• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

how far is his place from where I live... ? (or in Falls Church)
~6.7 miles from your house

I won't be there tomorrow. I want rest to get ready for the tournament Saturday. Even if I do show up, I'd probably show up early and leave by like 4pm to avoid rush hour traffic

I might stop by to do some recording tests (I left my capture cards at Crimson's house). I left my Hauppauge HD PVR power cord at the /HOPE 3 venue and M@v has it. He's going to mail it to me sometime. Crimson, would you mind if I show up early Saturday to prepare all the youtube recordery? I'm going to have to move a TV or 2

Sypher, what capture softwares do you know? I have 64bit Windows 7

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I have a callous of a champion on my thumb. And my index finger hurts from powershielding all of your attacks.

:phone:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Same. Never had a blister this bad from smash...

SMASH HOUSE *****EZ

What Mers said... cept like... tomorrow at noon.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
~6.7 miles from your house

I won't be there tomorrow. I want rest to get ready for the tournament Saturday. Even if I do show up, I'd probably show up early and leave by like 4pm to avoid rush hour traffic

I might stop by to do some recording tests (I left my capture cards at Crimson's house). I left my Hauppauge HD PVR power cord at the /HOPE 3 venue and M@v has it. He's going to mail it to me sometime. Crimson, would you mind if I show up early Saturday to prepare all the youtube recordery? I'm going to have to move a TV or 2

Yeah thats fine.

is there a thread for ur tourney crimson? where do i get ur address
There is no thread. I figured since all of MD/VA reads this thread that I might as well keep it in here. Address is what epsilon posted.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I am bringing:
  • 3 TVs
  • 1 Cube w/ Melee
  • 1 Wii w/ P:M
  • 1 power strip (6 plugs)
  • 8 chairs
  • 2 tables
  • 3 sleeping bags
  • 1 laptop for recording
  • 1 3DS w/ LoZ: OoT 3D and DQ9
  • 1 can of Mountain Dew (for me)

Don't thank me, thank Penny.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
THANK YOU PENNY

You can't really ban collusion... but you can try to force the top 3 to play serious sets at least.
I can ban collusion. I did so just yesterday.

VirtualDub is undoubtedly the best raw capture program, though you need to know wtf you're doing with video compression if you want the video to look anywhere near decent. You also have to understand what the regular post-processing filters do.

The other good quality capture programs are really just built into others, such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro. Those work really nicely and you don't need to know all that VirtualDub ****. Of course, you need to get your hands on them first. *cough*

Can I get there via metro/can someone pick me up from the metro, if I end up having to use it?
The closest metro stop is the Vienna/GMU stop, though no buses go out far enough to get to Crimson's place. I could pick you up, but try to coordinate with others so I don't end up having to make a billion trips.

http://tinyurl.com/3w8tv37

My name is yellow? Premium account used up?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no edit button in the above post, so double post. Deal with it no double post

Anyways, maybe premium isn't used up yet? I can still custom title. YES!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
I am bringing:
  • 3 TVs
  • 1 Cube w/ Melee
  • 1 Wii w/ P:M
  • 1 power strip (6 plugs)
  • 8 chairs
  • 2 tables
  • 3 sleeping bags
  • 1 laptop for recording
  • 1 3DS w/ LoZ: OoT 3D and DQ9
  • 1 can of Mountain Dew (for me)

Don't thank me, thank Penny.
you selfish ******* ! woooow to think we are gonna let you in this house! :awesome:

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
And how, exactly, do you intend to do so? Lmfao.
The way I ban collusion is to write it in the ruleset.

But seriously, it's now a rule. I assure everyone that I can enforce the ban and I will keep it in the ruleset. Whatever opinion you have on enforcement isn't going to have it taken out. Unless you intend to challenge the policy itself, take it to another topic.

The rule stems from the fact that this community refuses to be professional under almost any circumstances. I love you guys, but most of you can be disrespectful as ****.

chillindude829

Smash Master
I think ppl saying u can't ban it are referring to the fact that people could just as easily split the money in secret/agree to let someone advance and still make the set look serious

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just ban holding up the tournament with talk about how to split top 3 because that **** is ******** -_-

I don't really care if grand finals aren't played out if neither player really wants to play ... if they really want to split it's just like chillin says, you can't really stop them ...

Only solution is to get better so they don't have the option to split :lick:

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just ban holding up the tournament with talk about how to split top 3 because that **** is ******** -_-

I don't really care if grand finals aren't played out if neither player really wants to play ... if they really want to split it's just like chillin says, you can't really stop them ...

Only solution is to get better so they don't have the option to split :lick:
What this man says.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Yea, Wenbo is right. Annnddd Chillin was also correct. I'm just saying that I can easily forfeit to someone while making it look real. *Shrug* Anyhow, see you guys tomorrow

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't wait to stomp H2YL.

If I can only lose to 3 people there, I should get top 3 right? hmmmmmmm

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The way I ban collusion is to write it in the ruleset.

But seriously, it's now a rule. I assure everyone that I can enforce the ban and I will keep it in the ruleset. Whatever opinion you have on enforcement isn't going to have it taken out. Unless you intend to challenge the policy itself, take it to another topic.

The rule stems from the fact that this community refuses to be professional under almost any circumstances. I love you guys, but most of you can be disrespectful as ****.
I don't know what you're talking about, this community is totally respectful and professional.

Im pumped for the tourney... MMs must also be had with those who i dont get to play in tourney but wanted to. im going to try and get there by like 11 AM to practice and warm up.

how many setups are there going to be?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I don't know what you're talking about, this community is totally respectful and professional.

Im pumped for the tourney... MMs must also be had with those who i dont get to play in tourney but wanted to. im going to try and get there by like 11 AM to practice and warm up.

how many setups are there going to be?
Lots. There are probably 10 by now...

Also FC-style TV splitting. =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Also only 9 of those 22 people from original TA still play. What a gay. And that's if you count Chinesah and CK

Top Bottom