead with diddy. I've never had any trouble spiking any char. They all fall to the d-air. Sometimes it takes two, but they fall. XD

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
spiking off the edge is risky. hitting someone with a marth f smash isnt. good players are going to save their second jump and your not going to be able to get the spike off

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
diddy is easily one of the best characters.
his only, and i mean only problem is his lack of kill moves. he's got everything else. including the ability to INVOKE tripping, which is the bane of everyone's existence for this game

AzureDrag0n1

Smash Rookie
He has moves with 0 lag. He probably has the best dash attack in the game. Banana is one of the better projectiles in the game. However I do not think he is a good as Olimar who has the best smashes in the game.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Diddy is underrated at current, few people seem to be using him in tournaments. That said, once people do start using him, they will realize he is probably one of the top 8 characters in the game. At the recent tournament I went to, I took two people to the third game and both player had purchased Japanese Wii's just to get good fast/get that extra month of playing. I could almost beat someone with a month and a half of practice over my two weeks (well, 1 week without Banana's, then 1 week with bananas against Chu/Azen/Chillin).

Diddy can't kill quickly and that is his biggest problem. The spikes are great, but hard to land against good players.

WhiteCarnation

Smash Cadet
I think Diddy can kill pretty easy

Side smash, down smash, and forward air are very good at KOing people and getting them juggled up above the stage is something I have done frequently

Then add in the spike and his great recovery so you can chase very easily

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
its better for diddy users if he isnt top tier since more people will use him.also you dont have to wait for other people to develop a good meta game

Top Bottom