• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noticed some Weird things about Coin Shooter

Raziken

Smash Cadet
Sup Boards,
Was playing rround with my copy of Brawl today, trying to get all those trophies (255 in total and not even complete @_@) When I took it into the coin shooter to get rid of my 9999 coin stash.

First off, it seems a minor HP is set to the trophies.
-Common trophies take between 1~3 hits to get
-Rare trophies often take 2~6 Hits (depending if you got it already or not)
-Special Rare trophies appear once per rotation (explained below) and take 6~8 hits to acquire.

Secondly, Angle comes into play around here. Angling coins and hitting trophies often allows for the coins to increase power (Where as 1 Coin = 1 Attack point, and angling allows for a +1.5 increase, in some cases +2)

and third most, the computer seems to send out RIDICULOUS amounts of Blockers and Missiles to block you from getting rares (Upwards of 7-10)

Its a fun game all in all, but after you reach the 99 point in stickers and trophies, it stops keeping count, but allows you to pause and see what you've collected.

I dunno, just some things I thought were weird.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
It looked pretty fun to me, I look forward to it. From what you said it sounds like it actually takes some skill, that makes it sound even better to me.

Raziken

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, its pretty much a nice challenging diversion from the game.
I found myself curseing the game and almost breaking a few controllers because I couldn't get that last hit on a trophy.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
So you get stickers from it as well? I guess stickers are easier to get than trophies (less shots each?)

Raziken

Smash Cadet
So you get stickers from it as well? I guess stickers are easier to get than trophies (less shots each?)
Actually, Stickers are almost more of a challenge. The "Ship" things you shoot, you have to shoot them in a combo. (I.E. they appear on screen, shoot them all, get a sticker).

Does it have any replay value after you collect all the trophies, i.e. is it a good distraction on its own?

EDIT: nvm. Read above post.
YES! its awsome man. I found myself playing it more than the game :p

Edit: I forgot to state that for each successful combo you pull off, you fill up a little bar down in the left hand corner. once its full, A Rare, 2 Common and sometimes a Special trophy appear. also the rate you shoot coins increases. Nice little bonus.

Darkslash

Smash Master
better than the lottery in Melee :laugh:

Melee
Ohh im just gonna put my hard earned coins and use no skill what so ever to get a rare trophy:psycho:

Brawl

OMG I MUST USE MY COINS WISELY AND GET STICKERS AND TROPHIES!!!!!!!!

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
better than the lottery in Melee :laugh:

Melee
Ohh im just gonna put my hard earned coins and use no skill what so ever to get a rare trophy:psycho:

Brawl

OMG I MUST USE MY COINS WISELY AND GET STICKERS AND TROPHIES!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah the lottery was all luck. This actually takes some skill.

Pretty cool. :)

Raziken

Smash Cadet
That's really cool

Are Stickers classified as Normal, Rare, etc. ?

In some cases, yes.

The faster ones that move in a snake like formation allow you to get some pretty decent sticker grabs.

Also, Fr0st2k,
Thanks for the spelling heads up, I've edited my post accordingly ^_^

Raziken

Smash Cadet
I remember the DOJO update in which he said the bigger the sticker, the better. Is that how Sticker Rarity works?
Not typically,
I've had some rather small stickers be rare (I.E. Mew)
but bigger stickers do come by less often in the coin shooter.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
One more thing to add:
(what I figured out)
HOLD A for a while, and the coin will be shot with much more speed.

This can get the coin pass the wormholes.

Raziken

Smash Cadet
One more thing to add:
(what I figured out)
HOLD A for a while, and the coin will be shot with much more speed.

This can get the coin pass the wormholes.

Nice, I forgot about that.
Also if you bounce a coin just right it'll stay on field and other objects that pass by it get hit with +1 attack.

pirkid

Smash Lord
Nice, I forgot about that.
Also if you bounce a coin just right it'll stay on field and other objects that pass by it get hit with +1 attack.
Does the coin have unlimited bounces?

(Sorry for all the questions, I'm pretty darn well excited about this.)

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by Angling Coins ? I missed a few rare trophies and that could be useful.

By the way, how do you know a sticker is rare ? Is there something to do with the color of the border ?

Oh by the way, you can use the C-Stick to move the camera ^^

Raziken

Smash Cadet
What do you mean by Angling Coins ? I missed a few rare trophies and that could be useful.

By the way, how do you know a sticker is rare ? Is there something to do with the color of the border ?

Oh by the way, you can use the C-Stick to move the camera ^^
You can angle a coin by aiming it towards the target and either allowing it to bounce off an obstical or hit the target (in this case, the trophy) with the side of the coin, allowing for a multiple hit. The coin will brush up against the trophy, (Hit 1), and then immediately spin, allowing for a secondary hit. It takes some practice, and is a pain to do, but once you get going you can get some pretty nice stuff.

You can't really tell if a sticker is rare in game, but more so how often it comes up in actual gameplay. Like I get Celebi stickers left and right, so its fairly common. While as I got ahold of a Xananab the other day for the first time ever, so its rare-er.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
I know CDs are crazy rare, but how easy it is to get coins? I always found it difficult in Melee if you didn't have LONG fights against your friends.

Raziken

Smash Cadet
I know CDs are crazy rare, but how easy it is to get coins? I always found it difficult in Melee if you didn't have LONG fights against your friends.

Getting Coins is very easy.

-Complete Stages In SSE
-Complete Classic Mode
-Complete All Star Mode
-Complete Boss Rush
-Play the Credits Mini Game
-Obtain a 10+ Combo in Coin shooter. (Awards 50~10 Coins)

Top Bottom