• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now that the game is out... Who is your favorite chara/main? And why?

Who is your favorite character or main so far?

• Mario

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 78 3.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 36 1.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 47 2.0%
  • Link

Votes: 53 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ganondork

Votes: 32 1.4%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 148 6.4%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • Pit

Votes: 83 3.6%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 31 1.3%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 62 2.7%
  • Kirby

Votes: 74 3.2%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 89 3.8%
  • Pikmin & Olimar

Votes: 103 4.4%
  • Fox

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Falco

Votes: 68 2.9%
  • Wolf

Votes: 115 5.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 34 1.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 50 2.2%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 72 3.1%
  • Lucario

Votes: 85 3.7%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 22 0.9%
  • Marth

Votes: 95 4.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 129 5.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 38 1.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 111 4.8%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • Snake

Votes: 84 3.6%
  • Sonic

Votes: 75 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezrbrn

Smash Cadet
No doubt about it, Wolf is my main. Never could get a grip on Fox in Melee, too fast, so I went with Falco. Wolf pwns him though. My alt would have to be Snake. Nothing says I heart you like a proximity mine.

UltraKyu

Smash Cadet
My main atm is Fox, because:

- He's fast.
- I love shine and the combos you can do with it (they're not as good as in SSBM, but they're pretty nice IMO)
- I really love his aerials (nair, dair, bair, uair, fair - all of 'em! ^^')
- Short-Hop-Lasers are also nice to add a bit more dmg while spacing and to recover you'r other attacks.
- The only thing I don't really like about fox is that its kinda hard to finish sth with him...

Other Chars I rly like are:
- ROB: IMBA Up-B and Aerials, nice projectiles etc.
- Wolf: Heavy Dmg, nice arials with almost no lag if you use them right, nice projectiles, awesome smash-attacks and some useful "glitches" or how you wanna call it (like forward-b on yoshis-island, forward-b-cancel, forward-b if your very near a edge and you fly back on the stage and land in the middle etc.)
- Toon Link: Nice SHFF-Instant-Arrows, awesome projectiles etc.

cya

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
my mains
1) Wario. that's who I voted for. he has a mix of power and speed and is just a manly beast in general. he has great recovery and great aerials. he's a combo king, off and on the stage.

2) DDD. he's just so lovable. his mix of range and power is, in my opinion, even better then Ike's.
3) ROB. he, just like DDD, compliments Wario perfectly. he has good projectiles and good shields on campers.
4) Wolf. just like ROB, he has good projectiles and shileds on campers. plus, he has little to no counterpicks.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers, no doubt. They can actually combo, and can get a kill off of one grab.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was gonna be PT, but

It ended up being Pikachu. I liked him in Melee, and they buffed everything i liked: his down smash, thunder, thunder jolt, ect. He's simply much better. The only thing I don't like is when the crowd cheers for him XP.

I also enjoy using Olimar and Dedede a lot more than i expected. (I also use Metaknight and Sonic)

MCFC

Smash Rookie
I really like Snake. Not only because he has a great ***, but he just suits my playstyle a bit. Ike's good too.

Blade1844

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is my number 1. He is the only character that fits my style of play. I usually take damage more than the opponent, so lucario gives me a reason to be hurt. In addition Aura is godly

Zero Suit Samus is a close second for being one of the most fun characters to play. She is my avatar because Lucario seems to be excluded from the avatars....odd

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
im marth since melee:)
however i play some ike and falco aswell but its like 80% marth

m0rdin

Smash Rookie
I'm playing most of the time as Lucario. Allthough I don't think, he's the best character out there (but this goes for me too ^^) I favour to play as him. I simply like his handling. The Aura has a great range and to hit an enemy feels pretty nice. But the problem is, that most of the time during the fight the hits do only make you feel, they are strong, but in fact they are simply weak. Nah, that's not the problem for me, it's just teh fun to play as him.

^^

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
Toon link, although im still working on finding my better main. Took me awhile in melee so i don't expect my choice atm to still be the same in a year or so.

quantumphotonkid

Smash Cadet
Lucus is my best by far. I've finally gotten the hang of glitching his midair jump with PK Fire.

