• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Bones0

Smash Legend
well... guess ill try and make it tomorrow first time going out and trying to learn how to play this game competitively... probably be a good learning experience ill see ya tomorrow
You'll have a good time. Even if you get destroyed, you will get loads better. Just don't be shy about calling next (try to avoid the really good players though), and ask for advice.

As for you Epsilon, our Money Match of Epicness will have to be postponed until a later day.

*coughsomeoneinmdvashouldholdanewyearsevetourneycough*

Sorry about that, I have a cold. :awesome:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Neither will I.

Guess team ChivalJin won't be taking your moneys this time, guys.

Have we ever taken anybody's moneys? I don't think so. But that's beside the point.

2v2

Winners Bracket

Chillin :fox: & Chu :popo: vs Thumbs :falcon: & CK :fox:

Thumbs :falcon: & CK :fox: vs Winston :luigi2: & Wenbo :fox:

Losers Bracket

Wenz (Epic) & CTL (Fail) & Thumbs (SS) & CK (CK)
{ALL :falcon:}

Semi Finals

Losers Semis

Wenbo :luigi2: & Winston :falcon: vs Thumbs :falcon: & CK :fox:

Finals

Losers Finals

Eggm (Y0ZY) :fox: & Cactuar :fox: vs Wenbo :fox: & Winston :luigi2:

Grand Finals 1

Chillin :fox: & Chu :popo: vs Eggm (Y0ZY) :fox: & Cactuar :fox:

Grand Finals 2

Chillin :fox: & Chu :popo: vs Eggm (Y0ZY) :fox: & Cactuar :fox:

1v1

Winners Bracket

Cactuar (white) :marth: vs Shinku (black) :marth:

Eggm :fox: vs ScrapMettle :marth:

Mahone :jigglypuff: vs Eggm :fox:

Thumbswayup :falcon: vs Chillindude :fox:

Semi Finals

Winners Semis

Cactuar :marth: vs Chillindude :sheik:

Finals

Winners Finals

ChuDat :popo: vs Cactuar :marth:

Loserss Finals

Cactuar and Eggm agreed to let Eggm advance to grand finals

Grand Finals 1

Eggm :fox: vs ChuDat :popo:

Grand Finals 2

Eggm :fox: vs ChuDat :popo:

Money Match

UsurperKingZant :peach: vs Wenz :drmario: $20

Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant?feature=mhum#g/c/5E8629F69BA44E33

[collapse="Results"]
2v2
1. Chillin & Chu
2. Eggm & Cactuar

1v1
1. ChuDat :popo:
2. Eggm :fox:
3. Cactuar :marth:
4. Chillindude :fox:
5. Shinku :marth:
5. Mahone :jigglypuff:
7. Thumbswayup :falcon:
[/collapse]

Bones0

Smash Legend
*sits down to watch some awesome vids cause I couldn't go*

*sees RC in the first video's thumbnail*

WTF IS THIS ****?!?! /stagerage

Plank, can I please record the main setup for Melee or Brawl at Pound 5 please? I'm easily the best guy for the job

And Sypher, Some think there's lag on your main setup. Mind if that tv gets replaced? Also, GameCube quality is crap compared to wii quality. I don't want to record off your GameCube anymore

And to everyone else, NO FRIENDLIES on the main setup until the tournament's done

hot$

Smash Ace
Plank, can I please record the main setup for Melee or Brawl at Pound 5 please? I'm easily the best guy for the job

And Sypher, Some think there's lag on your main setup. Mind if that tv gets replaced? Also, GameCube quality is crap compared to wii quality. I don't want to record off your GameCube anymore

And to everyone else, NO FRIENDLIES on the main setup until the tournament's done
bossy....
O.o

Bones0

Smash Legend

lol Sypher just posted on GameFAQs about how he got rid of all the lag with component cables (although maybe he was talking about other setups). Strange cause he's technical enough that he should be able to tell when a TV is lagging. Nothing makes me rage more than hearing people say there's no lag when I can tell there is. >_>

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Good stuff Cactuar should have rocked tag entire time my spirit obviously gives you amazing powers. Dobs Marth too good seriously watch video where u actually rock tag.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i tried to watch the matches, but the quality is so disgustingly awful i couldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but seriously, why are people complaining, it looks fine....

also, im really surprised that people claim that the main tv has lag, usually i can't do upthrow rest if there is any lag at all and sypher is really good at checking for lag sooo idk about that one

i tried to watch the matches, but the quality is so disgustingly awful i couldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but seriously, why are people complaining, it looks fine....
I'm the only one here complaining. And I'm a perfectionist

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
lol Sypher just posted on GameFAQs about how he got rid of all the lag with component cables (although maybe he was talking about other setups). Strange cause he's technical enough that he should be able to tell when a TV is lagging. Nothing makes me rage more than hearing people say there's no lag when I can tell there is. >_>
electricity > how you "feel"

Nothing makes me rage more than people who convince themselves a TV is lagging because of the display or colorspace.

[COLLAPSE=GameFAQs Posts]
SypherPhoenix said:
if it's running on 720p component cables will solve any lag problems, assuming the TV isn't ****. one thing you have to watch out for is post-processing filters that are applied to make the game look "better"

they usually just make things look worse and create a ****load of lag. a 720p TV with one or two filters would probably create lag with component cables. i believe the majority of tvs usually have options to turn stuff like that off, though.

SleepyK said:
i thought melee progressive scan only output @ 480p max?

SypherPhoenix said:
It does, but 720p = 720x480 which is pretty close to 640x480. It's hard to find an HDTV that isn't widescreen, though a lot of them have settings to display a 4x3 ratio from auxiliary inputs.

720x480 and 640x480 are typically sizes that only differ in the pixel size, at least when you're talking about TV signals. 640x480 uses square pixels to display an image, and 720 uses slightly horizontally stretched ones. Going from 640 to 720 isn't considered upscaling simply because all pixels have the exact same data in the exact same order, and shouldn't take much (if any) work from the TV. Upscaling and deinterlacing are both killers when it comes to creating lag because they both require rearrangement of the signal data.

The main problem with 720p is that the game will look stretched in comparison to how it was designed to be displayed. 720p pixels take up more physical space than 640x480 pixels so the game has a tendency to look like it was awkwardly forced into widescreen (which I guess it was). That effect can **** with some people's perception of the game and mess with their spacing etc. -- though that doesn't really happen to me. The vast majority of 720p TVs have the option to use square pixels and it's usually safer to do that if you're playing with a bunch of people.
[/COLLAPSE]

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord

I can mathematically prove that there is no lag on my main TV, or any of the TVs I have downstairs for that matter. I'm not buying a TV or swapping out a TV or rewiring a TV because of someone's ill-perceived opinion on an objective matter.

Roger, I don't know why you think you have the authority to make desicions concerning etiquette in my household, but the simple fact is that you do not. It is my decision as to whether friendlies can be played there during the tournament, not yours.

Have fun not recording on the main TV. My GameCube is staying there.

Cactuar also thinks there's lag, but ephoenix told me Cactuar said that. I never felt any lag.

Your GameCube is not staying there

Top Bottom