• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nova Scotia Thread

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
just finished watching. that captain falcon was very entertaining. i also liked that rollout at the very end of the jiggs match. i never knew you could do that...

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
It was January '08 wasn't it? They said it was the tourny right before Brawl came out

Also, these vids are mad old now, they're probably much better now. Just put up for entertainment.

That, and Maritimers are just weak sauce at Smash xD

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Aha, good to see that video finally go up. That was a good tournament. I thought I picked the Ice Climbers (because you guys had a way with going to Final Destination), but I guess I didn't get around to them in the finals.

You guys need to come up here sometime and represent!

camden

Smash Apprentice
Malcolm: My sources were the Anime@Large facebook group, and posters for the tourney.

Katie: it's on Lacewood Drive, behind the Swiss Chalet.

Alright, so before I post my "thoughts" on this tourney, I'll post the Top 8, or at least what I have from it.

1: Raziek (Marth)
2: Bi11ybeegood (Ice Climbers/Snake)
3: Drake (R.O.B.)
4: Camden (Kirby/Mario)
5: Pasquale (Mario)
5: Atila (Zelda)
7: Dex (Snake)

I can't remember the other guy who came 7th, but for what it's worth, it's not worth it. XD

Alright, so this was officially the worst tourney I've ever been to, or even seen for that matter. Considering the attendance, 4 TVs was acceptable. It all went downhill from there, however. First of all, 3 of the Wiis barely had anything unlocked. The only reason the fourth one had anything was because it was Jordan's. I brought my Wii to setup, but all they did was use my Brawl disc. Oh, and did I mention 2 set-ups had to use Wiimotes because they wre too lazy to set-up my Wii? Yeah, I actually had to play one of my "matches" with a Wiimote and Ninchuk. I won, but it was my buddy, so I expected to, but still...sadface. Next was the lol of a ruleset. 1 game matches, 3 stock, FD only. XD It was double elimination, but oh do I have something funny to say about that. At Round 2 of the Winner's bracket, I had to fight Aaron (Drake). I won. During the Loser Semi's match, it ended up being me against Aaron again. We were pretty pumped, seeing how it was for third place. However, the TO noticed we had played already, and automatically advanced Aaron. What was his "brilliant" reason for doing this? He claims that because he had more wins in the tourney than I did, he deserved to move on without playing me. Well, of course he would've played and won more, he was knocked out of the Winner's bracket in the second round, by me! It's not like my loss was to a random or anything...I lost by 1 stock to Parker using his ICs. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at Aaron in the slightest. Why would I? He's a cool guy, we're friends, and trust me, he was just as pissed as I was. We reaaaaally wanted to play each other again. The prize was a $50 gift certificate and some pie, so I can't complain about that.

Overall, it was a bad tourney, but I did have a little bit of fun. Hey, I got 4th. Mind you, the only people who were there who weren't bad were the Top 4. Most people below that were randoms.

tl;dr version: lol bad tourney

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
How many people went anyways?

I've more or less given up on "side" tourneys or events such as this, mainly because crazy things always happen. Congrats to Raziek for knocking one down though, and for...getting off on Billy? xD

So it's safe to say Smash Halifax: Halloween edition= EVO 2K8 in terms of stupidness?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, there's another Zelda player in Hali?

Yeah, that sounds super-lame, Cam. You would think people who have random tournies would know what the heck they're doing. :p

camden

Smash Apprentice
Colin: Yeah, I'd say anywhere from 20 to 25.

Katie: Exactly. I actually plan on hosting a tourney at my school sometime next month. It's gonna be my test as a TO. :D

But yeah, another Zelda player, so watch out Katie. :p I really hurt him hard though, because one of my good friends mains Zelda, so I knew the match-up like times tables.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Why is everything in caps lock in that quote Lythium?

I'm so bored atm, people should get here with godspeed and we should play Melee.

Top Bottom