Second up would be Toon Link (I liked Y. Link from Melee better even if he was nowhere near as powerful).

But my favorite to play (most fun) is Yoshi. And real Yoshi's wear pink!

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
I used to play a pretty mean Link in Melee so I tried him for a while and the skill transfered pretty well, then when I unlocked Toon Link I was thinking he was just another young link clone but I love him. But as it turns out I picked up Olimar and I loved him. He's just so fun to play, powerful, has great priority, and quick moves. Love him.

So Its pretty mich

1. Olimar
2. Link
3. Toon Link
4. Diddy Kong
5. Ike

But every character is really fun to play this time around.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ike for me i loved him in ffe9&10 although i question some of the moves they gave him mostly his final smash i think it should of been yunes belessing since that gave him the power to kill a god. i also like him because im pretty good with him im not super good (i think i dont like to over estimate my self) but i know im decent and not one of those spaming aether nubs in random wifi brawls

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon. If he wasn't in Brawl I probably wouldn't play it because no one else comes close in terms of fun for me. Melee Falcon >>>>> Brawl Falcon in terms of ability but Brawl Falcon is still tons of fun.

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie
well, my #1 is Lucas, and then i have #2 Zero Suit Samus, #3 Meta Knight, & #4 Pit. I also play as Zelda/Sheik when Im bored since they were my character from melee.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Before Brawl came out, I had already decided that Wario and Ness would be my mains. Even after getting the game, this is still the case. Ness was my main in Melee and I like the changes they made to him in Melee (except for what they did with his bat...). Really, I think Earthbound is extremelly overrated but I've always liked Ness's play style. As for Wario, I've wanted him in Smash Bros since the original and I'm glad he's in. I love his quirky style and he's always full of surprizes. He's also the only character that makes me laugh out loud on a regular basis. Really, there's something incredibly satisfying about winning a match and then watching Wario roll on floor like some obesse panda and laughing at their failure. :laugh: Also, have you ever KO'd Sonic but running him over with the motorcycle? You haven't lived until you do.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link, because I mained Young Link in Melee. Also I like purple.

Flood

Smash Rookie
Metaknight (since the first pics i wanted to main him)
Lucario (A cool fighter with a feeling that sooths me well)
Toon link (A recent discovery that is pretty fun)
Snake (he is more fun then i first though he would be)

master_kodou

Smash Rookie
Luigi: cause i mained luigi in melee and im not going to quit. ^_^
Wario: cause he is a good ariel user.
Falco: i kinda mained falco in melee. I just think he is godly good.
and last Bowser: not my best but for good laughs and suicides.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo 64: I started as a link player.
Gamecube: Zelda became my main (not Shiek) followed by Falco and Gannondorf.
Wii: They made Zelda a ton better so she is definentaly my main and always will be (again just Zelda not Shiek). Ike is second followed by Falco.

Xashlei

Smash Rookie
Well, I primarily use Pit, Ike, and Marth. I make sure each gets their turn to brawl by rotating the characters I plan to use most often, so it's kinda tied. But then, Pit was the first I intended to main, so I'll vote for him.

ACSephiroth

Smash Rookie
Snake

I say Snake because I like the Metal Gear series and the fact that all of his moves do a lot of damage. I also like it how to use Snake properly, you pretty much have to use EVERY single moves in order to win.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Mario.

He has been my main since the 64. (I rotated alot on the N64 and GCN)

No-one can deny there love for Mario. Wether it be Super Mario bros., or the more modern games like Super Mario Galaxy.

But me, I'm pretty big on Mario, the only games I haven't had the honor of playing is Mario bombers for the game and watch, and Mario and Wario on the Famicom.

In my local area, in ssb64, Mario and I could not be beat. Juggling people against walls and such, I was even able to take on 3 of my friends vs me. d: I guess you can say it was because of there skill. But still, Mario's abysmal fighting didn't occur to me until SSBM.

That is when I doubted if I should stick with him, and learn Luigi's dashing. But I learned to WDash and such with Mario, so again I was fine, though I was always thumped by Fox and Sheiks.

Now in Brawl, Mario is finally able to compete with everyone. So I was immediatly picking him up.

And that is why I main Mario.

Da end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom