• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Boss - Good, I really want this date.

The only MDVA event I found on the 4th was something in Fredericksburg (VA), and the 4th is like a perfect date for me. It's during Fairfax's spring break so hopefully I will be able to organize my entire crew to come. I'm sure other counties have it off too, so it'd be good for all the high-school people.

Because we're on break, my dad doesn't have much of a problem with people staying the night. Excellent. If enough people are able to come I'm definitely going to set this one up to be fantastic. Recording, full on setups, maybe some crew battles if Originals/BEST are up for it. We could also do an entrance fee for teams, but I've always been worried about that because there aren't enough developed/enthusiastic teams to be able to compete and get good experience out of entering.

Minkyu - Just so you know, my dad denied the trip for now. He says we could do it later in the year, perhaps early into summer break.

Shinku - AFTER April 4th? Or would you be able to make it on the 4th? Oh, and thanks for stealing my 1000.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'll ask around, perhaps SOJ can give you a ride.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tournament on April 4th? Is that good with everyone, or is there another big thing going on? If I hold one on the fourth, people can stay overnight.
Thank you but it seems that plan has liquefied. For some reason they are going to drive two hours only to stay in DC for about 2 then leave. I mean seriously, that's just a waste of gas, 2 hours to get there, 2 hours staying there, 2 hours drive back home...waste of time and money much?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Thank you but it seems that plan has liquefied. For some reason they are going to drive two hours only to stay in DC for about 2 then leave. I mean seriously, that's just a waste of gas, 2 hours to get there, 2 hours staying there, 2 hours drive back home...waste of time and money much?
Sorry man =/

Sounds like the time that my parents drove me seven hours to the Southern tip of VA so we could stay for about 10. Then when we drove back traffic was bad and it took us nine hours.

Sypher check your PM and post up here ^_^
I don't mind the advertising since it's stuff that's actually related and decently close. But I guess you probably feel like an ******* doing it, lol. I know I would. I guess you want me to post some info for you? >_>

Alright guys, listen up. toasty here is holding a tournament in SoVA on April 25th. Entry isn't going to be expensive, he estimates $5 per event, and he realizes that $5 isn't really gonna attract all the big names. He mentioned it being $10 a while ago, maybe it'll change to that. Venue fee could be nonexistant.

The problem with people from out of region is housing, there aren't a lot of people who can offer housing. There's a hotel on campus so he's going to see if he can get cheaper rates out of them.

Anyways, yeah. I would support you local guys going, though I'm not too sure if I can make it myself because of housing. There were 41 entrants last time, if more people go then it would be a good demonstration that the Melee community is still kicking ***.

toasty, this is going to be in Norfolk, right?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
oh snap Sypher you're awesome <3

I'll have a thread as soon as I have confirmation with the venue [I already have a nearly guaranteed venue which can handle 40+ comfortably...just barely though, but I want to get a bigger venue just in case the interest is a lot higher this time, which is what I want]

thanks again man!!!

once there's more info, I'll be sure to post up here, esp details about housing =D

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
My dad said that SoVa would be a little bit of a long drive so maybe I'll come to this xD

I've successfully learned how to switch between melee and brawl losing minimal skill

skyheart

Smash Lord
Maybe, we'll see =). I doubt it though. Gamepad has a tournament going on in southern Virginia and I think I might be going there iono we'll see.
is it melee or brawl? if it's melee involved, i might go there instead...for the MONEY!!! hehehehe

Jove

Smash Journeyman
i cant go to the april 4th one either because its spring break
i wanna play meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee T-T
im tired of peaches dsmash being nerfed :(

Jove

Smash Journeyman
no im gonna be gone that first weekend of spring break
not because its spring break lol
have one on april 11th plz T-T

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
he would honestly wreck you looool
uh oh **** talk about someone we've never heard of or played

have one on april 11th plz T-T
i can't dedicate all my weekends to running smash stuff...sorry.
it's expensive to hold these things and they take a lot of work and organization. if there's going to be melee stuff every weekend i surely can't run the show by myself.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there at around 12:30 with a cube as usual. I don't think anyone is coming with me, if they are then it's because they changed their minds at the last conceivable second.

also i think we should do a singles tournament for a few dollars

29_ksmotA

Smash Apprentice
Smash GOD will **** 80% of the MD/VA smash community, your nameless friend won't be any different, stop hyping him up spaz.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
my friend will oneman crew battle you guys as well
Who's your friend? If you're talking melee, tell him I'll five character ironman battle him for teh moniez.

Is this melee? I really wanna go, how's the turnout looking? I miss melee again =(

edit: hay gaiz i just lrned hao to lcancel who wantz mms for hundreds of dullars

Top Bottom