• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
EVERYBODY!
IMPORTANT NOTES!
READ THIS!

DO NOT bring items such as GameCubes, TVs, and chairs into my house unless I ask you to! There is going to be way too much **** at this venue! Refrain from bringing excessive personal belongings inside! You should still bring setups if you can though, I just need to figure out how to position things before people haul them inside!

DO NOT park your car in residential spaces! You must find a spot in Cambridge Court that has no numbers on the curb (usually on the side opposite of houses) or park along Ranger Road!

DO NOT arrive late! Tournament registration will start at 1:00 PM sharp! If you are not there, you will not be given the opportunity to enter doubles!

DO NOT wait for a setup that is being recorded! If I see anybody waiting, I will harass you terribly! If you repeat the offense I will disqualify you! Only Grand Finals will be allowed to wait on the recorded TV!

DO NOT play MMs during the tournament! I will not hesitate to burn your face off and take your money!

DO NOT play matches in the bracket that you have not been called for! This can significantly delay the tournament!

DO be respectful of the fact that this is a residential establishment and that people live in adjacent houses! Excessive noisiness will not be tolerated and I WILL kick you out if you do not comply!

DO report set victors immediately! You can play friendlies later!

DO be aware that this is not a typical biweekly! I will not hesitate to strictly enforce rules! I am not going to be nice at this tournament!

---

Tournament schedule is looking like this:

Arrival time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Doubles registration: 1:00 PM

After doubles ends, there will be a 30 to 45 minute food break, and then singles registration will start.

Remember, doubles is $20 per team and singles is $10 per person!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
1: ChuDat
2: Chillindude829
3: Redd
4: g-regulate
5: Mahone
5: Vist
7: Bones0
7: Voodoo
9: Poehlcat
9: Azen Zagenite
9: ChaosKnight
9: Cyrain
13: Juan
13: Wenbo
13: Big Black Diⅽk Master
13: dkuo
17: The Crimson Blur
17: SypherPhoenix
17: SavEdge
17: Milkman
17: thumbswayupmybutthole
17: krnred225
17: JCaesar
17: ScrapMettle
25: hot$
25: Afro Bandit
25: cmart
25: DJ
25: BigWenz
25: Klunky Monkey

1: Groom Blue (Chillindude829 + Azen Zagenite)
2: Uh, no. Fuⅽk team names. (Redd + ChuDat)
3: 90 Fuⅽk Point Αss (Cyrain + Savedge)
4: Running Kings (Kermit the Frog + ChaosKnight)
5: Harriet S. Plinkett's Big Black Diⅽk (Vist + Laijin)
5: Blue Storm (Wenbo + Winston)
7: Milk My Poehl (PoehlCat + Milkman)
7: Darfur Dash Dance (Voodoo + ScrapMettle)
9: Big Horse (BigWenz + Thunderhorse)
9: Bitⅽhes Love Us (JCaesar + cmart)
9: Lazy Shell (Sypher + krnred225)
9: Hot Energy (Klunky Monkey + Bloody Puppy)
13: Red Poncho (Juan + The Crimson Blur)

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Man this was such a fun day. I'll definitely be at the next one. o: If there's a results thread that'll be posted for this later, I'll post the list of the fun and amazing experiences from this tourney. A special thanks to Sypher, too, along with everybody who was at this, for helping me find my house keys and actually putting in effort to locate them. o:

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
SavEEEEEEEEEEEdge.. thanks for sharing the drinks, it was strong as *** though lol

really fun event..
GGs to everyone I played in friendlies ;o
I feel like start to practice and get better in melee again................ xD but I'll see

CTL17

Smash Lord
Those results make little sense. The bracket must have looked lopsided.

Edit: I see Chillin's editing live! And I see the bracket was indeed unfair to some. I want to see the bracket!

hot$

Smash Ace
videos going up! doubles almost all up.
should have all singles up by tomorrow night.

had fun, gg's to anyone i played.. see you guys at next time ;)

hot$

Smash Ace
i got a bunch of singles recorded I think.. But yes it was, I was gonna say you were pretty dressed up. what was the occasion?

Mahone

Smash Champion
After that day, I was known as Mahone, the puff that beat Chillin....

and then lost :(

GGs chillin, I wonder what will happen next time when I'm better and you don't have cyrain to save you......

:phone:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Chillin just straight up cyrained on Mahone's parade.

Thanks man. I feel like I'm really matchup dependent atm though. I get dominated by Foxes and Sheiks. :|

Your Falco can be legit too... just work on those fast fall lasers. THEY CAN BE TRICKY, I KNOW. XD

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Great event fellas (we should have a results thread!), I had a lot of fun. Smash outside was an awesome idea. Worked great. Props to Sypher for hosting and running a great tournament.

Hope to see you all again soon (next weekend?).

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Damn I had to coach Chillin through his second set with Mahone and it was still close and ****. get *****.

@ Chival, naw i used fox in some friendlies but was using falco in tourney. pretty much all of TR got was retardedly drunk at this tourney though. ****ing savedge -_-

Fun stuff though. Everyone seems to have gotten a lot better.
H2YL is ****ing amazing again and it's nice to see some **** happening in this region. Sweet tourney and whatnot.

