• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Now, US version lags JPN version MORE than 1 month

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
10/2 - 24/1 lags 18 days
31/1 - 06/3 lags 36 days

So the game has not gone gold and still requires time for production
(for at least 1 week more), just hope thats for getting Master Chief in.... :p

While the JPN version gets a delay for just 7 days,
what do you US version supporters think about waiting 12 days more before the release
and 18 days more before US version catches up with JPN version ??

I mean, WHO could stand banning themselves from the internet for ONE WHOLE MONTH ??

well, It could have been worse......

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
But there's actually a reason for Europe to have it worse, with all the languages and stuff.

It's the Australians who should be angry.

Snafu

Smash Cadet
I agree with Shenz0r. At least you guys have some clue of when you're getting Brawl. We in PAL territories get "2008... but not early 2008... and maybe not even 2008".

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Oh please. You guys get games ahead of Japan or get them pretty close to the release date so often it is hardly worth arguing about. There is a delay in the US. Someone get a whambulance.

Us in the PAL territories though, especially us Australians ... :dizzy:

(anyone who spots the reference with the whambulance gets a cookie)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah! we have to play it out like men.

America "oh no a dely! how can i ever live. all those other games we get first are nothing. i want brawl now! wawawawa"

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Well, although I was planning to fly to mars to medidate in a cave for the time leading up to the US release, I think Ill let myself be exposed to spoilers.

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
RE:#7 till #11
I'm sorry to hear that.

But for those who made up their minds like "it's ok...it's ok... it's only 18 days... its less than 3 weeks... I can wait... I don't want spoilers... I'LL SURVIVE..."
There's no doubt that one has to rethink his life on that.

The more expectation you make, the more disappointed you will become.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the views about the PAL release, I mean waiting can be so cruel, especially when you consider that by the time we'll be playing the game, those in the States and Japan will probably have already unlocked every character and stage and be playing online with various techniques we may never even have heard of O.O. This game has so much content it's unbelievable, I think a pushback should guarantee a solid title for all to enjoy. It's not that long.. it just means we have to wait a bit more and endure more pathetic leakers and fake rosters. There'll probably be a lot to keep us entertained until then.

-- Andy

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
"Yeh thats the worst part about this delay for me, the fact that now i have to ban myself from the internet for
1 month..."

You would really do that? I don't care if I see the whole roster, I actually want to. :p

I'm really hoping you Europeans/Australians get the game holiday 08, you people are unbelievably self centered. Just because you only have an approximate date doesn't mean that you should wish ill will upon others. Don't blame us, blame the companies relationship with your nation.

I'm not one to be cruel, but you're pathetic, and I hope that when we finally receive the game, someone will rub it in your faces.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Resistance is not easy when it comes to finding out the roster.. PAL territories will have to wait in the dark whilst others play. The temptation.. I think I'm just going to see it for myself. As about how to unlock said characters, I'll probably refrain from looking at. I'll just need something to keep me hyped to be honest.

-- Andy

EDIT: Woah woah woah Eternal phoenix Fire, I for one definitely didn't "rub it in your face", then again I am pretty new ^^'. What I mean though is that don't assume everyone in PAL suddenly laughs at the others for having another delay. What I do say though is that patience is a virtue. This is probably for the best, and you don't have to wait that much longer. I think I already summed that up in another post elsewhere anyway [there aren't that many to find soo..].

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
God Im glad Im in Japan. If it had been a month long delay I would have lost it. But 7 days I can live with. As for everyone else in the world, it is a shame. But Im sure its been delayed for good reason. And once the game comes out it will be the masterpiece we are all hoping for.

We all know now that the burning question is the temptation.

I will post spoilers for those who want them, as for everyone else you best avoid the internet until your day comes. But then again, why not just give in. I myself have never seen the problem with spoilers unless its a story driven game your dealing with.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, Sakurai himself commented on how characters would be seen online anyway and inevitably people would see things they perhaps might not have wanted to. I am alright with the roster, anything else I'll resist. That includes methods of unlocking and so forth. That way I have something to look forward to, but still a lot of mystery and suspense :D.

-- Andy

Resistance is not easy when it comes to finding out the roster.. PAL territories will have to wait in the dark whilst others play. The temptation.. I think I'm just going to see it for myself. As about how to unlock said characters, I'll probably refrain from looking at. I'll just need something to keep me hyped to be honest.

-- Andy

EDIT: Woah woah woah Eternal phoenix Fire, I for one definitely didn't "rub it in your face", then again I am pretty new ^^'. What I mean though is that don't assume everyone in PAL suddenly laughs at the others for having another delay. What I do say though is that patience is a virtue. This is probably for the best, and you don't have to wait that much longer. I think I already summed that up in another post elsewhere anyway [there aren't that many to find soo..].
I'm sorry. But if you have been hear as long as I have, the constant complaining and odiousity towards the US because they couldn't receive their self gratifications drives you nuts.

I apologise, and welcome to SWF. ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you have to whine about the delay, do so in the topic in the Smash News room, or the stickied topic about it in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom