• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Elysium's Sydney Tournaments: TITLE TOO LAZY TO EDIT - TED

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Hey guys, I haven't shown up to a tourney in a couple of years. The last one i went to was the one where M2K showed up. I'm getting the itch to play again.

So is this tourney still at Mascot (same place as Boost)?
Yes, the tournies are still held at Mascot. To my knowledge, the next one is yet to be organised.

6. Invisi using Bowser
But Shaya, however will I win Project M without my broken character and random spikes from Neutral B?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes, the tournies are still held at Mascot. To my knowledge, the next one is yet to be organised.
I'm desperately hanging out for a large regional or maybe even a major.

Oh but, guys... my wii won't turn on. This is so unfair, I was actually feeling good enough to beat a few people this time... i can actually do stuff now. Anyway, the reason for this wii-not-working is as follows and may not be permanent:

Okay guys, i'm sorry, power went out again. This time it went out all night. 47 degree heat (celcius) and no air con? I can't believe I actually went to sleep. Looked in the fridge the next morning and any ice cream we once had was sludge. Things that were fresh... weren't anymore. Cold water? DENIED.

Anyway, on a related note, I accidentally left the wii on while the transformer went nuts, fluctuating power on and off. I know the TV was okay but now that the power is fine my wii won't turn on. I'm desperately hoping for one of the following things:

a. It wasn't a surge but only static charge building up in the wii with the power fluctuations and that the wii will reset its fuse (assuming it has that mechanism?)
b. The wii has some kind of surge protector with which I can wait for a week to connect it back to power.
c. In a bad scenario, only the power cable was damaged rather than the wii itself and that's all i need to find a replacement for, or
d. in a worst case scenario, wii-U can support wii games/new wii is cheap because I have no intention to stop playing Brawl competitively.

D is bad because I want my memory back for several things but I suppose it's do-able. I'm desperately hoping it's either a. or b. because I don't want perma damage to the wii and I want to stay sharp for a possible major tournament in my region sometime around the new year.

Thoughts? Do you guys know of any protective systems for the wii? What advice can you offer? So far i'm leaving the wii totally unplugged for a week and will try it again in a week's time. My hope stems from the fact that in the original power fluctuations it was still turning off and on, like the TV for quite a lot of the night.

Man I so hope it will be okay. Didn't think i'd worry so much but i'm freaking out about this when I know I shouldn't... Uhuhu. >.<
* The quote is slightly changed for a certain reason but nothing important. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I guess i'm going falco against you next tournament then invisi....

LOL, pffft. Lucas all the way! :p

Invisi, you were mostly busy last tournament I attended...we have to have more friendlies next time!

cheese619

Smash Ace
Luco, I was talking about Melee and P:M Falco, Invisi gets lots of brawl Falco practice because of Lux.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
But what does it matter, falco in Brawl is good too right? >.>
Melee Falco is deadlier. If we were to pit Melee Falco against Brawl Falco, Melee Falco would just **** Brawl Falco.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhhh the word pit actually makes sense there...
...Yeah, I know, but I just thought it was funny given the context of a Pit main talking about Falco.

Ah, don't worry about it.

Keen for next weekend.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Melee Falco against Brawl Falco would have melee falco get camped to death, imo.
you say that like melee falco can't do everything brawl falco can, but faster, and more. brawl falco would be beat at his own game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
double lasers and broken side b is broken.
Jab that would be completely safe on opposing falco's shield. Spot dodge being fantastic against MF's pressure.
Depends on how you interpret mechanics.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
i kinda feel like double lasers is moot when mf can laser almost as fast anyway and in general is way more dynamic and mobile with lasers. i don't know much about side b but why not just laser that **** lol?

interpreting mechanics is a pretty interesting point. if mf gets buffering then he gets guaranteed (i think?) shieldbreaks with multishine lerl.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i kinda feel like double lasers is moot when mf can laser almost as fast anyway and in general is way more dynamic and mobile with lasers. i don't know much about side b but why not just laser that **** lol?

interpreting mechanics is a pretty interesting point. if mf gets buffering then he gets guaranteed (i think?) shieldbreaks with multishine lerl.
buffer would be hillarious, guaranteed sheild break upon hitting a single shine

melee falco would win easy, the sheer mobility would mean camping is not really an option. if falco had his jump heights from melee and it was any stage thats not fd it would be pretty silly.

depends on the mechanics but brawls mechanics helps melee falco heaps

dont forget melee falco can sit in reflector, campings not really going to work?

man work is boring

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
buffer would be hillarious, guaranteed sheild break upon hitting a single shine
Yep, that would suck

melee falco would win easy, the sheer mobility would mean camping is not really an option. if falco had his jump heights from melee and it was any stage thats not fd it would be pretty silly.
BF is a slightly larger frame / bigger hitboxes than MF. But you're right that MF could probably run away extreeeemely well. BF can cover half the length of smashville with multiple hitboxes at around 9 frames though.

depends on the mechanics but brawls mechanics helps melee falco heaps
Well if Brawl Falco can air dodge out of hitstun, while Melee Falco cannot there's a huge advantage given to a slower character. I can tell you (from fun hijynx of project m character files thrown into 'regular brawl') that a character with a frame advantage on jab and close to on things like dash attack/utilt on BRAWL characters probably would result in stupid things like 1 hit = smash 64 (you know, like dash attack cancelled into upsmash will probably combo into 50 utilts). How shield hits work is the confusing part, because Melee hits produce more shield stun, and brawl hits produce less shield stun then it probably evens out (maybe even better for Melee Falco). But if a hit on shield was similar to their game origins (like Brawl Falco having 6 frame oos options) and a melee character being ****ed in shield, then a brawl character gains another advantage. Also power shielding over both games goes towards Brawl, where the window is 3 frames and cancels all shield stun, but it wouldn't reflect lasers back.

One thing that could mean death for BF is that low knockback hits aren't regular DIable (although brawl smash di crap may be able to save him), so at low percents or on certain moves (like shine) there's no DI coming from Brawl Falco. Hit stun values between both games are actually very similar, just Brawl lets you cancel hit stun.

dont forget melee falco can sit in reflector, campings not really going to work?
BF has a projectile that would hit falco out of a reflector (i.e., Falco's ranged shine would hit Falco in his shine). In a "shoot lasers and let's reflect them back" situation, I'd probably put that on BF, maybe not though, but he would if he was able to jump cancel like Wolf/Fox in brawl do if projectiles hit their reflectors.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
it would be a tech chase throw like sheiks landing in front of him. Mf would always have di though but i'd be guessing follow ups would always be there. At best for bf, mf couldn't di down to tech so he'd be susceptible to regrabs for as long/bit longer than regular

:phone:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
it would be a tech chase throw like sheiks landing in front of him. Mf would always have di though but i'd be guessing follow ups would always be there. At best for bf, mf couldn't di down to tech so he'd be susceptible to regrabs for as long/bit longer than regular

:phone:
The other thing is too Melee characters experience longer hitstun if I recall correctly, but that'd be hard to factor in.

Top Bottom