• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nox Vs Gera (falco Dittos) Enjoy ;)

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
o_O;; Hahaha! Nice combos man, that was one fast match... Can't really tell how good the other falco was since he kind of just combo'd him to death all three stocks... But yeah, those shine juggles were nice.

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
Nox is top tier... We need to get him up here to play some of the US big dogs.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
just cause he can do that **** doesn't mean he's actually good, MrBitter. Nox has tech skill, but that doesn't mean he'd stand a change agaisnt some of our Pro/Ams even. Just becuase they look good, doesnt mean the are good. take me for example. I'm just as flashy, i have a vid that makes me look good, but i'm not actually any good. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Nox is bad, i'm just saying you can't tell if he's actually good from these types of vids. they're solely for entertainment purposes.

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
just cause he can do that **** doesn't mean he's actually good, MrBitter. Nox has tech skill, but that doesn't mean he'd stand a change agaisnt some of our Pro/Ams even. Just becuase they look good, doesnt mean the are good. take me for example. I'm just as flashy, i have a vid that makes me look good, but i'm not actually any good. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Nox is bad, i'm just saying you can't tell if he's actually good from these types of vids. they're solely for entertainment purposes.
uhmm.. ok...
so what it takes to be good?

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
mingames, strategy, tech skill, observation, noticing patterns, punishment, and mindgames

I think u put waaaay to much value on mindgames..
about strategies....... i think the best defense its a good offense.. but thats just me...
punishment?.. didnt i punished this guy? :p
I didnt really had to observate how he play... i mean in this match... cuz i did that... in the frist matches we had
and you cant say i wont stand a chance against Pro/Ams... as you said.. you cant tell if im actually good form this types of vids...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
actually, all i said is that you can't tell. you beat the hell out of this guy. makes you look good. Don't get me wrong you probably are good, i just said this vid + combo vids, don't *prove* that you're good. and no. there is no such thing as too much emphasis on mindgames. i once knew a peach who only used turnips, dsmash, dash attack, and the *** for edgeguarding. but it didn't matter how technical you were, cause he'd still win. he had no tech skill whatsoever, he could just read ppl very well and punish them for patterns. You're probably good. i didn't say otherwise. just know that there are am players that can combo as well as you or i, but they lose because they are dumb. And on strats, most of the time, you're at a disadvantage while approaching, so you want to play defensively and force an opening which then you can combo them. or at least thats the metagame around here.

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
o.O

I was just try'n to give props where I thought props were due...

In comparison to the other Falco vids out there, Nox has a unique and in my opinion, very strong Falco. (There's quite a few of him playing in some of the Mexican crew threads floating around.) I'm not saying he'd win or lose, but I am saying that I'd like to see what the boys down south have for us sometimes overzealous Americans.

There's also a **** good looking Fox player in Mexico, who I think plays in the same crew... Again, I can't quantify how good they are, but if the vids I've seen are any indication, I think they could put on quite a show.

-KID-

Smash Cadet
Yeah, NOX is a great player, we are allready traveling around Mexico to chalenge other people, I will be in Huston next week(I think). I've made posts that if annyone wants to play, but none of them got response.

I'll be uploading more battles from our Crew soon...

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
actually, all i said is that you can't tell. you beat the hell out of this guy. makes you look good. Don't get me wrong you probably are good, i just said this vid + combo vids, don't *prove* that you're good. and no. there is no such thing as too much emphasis on mindgames. i once knew a peach who only used turnips, dsmash, dash attack, and the *** for edgeguarding. but it didn't matter how technical you were, cause he'd still win. he had no tech skill whatsoever, he could just read ppl very well and punish them for patterns. You're probably good. i didn't say otherwise. just know that there are am players that can combo as well as you or i, but they lose because they are dumb. And on strats, most of the time, you're at a disadvantage while approaching, so you want to play defensively and force an opening which then you can combo them. or at least thats the metagame around here.
so ur saying im dumb? =(
:p
ok well.. i have a friend (i wont say names :p). who didnt know the game.... recently he started to play, and like in 2 months... he learned to L-cancel and Wavedash and **** like that... i think hes more technical than i am... but i always beat the hell out of him... why? cuz he doesnt have the experience i have... i been playing smash since nintendo 64.
and yea combo vids makes u look good... but as u said it doesnt ''prove'' ur actually good.. this is just to entertain...
and about strats.. as i said.... the best defense its a good offense... but to have a good offence style.. you gotta know when to attack... u cant just go and attack like a dumb... am i wrong?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
nox, scotu wasnt trying to insult you. he was trying to enlighten everyone else. you said in the topic "enjoy" so im sure you know videos are just for entertainment. you have tech skill, no doubt, but like scotu said that doesnt mean you would stand a chance against pros. true, you could be pro level, but we are just saying that this video doesnt prove it. you would have to face a pro to find out. again, not trying to insult you im sure you understand. i have beaten falcos and foxes more technically skilled than me, and if you saw us both play in videos people would probably say the tech guys are better than me. but theyre not =P.

ps. i didnt read the past post by nox-hitmen so im sure you already agree.

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
nox, scotu wasnt trying to insult you. he was trying to enlighten everyone else. you said in the topic "enjoy" so im sure you know videos are just for entertainment. you have tech skill, no doubt, but like scotu said that doesnt mean you would stand a chance against pros. true, you could be pro level, but we are just saying that this video doesnt prove it. you would have to face a pro to find out. again, not trying to insult you im sure you understand. i have beaten falcos and foxes more technically skilled than me, and if you saw us both play in videos people would probably say the tech guys are better than me. but theyre not =P.

ps. i didnt read the past post by nox-hitmen so im sure you already agree.

ya i know this vid doesnt prove im pro... btw im not saying i am... anyway im totally agree with u =)

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
You cant tell true skill simply by videos, but you cant just disregard them either. Videos provide some good evidence of the player skill level.

Now what I would be interested in is hearing how well you do in tournaments down there NOX. Do you place high? That gives better information about your level.

saberhof

Smash Master
>_>...mandalos a la verga Nox, porque no vas a OC3 y les metes el chile?
(ahem)
anyways...nice vid man, pwnage for me...

Nox-Hitmen

Smash Rookie
You cant tell true skill simply by videos, but you cant just disregard them either. Videos provide some good evidence of the player skill level.

Now what I would be interested in is hearing how well you do in tournaments down there NOX. Do you place high? That gives better information about your level.

well.. there was this tournament today at Monterrey, Mexico... ''star fest''.. not really big.. but with lots of good players like the twins and some x-mashers... and i got like.. 3rd or 4rth place, i dont really know.. cuz it wasnt a double elimination tournament.. the finals were.. ''me vs K-no'' both from the hitmen crew... and ''javi vs vena'' (i supose u know at least javi... 1 of the best players from mexico)... and well i lost against K-no =( , so the final was ''K-no vs javi'', and javi won...
vena and i didnt fight for the 3rd place... thats why i dont really know if i got the 3rd or 4rth...
anyway.. yea i think in this1 i placed high... most of the hitmen crew did..

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Good job. Did you manage to get any vids from the tourney? (btw, that says something about your skill, something positive.)

Top Bottom