• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
When I first saw Wolf, he looked the most exciting to play to me. But now after playing around with all the characters...he still is. God I love him. Just his badass style, his multi-hit smashes, the satisfaction of sweetspotting that side-B and KOing someone...it's incredible. <3 Wolf

I used Falco in Melee, and I still use him occasionally now in Brawl, too. He really is a LOT different, but still fun.

Also Pit, Lucas, and Marth are fun to play as. Pit because he has tons of jumps and can slash you up like a mother****er, Lucas because he's got a ****ing psychic bicycle kick for a bair, and Marth because he's...Marth.

I plan on picking up Sonic soon, too. Here is what it looks like my top-used characters is gonna finalize out to:

1) Wolf
2) Falco
3) Pit
4) Sonic
5) Marth

TonyTH07

Smash Cadet
Sonic for me. I hear he was hard to kill with and all, but he is my favorite video game character ever and all. So after giving him a shot, I LOVE how he plays. He's utterly perfect for my playstyle.

Mo28

Smash Rookie
So far my best character is Mr. Game and Watch, I like the way he plays and hes just funnny lol

exan

Smash Rookie
I'm still trying to get all the characters but I'm currently sticking to Shiek from Melee. But Sonic and Wolf look promising, can't wait to try them :).

Would be cool to know what characters top players use.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
OLIMAR! Come on Panda, there's no "Pikmin" in the character's name in the Americian version.

Anyway, Olimar is most definitely my choice. His character the personifiaction of all that is awesome and his moveset is deadly. No contest.

Mario, DK and Diddy are competeing for my secondary.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
kirby: hes always been my main, and has gotten a great buff to everything. Olimar and ROB are my second and third, but ive been with kirby from the beginning, so i have to choose him.

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
Luigi: he has always been ever since Melee. Secondaries: Meta Knight because he's just amazing. Ike for the same reason. Snake because I'm not good with him, but I really want to be. lol.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
It's annoying how everyone picks Toon Link.

I was a Young Link main back with melee. Were all of you there THEN!?

BeskarKomrk

Smash Rookie
My favorite character is Ike, because he is incredibly strong. If I'm looking for someone faster, I'll usually play Sonic.

fromthegrave

Smash Cadet
I am still not sure, i'm really juggling a couple of characters right now I'll start off with Samus.

Samus: my main since the days of 64. She was never absolutely amazing but she deffinately had enough tricks to keep up with some of the best. When i first played her i felt she was absolutly screwed over by this game but then i realized i had to change my play style so now she doesn't seem nearly as bad. I am still not sure if i want her as my main though, but i will by no means abandon her.

Pikachu: hear me out on this one. Pikachu has good speed and a number of attacks that can stack a damage pretty quickly. It's d-smash is now amazing and i think it rivals Peaches d-smash from melee. I do recognize there is a good amount of lag with some of it's moves but it's still a fun character to play with.

Marth: I've always thought of marth as the cheapest character in the game because of the range of the sword. I might break down in this game and start using him because he's really the only character that i see having an advantage over every other one.

Olimar: I think this character has the most potential out of the new characters. He is deffinatly the most unique and i think that he is very powerful. It will be interesting to see how he turns outs.

At this point i really don't know who i'll main as, i really have to do some more testing for myself and find someone who can beat my bad characters so i can see their flaws.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I've always used Mario in the other games but now they nerfed him just a bit and can be easily taken advantage of in multiplayer battles. I still can get by with him as my main but I like to use Zelda/Sheik and Wolf. Wolf is balanced and his Dair is sweet. Zelda's smashes all around have been improved and Din's fire was improved so much!! Its amazing!

1. Zelda/Sheik
2. Wolf
3. Mario
4. Everyone Else!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Pretty much everyone in Brawl is amazingly fun to play, so it's hard to decide. I voted for Lucas because he has nice insane hitboxes; Ivysaur is up there too.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Marth, simply because i throw together really nice combos with him (havent seen them on these boards yet either...hopefully i get a capture card soon). He's quick, he's strong, and he's a great off-stage fighter (something i tend to do lots of).

kciD

Smash Journeyman
So far....Toon Link.

I haven't screwed around with all the characters yet, though.

Toon Link is fast, he has a lot of projectiles to spam (which works out better in Brawl since the game is generally slower), his D-air is awesome for building damage, and his U-smash is a good, quick, one sword swipe KO.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I voted for Zelda/Sheik. I haven't even played the game yet but I wanted to feel like I had :(

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I'm still in love with Sonic, and I'm pretty decent with him - I actually have a controlled Super Sonic, which my friends can testify to as I once KO'd them all twice in the one Final Smash. :)

Biggest surprise was Wolf, who just kicks an unholy amount of ***, especially in Multi-Man Brawl. Olimar, Lucas and Zelda are also surprisingly great - I hardly ever use Sheik now.

Biggest disappointment was Pokémon Trainer - Ivysaur is good, but Charizard is too slow and Squirtle isn't strong enough IMO.

Oh, and HOLY HELL, Game & Watch! He's so powerful he's almost broken, especially as a CPU. It took me about 8 tries to beat him to unlock him, and that was on Flat Zone O_O

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
it's all about snake and second wario XD

snake because he's a powerful, slow but potentially fast if you know how to use him. When people get caught in my traps it is seriously satisfying and i love he's just plain bad@ss.

and wario cuz he makes me laugh.

and so far i'm surprised sonic's not leading in the polls right now, maybe to early to tell =/

wes_man21

Smash Rookie
R.O.B., I never call him "Rob" the Japanese version of "ROBOT" is much much better.

I also main:
Kirby
Pit
Meta Knight
Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom