• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The game has been out for a good enough time now, so people have probably made decisions about their main already. This thread is just to tell everyone who your main is, discuss why your main is awesome, and tell us why you chose who you did. And sorry that there aren't different choices for ZSS and Sheik, 35 options is the maximum for the polls on the boards.

Also, don't forget that you can now put an icon of your main (located below your post count) for all to see!

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
It's a VERY close one between Sonic and Olimar for me, my sig says sonic, but I voted olimar just because I like his gold/black costume.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Kirby: I love his games, I love who he is, he can eat people, he can use your attacks, hes kirby, hes pretty fast, he can fly, he can turn into an invinsible brick, he's small, he was my main in melee/64, he got better, and hes the best.... Any questions?

fluffy

Smash Champion
Zelda, shiek, samus, z-suit samus, and the 3 pokemon should be separated IMO.

Anyways i chose samus. Zair rocks.

imPVex

Smash Rookie
BACKSTORY: I was actually very worried because I could not find a character to main. I played Link in melee to rival all the superfast cheese characters (Read: top and high tier). However, I did not like what I found when I played him in brawl. Loss of KO potential on many smashes (like most characters) and just a general slower and weaker feel to him. I tried a range of characters and was actually pleased to see that Kirby had received a few sick buffs (Up smash KO at 100) and his dash attack is pretty sick. But he is still a bit slow for competition. I was using pit mainly to get through the subspace emissary until, finally, after giving Intense Tabu what he deserved (dodge hacks), I found my savior:

Toon Link.

I disagreed with pit's forward A because it didn't move you forward so if you missed your hits, you were going to get a beating. Toon link keeps Link's double Fsmash and all the fun toys and gadgets that are his b moves. I love the speed of his Dair and general feel of him. I played him for maybe 20 seconds before realizing that this was a match made in heaven.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Luigi, of course. Mainly because the man in green has always been my favorite of the two Mario Bros.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I really like being Sonic.I love his speed and my potential with him.Plus I think he's fun to be.I like Lucas,Lucario and Mario too and will use them (and most other characters)occasionally.Some more than others but I really like the roster.Sure more characters would've been nice.But,what can ya do?On topic Sonic is my main.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Falco is just fun and good to use with the chain grabs and I like his new reflector.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Wow that's a tough choice between Ike, Marth and Pokemon Trainer.

I use all three of them the most, but I'll vote for Ike, just because he's the first slow character I ever liked using.

Ginkal

Smash Rookie
At first I was pretty sure I was gonna main Ike or Lucario, that is until I used Diddy.

He stole mah <3

DQP

Smash Ace
i at first thought it was rob, but then i tried sonic. then i thought it was sonic, but then i tried toon link. i wonder who's next...

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Defiantly Lucas, for a few reasons:

1) Annoying people by spamming PK Fire is so fun.

2) Annoying people by stealing Smash Balls with PK Thunder is so fun.

3) Annoying people by sniping with PK Freeze from the other side of the stage is so fun.

4) Mother 3 is awesome.

5) He has a Claus alt, and Claus is awesome.

My close seconds are Wario, Toon Link, Ness and Mr. Game and Watch, in order of how much I use them.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
I like to play as Wolf just a tiny bit more than DeDeDe, so I picked him.

I just like everything about Wolf except for his not-so-good recovery. His character in itself is awesome.

I feel I'd be redundant if I told you more as too why he is awesome.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Lucas.
He can control the range of the game with b-stick pk fire techniques. Not to mention his amazing up-smash.

Marth is my second pick, since he was my main in melee.

Grachi

Smash Rookie
Link. I've used him since the beginning in N64, and while he isnt the best character he is well rounded and a solid character. I like all his different ranged capabilities. in a way he has short range (bombs) medium range (boomerang) and long range (bow) which is great for different situations that you might need to take pot shots at people for some extra damage, or to stop them from getting a ledge/item.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
olimar is the most unique character in the game. i love the pikmin series and was so excited to use him when i heard he was in the game. i've been getting a lot of crap from my friends for it because apparently olimar is really cheap (but i dont think so! :laugh:)

XxLunar_KnightxX

Smash Rookie
i'd have to say ness, due to his deceptive range and projectiles. and about the same for toon link, especially since he's faster than his big brother and has about the same attack and better ange with the bow

Crash02

Smash Rookie
hey how do I make one of those cool img things after a post with characters in them?

Half Empty

Smash Rookie
Lucario is the best. Not only because he gets stronger as he gets damaged, but because of his mid-fast attacks and how much power he has in them. The only thing I don't like at the moment is his Up-B just because it does no damage. Wolf is also really good.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I love R.O.B....zomg I love R.O.B...he's so awesome...it was very hard to decide between R.O.B, Olimar and Pokemon Trainer though....but I just love how R.O.B plays...

but in no particular order my mains so far are:

R.O.B
Pokemon Trainer
Olimar
Ike
Zero Suit Samus
Ganondorf

with secondaries being:
Wolf
Snake
Zelda
Toon Link
Yoshi
Mr. Game & Watch

Fearblind

Smash Rookie
IDK i love sonic but just cant master him i picked pit because for some reason i own with him hard.

Ichida

Smash Ace
Having mained Link before, Toon Link is coming to me naturally. Honestly didn't think I'd end up maining him, but there it is. XDD

Aureate

Smash Rookie
Definitely Peach this time around. I was leaning towards Samus, having mained her in both previous games, but after being forbidden by angry, constantly owned friends to play as Samus anymore, I chose Peach in Melee and haven't looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom