• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
This event was ****loads of fun, sypher's basement is so cozy and people were really nice. Thanks for the compliments shinku, they mean a lot. Too bad no one was watching our epic tourney set.

Rehab, were you the really quiet guy who teamed with me on friendlies during the last couple hours? Those were pretty funny matches, lvl 9 luigi ***** us too hard... you're not as bad as you say you are though, it seems to me like you just didn't really have a feel for playing against other competitive smashers yet, so you just got a little overwhelmed. That shouldn't last for long though, and you seem to be able to pull off advanced techs just as well as anyone.

@Sypher: lololol i saved your tourney you like owe me now or something ---- seriously though, you're a really nice guy and i'm very thankful for the warm welcome. I'll make an effort to come to your tourneys from now on (as long as they're melee), and i can always bring the cube again just in case.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Have another one, as I WILL come to one at some point (more than likely after the new year, when things settle down).

Smash G0D should have won this.

Shinku

Smash Champion
Have another one, as I WILL come to one at some point (more than likely after the new year, when things settle down).

Smash G0D should have won this.
anyone want to take a side bet that he wont come? starting at 100 dollers lets go!

Shin's a meanie
i am? LOL! sorry. =)

korn and ck are the meanis

me "good game guys"

ck/ korn "suck my ****"

me :(

ChuDat

Smash Master
Just wanted to let u know sypher that I'm holding a tournament AGAIN on the same date as your bi-weekly lolz. Hope there are no problemz with this.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
*facepalm* LOL, okay, uhhh....let's avoid having the same date this time...

I changed my biweekly date to the 27th and I got rid of the planned 2009 dates. I figure you have seniority in a bunch of ways anyways, so I'd be perfectly fine working around your planned dates as they come up.

Question: how far ahead do you plan your biweekly dates? Is it just one ahead of time or do you have some sort of rough idea as to when they will happen?

oh yeah and don't be surprised if i show up to your tournament on the 20th :p

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
oh yeah and don't be surprised if i show up to your tournament on the 20th :p
It's going to only be brawl lol. People wanna play draft crews. You could try to set up a friendlies station though after the tournaments are done though >_>; Idk ask chu.

Shinku

Smash Champion
sypher, just make yours pure melee and chu will be just brawl. that way if yalls is run on the same day it would be great for people to decide where they want to go.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
sypher, just make yours pure melee and chu will be just brawl. that way if yalls is run on the same day it would be great for people to decide where they want to go.
I agree, mostly because i don't feel like waiting until the 27th to play melee.

krnred225

Smash Journeyman
Holding them on different days seems like a better idea. That way people won't have to choose! They can just go to one after the other. :)

Shinku

Smash Champion
not really a good idea cuz more people play brawl now rather than melee since its old. only the hardcore melee guys would choose this rather than chu's brawl.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
The problem is that a lot of people play both Melee and Brawl, not just one or the other. By having them on the same day it forces them to choose one over the other thus lowering attendance from one event or the other.

I don't want to start competing with Brawl because it's never going to work out - it's just too popular.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I agree, mostly because i don't feel like waiting until the 27th to play melee.

Critical Hit 4.5 is on December 13th and a lot of people are going so I'm not going to be holding a biweekly. Me and L@wl were going to get together and do something involving smash, are you available on the 13th? I'll ask him about you coming. His place is in Arlington, idk how that works out for you.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I didn't make it to this. I came down with the flu over Thanksgiving break, and because my dad hasn't set up the wireless internet in the past 3 MONTHS I couldn't get onto smashboards. I'm really sorry I couldn't make it though. I'd like to come to future tourneys though.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Critical Hit 4.5 is on December 13th and a lot of people are going so I'm not going to be holding a biweekly. Me and L@wl were going to get together and do something involving smash, are you available on the 13th? I'll ask him about you coming. His place is in Arlington, idk how that works out for you.
I can get to arlington really easily, so I'd be down most likely. Hold a biweekly anyway, **** brawl.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Ah, sorry, I really don't want to compete with Chu for dates. Plus I was out for like ten days until today, so it wasn't really possible anyways.

Korn: No, I don't still have the vids because my external hard drive that had the one I gave you was corrupted by a virus a few days before the last smashfest. I gave Minkyu the video before we wiped everything so he could give it to you...I don't know if he erased it after he gave it to you, but he might still have it. I'll ask him about it.

Shinku: Yeah man, Wii+Melee would be awesome.

BloodyPuppy: Eh, it's not too bad, this one probably won't be too big anyways because there are other people that are going to be unable to go too. I figured that I wouldn't get much attendance because it's so close to christmas. There's always next time.

Top Bottom