• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
"Official" starting time is 1:00 PM, though you're right, it never does happen. Perhaps it's because I've always been too lenient about time and the local community is starting to think that it's okay to show up two hours late to my tournaments, or maybe it's because smashers suck at planning ahead.

While I'd like to get started by 1:00, I simply can't bring myself to disclude people from participating in the tournament. I'm split; I feel like I'm too tolerant of tardiness, but at the same time I don't believe people should be turned away from such a frivolous tournament.

i think you should be a bit more strict.... i mean honestly come on 1:00 is not early, lol. people are late because they dont care and think its okay to be way late.....because it is okay to be way late! but of course i would think that.

were you planning on doing doubles again first this time or what btw

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Winston and I won't be making it this time unfortunately :(
Unless Vist makes a surprise appearance and drives us down ....

Actually now I have no idea what's going on haha

CTL17

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Lemme know how everything went down!
Well I went, so there goes a chance of meeting, heh.

Good games, everyone. Second time I played singles in a tourney. It has also come to my attention that I did not play my main at all during singles.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You need more Chival experience before you can expect to beat Chu.

Maybe you should camp me less in friendlies so you'd actually know how to fight ICs when they, you know, start rushing you down. :glare:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
But that's how Shiek can have a chance at beating IC's. Just be gay and camp with bair and needles.

IDK I suck and play Peach.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
But that's how Shiek can have a chance at beating IC's. Just be gay and camp with bair and needles.
True, but if the Sheik lacks experience in how deal with ICs setups, she'll get ***** once they get in.

So I'm just saying that if he wants to improve in that department, he should camp less in friendlies.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Danget!! XD I missed my chance to meet both ChivalRuse and CTL17! XP I wish I coulda attended this one :p I was in a district contest for music and sports XD At least I made it to regionals lol :p Anyways, lemme know when the next one is and I might be able to go :)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Okay, Clyde.

@ Kyler: Well, at least you have a good excuse for not being there. ;)

I'm sure I'll see you around sometime in the very near future.

Mahone

Smash Champion
You should host a tourney on the 12th sypher... vt will come, you'll get to hang out with great friends like Krnred255 and Mahonerboner

(of course if shell shocked happens then disregard this)

Top Bottom