• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nothing To Lose - SSB64 Tournament - Saturday Sep 24, 2011 - Tempe, Arizona

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Nothing to Lose! Pebble Beach Super Smash Bros 64 Tournament!
This is a FREE ENTRY tournament.
B-Rex and I were discussing possible monthly Smash 64 tournaments. This will be the first of many tournaments to come.

Date:
Saturday, September 24, 2011

Time:
1:00 PM (13:00) - ?:??PM

Tempe, AZ 85282

Crossroads: Just south of Southern and Mill Ave.

Smash 64 Rules and Regulations:

General Rules:

-Bring your own controller! If you don't have one we can provide a well worn controller.
-Don't be late. We want to finish this as soon as possible.
-Drinks need to have a screw on cap.
-Semi finals, finals, and grand finals will be recorded and uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/dookdigity
-Don't end matches early.
-No pausing. If your controller is acting wonky tell your opponent prior to fixing it.

Singles:
-Double Elimination (winner's/loser's bracket)
-5 stock
-No Time Limit
-No Items

-Banned Stages: Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, and Yoshi's Clouds.
-1st round characters are chosen by a Blind Pick. First stage is Hyrule Castle, Dream Land or Congo Jungle.
-2nd/3rd round begin with the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picks their character first, and then the previous loser picks their character.

-Bracket Matches are Best of 3.
-Winner's/Loser's Semi Finals are best of 5.
-Winner's/Loser's Finals are best of 5.
-Grand Finals are best of 7.

Doubles:
-Same rules and stages apply from Singles
-Team Attack ON
-Stock Sharing IS allowed

Setups:

Televisions
1. B-Rex
2. B-Rex
3. dookdigity
4. dookdigity

Nintendo 64 with cords and a copy of Smash:
1. B-Rex
2. B-Rex
3. dookdigity
4. dookdigity

Recording setup:
1. dookdigity

Possible side events:
HERO - a 3 vs 1 game. Three people are on a team with handicaps of 1, and the opponent (hero) has a handicap of 9. Team attack on. Stage is Dreamland.
Random Teams tournament
Dr Mario 64 tournament (2 girls are begging me to do it)
Pokemon Puzzle League

dandan

Smash Lord
yoshi's stage is probably the most broken stage in the game (apart maybe from mushroom kingdom), and should really never be played, i would suggest trying to go nearer the BR recommended ruleset (self promotion) but i guess you can stick with hyrule first (though it gives a huge help to fox players as they are bound to be able to play on hyrule at least twice in a bo3 set).

Olikus

Smash Champion
well with hyrule as only neutral and yoshis clouds avaible, I guess Arizona is the place to go camping!

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Right. I made this quick yesterday and took a format from my first brawl tournament that featured a 64 side tourney.

Will revise. Thanks.

Edit:

Fixed, thanks for the pointers.
Moved a day earlier to Saturday.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Time for THEREALCOLTMASTER to show, once again, his utter superiority to every other smasher on the planet.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
He hasn't contacted me if he is coming yet. Hopefully he comes along with his brother and cousin. They are fun to play against.

joY

Pot splitter
Eesh so very far..

I'll try to see if I can make it out; it is the first week of school for me after all.

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Haha Bcow, colt's tight. And Nate, Maybe IL just needs some more smashers is all...

Battlecow

Play to Win
Firo, me, Fynal, Miyagi, Knitephox, Zhinshin

Our smash scene kicks the **** out of yours. JUST SAYIN'.

No but colt, I'm the opposite of too serious. I just can't get over how funny your genesis posts were, so I can't stop joking about them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think it's hilariously ironic ColtMaster responded to a joke post with "You take these forums too seriously."

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace

No but colt, I'm the opposite of too serious. I just can't get over how funny your genesis posts were, so I can't stop joking about them.
yeah man. i was really looking forward to some new controllers...

The Star King

Smash Hero
Neither are serious.

Yeah, he's kind of mocking you, but TBH you should expect that after some of the silly things you said.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Buddy said you guys might not make it. Is this true? I want you guys there! You don't even need to bring your television, just a 64 and smash.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You choose to be a fan I choose to be a competater. I think it's silly to be happy to be a peon in a competitive community. But that's the difference between you and I.