Vist

Smash Champion
thanks for hosting, sypher :cool:

smashing with everyone and going to angelico's was awesome. good **** to everyone I played (way too many people to shoutout)

someone come practice with me or some shiz... I need to practice more often and everyone I play against these days don't go to tournaments :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fun tourney! Been awhile since I entered a Melee tourney (2007 I believe?) so I'm just glad I didn't get last :p I may start practicing Melee again and try to get back into the scene.

Special shoutout to everyone who tried Project M :bee: If you have any questions about it, feel free to shoot me a message. Next time I won't forget my splitter and be able to record some matches.

Temporary Videos/Results Post [needs bracket to finalize, semi-condensed]

MD/VA Tournament Circuit
Fairfax, Virginia. April 30, 2011

[Anti-spoilers for winners bracket and losers bracket currently can't be set. No bracket image to work off of]

[collapse=2v2]Unknown Bracket

Redd :fox: & Chu :popo: vs Crimson :marth: & JU4N :falco:

Thumbs :falcon: & CK :fox: vs Vist :luigi2: & Laijin :sheik:

Voodoo :falco: & Scrapmettle :marth: vs Sypher :fox: & MinQ :marth:

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Semi Finals[collapse="Winners Semi Finals"]Azen :marth: & Chillin :fox: vs Cyrain :falco: & Savedge :fox:

Thumbs :falcon: & CK :fox: vs Chu :popo: & Redd :fox:[/collapse][collapse="Losers Semi Finals"][/collapse]Finals[collapse="Winners Finals"]Azen :peach: & Chillin :fox: vs Chu :popo: & Redd :fox:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals"] Azen :marth: & Chillin :fox: vs Chudat :popo: & Redd :fox:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals 2"]Azen :marth: & Chillin :fox: vs Chudat :popo: & Redd :fox:[/collapse][/collapse][collapse=1v1]Unknown Bracket

ScrapMettle :marth: vs Voodoo :falco:

Hot$ (green) :fox: vs ChaosKnight (red) :fox:

Cyrain :falco: vs Poehlcat :falcon:

Azen :marth: vs Thumbswayup :falcon:

Azen :marth: vs Chudat :popo:

Savedge (blue) :falcon: Vs Wenbo (default) :falcon:

ChaosKnight :fox: Vs Mahone :jigglypuff:

Voodoo :falco: Vs Vist :luigi2:

Winners Bracket

Losers Bracket

Semi Finals[collapse="Winners Semi Finals"]G-Regulate :falcon: Vs Chudat :popo:[/collapse][collapse="Losers Semi Finals"]G-Regulate :falcon: Vs Vist :luigi2:[/collapse]Finals[collapse="Winners Finals"]Chudat :popo: Vs Redd :fox:[/collapse][collapse="Losers Finals"]Chillindude829 :fox: Vs Redd :marth:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals 1"]Chillindude829 :fox: Vs Chudat :popo:[/collapse][collapse="Grand Finals 2"]Chillindude829 :fox: Vs Chudat :popo:[/collapse][/collapse][collapse=Results]http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12633595&postcount=6132

1v1

1: ChuDat
2: Chillindude829
3: Redd
4: g-regulate
5: Mahone
5: Vist
7: Bones0
7: Voodoo
9: Poehlcat
9: Azen Zagenite
9: ChaosKnight
9: Cyrain
13: Juan
13: Wenbo
13: Big Black Diⅽk Master
13: dkuo
17: The Crimson Blur
17: SypherPhoenix
17: SavEdge
17: Milkman
17: thumbswayupmybutthole
17: krnred225
17: JCaesar
17: ScrapMettle
25: hot$
25: Afro Bandit
25: cmart
25: DJ
25: BigWenz
25: Klunky Monkey

2v2

1: Groom Blue (Chillindude829 + Azen Zagenite)
2: Uh, no. Fuⅽk team names. (Redd + ChuDat)
3: 90 Fuⅽk Point Αss (Cyrain + Savedge)
4: Running Kings (Kermit the Frog + ChaosKnight)
5: Harriet S. Plinkett's Big Black Diⅽk (Vist + Laijin)
5: Blue Storm (Wenbo + Winston)
7: Milk My Poehl (PoehlCat + Milkman)
7: Darfur Dash Dance (Voodoo + ScrapMettle)
9: Big Horse (BigWenz + Thunderhorse)
9: Bitⅽhes Love Us (JCaesar + cmart)
9: Lazy Shell (Sypher + krnred225)
9: Hot Energy (Klunky Monkey + Bloody Puppy)
13: Red Poncho (Juan + The Crimson Blur)[/collapse]

Videos uploaded by
www.youtube.com/hotcashmelee

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Props to sypher for hosting this event, what an awesome thing to see those names back in action

Looks this was fun, too bad I couldn't come I had to work. I love to watch these even if I don't compete.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Chillin/Chu are monsters =D Reminds me of the good old days. Except MD/VA sucks less.

My falco is probably retired loooooll I think I'm just gonna play fox like all the cool kids. =/

What I love even more than the game are the people. This was hype.

Top Bottom