• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
such a shame i won't be able to make this. i've a week-long briefing which i should be in melbourne for. but i'll be in sydney the days before the tournament if people want friendlies
Darn it! -_-

Yodha

Smash Cadet
21st? Cool, will be there! Been a while since BAM.

Atm getting phone screen replaced, sat on it in classes last night. Didn't think my weight would actually have any effect on a Samsung S2 Gorilla Glass Screen >_>

Gords

Smash Champion
so is anyone able to give me a lift to the station around 6:30pm this weekend, I havent been able to find a swap for sundays shift. If someone gives me a lift to the station i will come and enter into the amateur bracket. mainly looking at ZXV or invisi hear, thanks

Gords

Smash Champion
venue to mascot 5min, venue to central 1-15min depending on traffic, times are one way only. if i get a lift to central i can stay longer by about 40 min, leaving about 7pm-ish, otherwise i will be leaving intime to catch a train that gets me to central by about 7pm

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Standard call out for whoever wants a lift from Redfern on Sunday morning. Reply here to make sure I wait for you. Be at Redfern by 10:30.

I'd have no problem giving you a lift in the evening either Gords. I guess we'll just see who's not playing tourney matches when you want to go.

Also, which room are we in this time? The usual room, or the new one we were in last tourney?

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Probably going to get there around 12.45.

Sign me up for brawl singles and doubles if they haven't started then please!

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I had a nice time as always. Really cool to have finished 1st in Melee singles and doubles and 2nd in Project M. YAAAAYYY!!! ^_^

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Myself, Toby and Andrew will all be attending. You better bring yer A games
Liam best troll AU.

Anyway, I had a good time. I think I've been getting too caught up with winning/losing recently, and it's been hindering my ability to actually just enjoy the day. So now I'm just focussing on improving and having fun. Seems to be working so far =)

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament. It was kinda nice having less people since there were more games. Pity we didn't have that many Wiis. People should be bothered to take their Wiis next time. It's not that much effort.

Ted/whoever, do you think you could have more tournaments on Saturdays? Last time we had a Saturday, there was a good turnout (if you're looking for numbers). I'm usually busier on Sundays as are maybe a few others as well, and people don't want to have to go to sleep super late on Sunday night before work or uni (or school) the next day. Just a suggestion; it doesn't really matter.

Also Luke is amazing. My initial impression from smashboards was skewed because you know..., so I was pleasantly surprised when he turned out to be quite a nice guy and pretty cool as well. :)

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Could someone post the results soon, please? I wanna see how everyone did. ^_^

:phone:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Results as far as I remember:

Melee Singles:
1. RJ
2. Imperfect
3. Ted
4. Joe
5. Luke

Melee Doubles:
1. Imperfect + RJ
2. Joe + Luke
3. Ted + Ricky
4. Ikill + Invisi

Brawl Singles:
1. Ted
2(a). Random guy who walked in and start rolling a joint next to Patv in loser's finals
2(b). Luke
3. Patv

Project M Singles:
1. Ted
2. RJ
3. Luke?

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Sounds right so far. I'm pretty sure Luke got 3rd in project M. I think Ricky came in 4th on that one, and then I'm not sure about the rest.

We'll have to wait for Ted I guess to put it all up.

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yo guys, so it looks like i'll be flying in to Sydney early december. Can't do anything early/mid January... so would you guys be up for something in late december or late January? :o

I'm still unsure but I might be busy on some december weekends so i'll have to check on that too. that can come later haha.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My thoughts on who's going to win the next Sydney Project M tournament:

1. Bowser main
2. Bowser main
3. Zxv
4. Bowser main
5. Ted
6. Invisi using Bowser
7. Liam using Ike
8. Shaya

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys random question (didn't know where else to ask this) but how active is the Melee scene in Sydney? Is it about the same as the Brawl scene?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Did you not notice the melee tournaments that run alongside the brawl tournaments at the same venue? The scenes are pretty much the same thing. Brawl is slightly larger since not everyone plays melee, but melee still has a good presence at the tournies

Arokasi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I haven't shown up to a tourney in a couple of years. The last one i went to was the one where M2K showed up. I'm getting the itch to play again.

So is this tourney still at Mascot (same place as Boost)?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Did you not notice the melee tournaments that run alongside the brawl tournaments at the same venue? The scenes are pretty much the same thing. Brawl is slightly larger since not everyone plays melee, but melee still has a good presence at the tournies
Ahk cool. I wasn't sure if the Melee event at that tourney I went to was a one-off or not.

Top Bottom