:phone:
Wrong, actually. The difference between you and Star King is that Star King is a great player who has an accurate (well... perhaps slightly generous) view of his own skill, while you're a scrub with delusions of grandeur.

Sorry to get all serious, but saying "If you don't think you're the best in the world, you're a peon" is pretty goddam stupid, especially when you refuse to "compete" with anyone.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You choose to be a fan I choose to be a competater. I think it's silly to be happy to be a peon in a competitive community. But that's the difference between you and I.

1. I'm not a fan.
2. I'm a competitor. And I have a feeling I'm more of a competitor than you'll ever be.

You make it sound like you know me in this post, but it's clear that you know nothing at all if you think I'm not trying to be the best smasher that I can be. And how are you a competitor? Saying that Isai claiming he's the best (which he never did) is arrogant because he never played some random kid nobody's ever heard of - is that what makes you a "competitor"? Sorry, I wasn't aware being irrational is a requirement for being a competitor, and that everybody else is a "peon". Thanks for the heads-up.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master

Tickles is from your region too. MAYBE you know him?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't! He's from Chicago? I've played him online.

But he might actually get beaten by one or two of these Arizonians, so IDK if I'll include him.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
1. I'm not a fan.
2. I'm a competitor. And I have a feeling I'm more of a competitor than you'll ever be.

You make it sound like you know me in this post, but it's clear that you know nothing at all if you think I'm not trying to be the best smasher that I can be. And how are you a competitor? Saying that Isai claiming he's the best (which he never did) is arrogant because he never played some random kid nobody's ever heard of - is that what makes you a "competitor"? Sorry, I wasn't aware being irrational is a requirement for being a competitor, and that everybody else is a "peon". Thanks for the heads-up.
It is very clear that Battlecow and yourself spend alot of time on this forum. Truth is that it is pointless to go on about your own personal opinion of yourself or accomplishments. Despite what was said in the past the truth is, if I ever play you and you beat me then you can let me hear it. Since that has not happened, let's leave this back and forth drama fest for children. If you would like to continue then all you are showing me is immaturity.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You make stupid statements, and then say it's pointless to talk about it and immature to "go on" about it when all somebody does is point out your stupidity.

OK buddy.

Olikus

Smash Champion
You make stupid statements, and then say it's pointless to talk about it and immature to "go on" about it when all somebody does is point out your stupidity.

OK buddy.
Colt still has a point though. Calling his statments stupid isnt mature discussion :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
He really doesn't have a point. He says stupid things, we say they're stupid, he says "Stop guyz this is immature"

Battlecow

Play to Win
>__>

His points are stupid, though. If we follow your logic, any criticism of anyone that has ever been made is immature.

Olikus

Smash Champion
>__>

His points are stupid, though. If we follow your logic, any criticism of anyone that has ever been made is immature.
No cus disagree and critisise isnt the same as calling opinions for stupid. Ofc you can call it stupid if you think so, but then you cant be suprised when he calls you immature.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I would agree that there's no problem with calling that immature, Olikus, if we did nothing but call it stupid. But we did "disagree and criticize", as well.

This is besides the point, anyhow.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I would agree that there's no problem with calling that immature, Olikus, if we did nothing but call it stupid. But we did "disagree and criticize", as well.

This is besides the point, anyhow.
Well I just wanted to point it out. Im on your side of the discussion btw. No matter if its smash, other videogames, sports or w/e. When an unknown person claims to have a realistic change on beating the best its allmost never correct.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
I bet you guys are really good at ssb64. if you where not then there is no way you would be apart of this,

I want you to understand that i never intended on offending anyone in the other thread. I just so happen to be good at ssb64 and would like to challange isai one day. I am not saying i will beat him. I just have a competitive spirit.

When you think about it. I am the kind of person who helps to keep the ssb64 scene alive... I love the game and appreciate everyone who is as passionate about it as i am. Isai is king... no doubt. but instead of flaming the challengers, why not welcome them. ;)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and laud you for your competitive spirit. Ease up on the "peon" thing and the "Unimpressed by Isai" thing though.

joY

Pot splitter
Is there a list or count of attendees for this? It's quite a drive for me and I want to know if it's worth while.

Top Bottom