• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainStickboy

Smash Rookie
I find myself consistently torn between Link and C. Falcon. I have to play as Link, because I'm not allowed to play as Toon Link. (How is it my fault is D-air is made of awesome?) And as for the Falcon, the choice is obvious. (Honestly, his entrance in SSE is the stuff legends are made of.)

But, as the poll mainly asks for FAVORITE character, I have to choose Snake. Nothing pleases me more than planting a mine, then some C4, then jumping around the stage cackling like an idiot, waiting for my friends to explode. I may not be very good with him, but I always enjoy it.

JesseWisdom

Smash Rookie
I chose Lucario, because so far he's been the one I've liked most. It could be argued there's a connection to how Mewtwo was my main in the previous game, and I could see that. Sonic's second, but I didn't choose him 'cos I'm not nearly as efficient with him as I'd like to be, but he's always been one of my favorite video game characters, and I'm admittedly not the biggest Nintendo fan.

Killage

Smash Rookie
Well I really like Pit, Kirby, and Marth they are all good in different ways but I am leaning towards Pit atm since I am very good playing him and since I like his diversity/play style. :)

PIT FTW!

J18

Smash Journeyman
sonic is my main because i said he would be my main.
and ha to all the people who said they were going to main sonic. when they figured out he just isn't good, then they don't wanna play as him.

but i also like snake just cuz he's fun as hell. it's sonic first definitely, and then snake.

3RD PARTY FTW

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
My 4 mains are Mario, Yoshi, Sonic and Olimar, not in order. I can't decide which one to vote.

Also, when my older cousin came yesterday and we all played Brawl, he only played as Pit. I guess he mained him.

D

Deleted member

I main captain falcon even though he's somewhat nerfed, I've used him since 64 version.
second: toon link, he was easy for me to use LOL

PkFirefox

Smash Rookie
It's a toss up between Ness, Fox, and Wolf. But I voted Wolf because he's newer than Fox and Ness.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
That is a somewhat hard question. Since whenever I pick up a character I basicly adapt to him and then loose a lot of skill with other characters x.x haha. I main Olimar the most. I love his grabs. I like Toon Link a lot too! And Metaknight. Lucario is pretty cool, too. But I mainly use Olimar.

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I like Pokemon Trainer because of his three pokemon. It's unique and very useful. He has squirtle's quickness, ivysaur's range, and charizard's strength wrapped up in one character.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad that Marth plays the same as he did in Melee, plus the new B is awesome for recovering :D. Next runner up is Lucas due to awesome aerials and then Snake due to just awesome

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Kirby cause he's basically above average in everything except weight ._. . Can easily combo his grabs and rack up insane amounts of damage early on, has extremely good knockback, can edge guard extremely well on characters like Marth, easy to surprise characters with from Rock to back air or air dodge, and also has a evasive final cutter projectile move that can stop characters from spamming their arrows or long range weapons (wolfs blaster >_>) and can also be used to reach the ground quick and safely.

Shea-the-Celt

Smash Rookie
I've been a true blue Link fan ever since I was weened away from Pikachu back when the original Smash was still the game to have. Though I like playing as Toon Link once in a while for the comic relief... I gotta stick with Link! <3 ...If I HAD to pick one of the newcomers though... most DEFINITELY Sonic! D:

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game & Watch. The key and vermin brings me happiness.

Also, I noticed that Ganondorf is spelled "Ganondork". Not sure if you did that on purpose, though.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im going to have to say lucario, then secondly Falco. both DownA's are amazing. Lucario because of the aura boost he gets, and his final smash.

iredecent

Smash Cadet
I have to say i wana main falco again, mainly becuase hes kinda of a rouge now, and hes just BAD @Nu$!

not to mention his new style isn't a mere replacation.

ninjakoala

Smash Rookie
i chose snake b/c right now he is the one i have the most fun playing w/. however depending on the characters im up against, i normally do better w/ metaknight or pit. however, i hope to become much better w/ snake and use him as my main

Baconater

Smash Cadet
I think I'm one of the only people leaning towards Random, though I do like Lucario, Wario, Link, Jiggs, Wolf, Snake, oh wait I'll end up listing everyone but Lucas. i refuse to play as that ***

1st2nd3rd4th

Smash Rookie
I chose Widow Zelda and Ninja Shiek (Black Costume) because I am one of those players who like to switch everything up in-game (I use both). Shiek (as my old main) has sadly been nerfed, however she still has some pretty good moves and combos pretty well. Zelda is just powerful, and just a really good tactical character. Zelda requires immense strategy, defense, and timing whereas Shiek requires an all-out offense, pressuring, and no holding back.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I like Lucas :3 At first, I just chose him because he was cute, but then once I started expirementing with his moves, I found that I liked how he played so he became one of my mains. (next to Peach.)

Which was surprising, because I hated Ness in Melee because of his Up+B.. But now I can finally control it XD;

MildlyTemperate

Smash Cadet
One if my friends used R.O.B. and I noticed that he is by far the hardest character to fight, partly because of his amazing recovery and his ability to attack during it. So I decided to start using him, and in the hands of a good player, he's unstoppable.

Maldazzar

Smash Cadet
Wolf! Gotta love the badguys. He's quite fun to play, at first I thought he was a clone, but it was pretty clear after only a couple games that he is far from being one.

BrawlerBoy987

Smash Rookie
DIDDY KONG FTW! =D

As most veteran Melee players did when Brawl released, I tried every single character, seriously considering the potential of each. After testing quite a few, i ran into Diddy Kong. His speed is just a little above average, jump and recovery are pretty amazing, and most of all, his combo potential is INCREDIBLE. My diddy role model right now is paOol, ofcourse. I'm carefully studying his videos and strategies, and hope to one day be as skilled as him.

(on a side note, I also use meta knight, Dedede, and pit quite often. I mained fox in both the first and second game, but i just couldn't get used to him in brawl.)

DIDDY FTW!!!! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom