• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
lol is a very patient and strategic game, relying on tons and tons of game knowledge and teamwork to be successful and have fun. i wouldnt recommend it to slow learners, or people who cant keep attention for 30+ minute periods.

MinQ

Smash Apprentice
TBH, LoL is pretty forgiving as long as you're playing with your level group starting out. As long as you have someone teaching you things as you go, it's easy to pick up and get good. If you have a good attitude about getting better (accepting and knowing your mistakes, etc), you won't have a problem. Just keep in mind that, as with any MOBA, the community has a lot of terrible people.

MapleStory was terrible. That game sucked up my middle school and early high school years... Bleh.

hot$

Smash Ace
Kaffei, how come you are now playing melee instead of brawl? (or do you still play brawl some) -___-

I mean, it's the only way to go but i'm curious to see why you're converting=D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Kaffei, how come you are now playing melee instead of brawl? (or do you still play brawl some) -___-

I mean, it's the only way to go but i'm curious to see why you're converting=D
I'm playing both actually.
I decided to pick up Melee because in Brawl there is a lot of camping and slow play, and that can be very heavy on the mind and takes up a lot of mental energy and can get boring a lot, especially since I main Meta Knight and most characters have to run away and camp MK to beat him (so I have to do the chasing; it's not easy to just press B actually despite what a lot of people think).

I've been watching Mew2King since 08 and his Marth & Sheik are really fun to watch. The way he gimps people and his style is just so omg 8D
I wanted to play Melee back then but I was younger with no rides to tourneys + no one to play Melee with so I just played Brawl wifi a lot.
Also Melee takes a lot more tech skill than Brawl by far, and I think practicing tech skill is a lot of fun too.

hot$

Smash Ace
^ ah, well good to hear you have interest in both games. play what you like, that is always important..

But yes, you certainly need some tech skill. I wish you luck and hopefully, i can play you sometime :)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
^ ah, well good to hear you have interest in both games. play what you like, that is always important..

But yes, you certainly need some tech skill. I wish you luck and hopefully, i can play you sometime :)
Haha thanks hot$ hope to play you too! I need to learn a lot lmao

kaffei im warning u right now...melee has this power....that once u start u cant stop!!!! no matter what....but i jus warned u right now...
No worries boss Melee is way too good ;)

Mahone

Smash Champion
Where the **** is that bracket you ****ing ******, im gonna kill you if you don't get it to me by midnight!!!!!!!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why does it matter if people complained about the bracket ... if you're trying to have legit regional events and a PR that actually means something you should let people who beat who and whatnot

All I'm seeing here is you being butthurt that people weren't 200% satisfied how you ran your event if that's the only reason you're going to give for not uploading it :p

If we have to we can probably reconstruct it from memory but that'd be tedious ~_~

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Nah, not posting the bracket would be kinda gay.

BUT, there was a ridiculous amount of unexpected/stupid/inebriated **** going on. Also Phil gtfo...

Also I may go to Syphers tonight. Who else was going?

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
KageMurphy calling one of the few active TOs in this region names doesn't help anyone ~_~

Top Bottom