• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

Splice

Smash Hero
put the twitch link in your account details in your smashboards profile and it will be viewable on the front page of smashboards

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
So are we getting rid of PKMN Stadium 1 and Skyloft in favour of Dracula's Castle and Distant Planet on the PM stage list? At the meet the other day this was a topic of great discussion; the two new stages offer more diverse counterpicks and certain other tournaments in the US have started to switch to this ruleset as well.

Last edited:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'm happy to trial Dracula at this stage, unsure of distant planet at the moment, I'll decide through the week

Last edited:

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Hey sydney friends, I'm going to be in town 19-22 of June. Would love to meet up and play some melee

YamYam

Smash Rookie
I planning on bring a wii with melee and P:M on it, but the problem is I only have component cables for the wii. Does any know if any of the crts there will have component inputs?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I planning on bring a wii with melee and P:M on it, but the problem is I only have component cables for the wii. Does any know if any of the crts there will have component inputs?
Some of them do. I use component as well as I will be recording matches with my box. I'll be bringing a second composite input cable just in case though, you can use it if there's not a second TV that supports component.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hope to see you all tomorrow! Bring set ups if you're able to.

What I'm thinking instead of having crews, we have a timeslot dedicated to MMs and Salty exhibitions. Gives more people incentive to stick around a bit longer.

So far the only MM I'm aware of is Joe vs RJ which should be pretty hype. Anyone else keen for salty runbacks against people? :p

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
i think amature crews would be better, with ted and zxv team captains/coaches

LocktheChest

Smash Cadet
NNID
LocktheChest
Had a great time at the Tournement! Thank you all for being so friendly and giving me advice on how I can improve. It says a lot that despite the fact I was getting destroyed, I was still having fun. 10/10 would attend again!

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Had a great time at the tournament. Can't wait till next time. That 9 into Roy's counter though...

:gw::roypm:

Last edited:

cheese619

Smash Ace
Good tournament, thanks to zxv for running stuff and Cal for organising things.

Congrats to RJ on the win.
Shoutouts to everyone I played, thanks for the games.
Cal v RJ was ridiculously hype, RJ pulled 4 stitch-faces in 2 games GG

A C T B O Y S

unreon

Smash Ace
One of the funner tournaments I've been to recently, largely because of the increasing numbers we're attracting.

Congrats RJ, when I saw your set with ZXV I knew you could go all the way! Somehow recently you've been getting even better O:
Good work to Cal and Zero who destroyed me out of the bracket; I need to step up my game to get Top 4 next time.
Fun Falco dittos with Joe, Red Falco is Evil Falco.
The new breed of smashers are getting real good real fast, keep improving and you'll earn a spot in the PR!

unreon

Smash Ace
Also shoutouts to Vincent, I don't know your gamerhandle sadly. But cool Samus dude! Your Samus is pretty clever and throws out Big Shots at very unconventional times. I was certainly surprised by a lot of it.

(also those going-for-gold meteor smashes were so delicious)

Sorry I used Fox in the very last match of the set, but it's a testament to how actually nervous I was playing your Samus with Link, heh.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
It was a fun one indeed. I haven't scored a 1st place finish in a while, well in singles at least. Teams was fun as well. The one thing I remembered from playing Melee teams yesterday that I personally enjoyed was comboing a stitchface into an Up-air for the kill, although I can't remember who I did it to. Anyway, it's always nice to see new faces emerging at every tournament. I hope you guys will come back and join us again.

Vincent Tenia

Smash Rookie
Also shoutouts to Vincent, I don't know your gamerhandle sadly. But cool Samus dude! Your Samus is pretty clever and throws out Big Shots at very unconventional times. I was certainly surprised by a lot of it.

(also those going-for-gold meteor smashes were so delicious)

Sorry I used Fox in the very last match of the set, but it's a testament to how actually nervous I was playing your Samus with Link, heh.

Thank you, I don't get many chances to play good players, and I guess my experience against my borther's link really helped, since your play was so similar to his. Your fox though... Man, I've only played against a super fast technical fox *once* before so I was totally lost at what to do. I suspect I need more patience in my game. All in all the tourney was great and I hope I can join the next one too.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
I just noticed you misspelt Gords's name to Grods lol. Grorden Granger aka G.G sounds hilarious when I pronounce it.
it wasnt a typo Cal, it is a reference from the 2012 zelda marathon, which i am not happy about and should report that post.
I am also not happy about Grorden Granger either, and should report that as well.
but I am a nice guy so I will let it slide this time.

also FYI Cal my name isnt Gorden

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Winning PM records against
Joe, Aki, Paulie and Scrubs?

#StillSeededAgainstTedFirstRoundOfMelee[technically]

Need to learn an easy Ivy counter.

Last edited:

PaulieProcket

Smash Cadet
Winning PM records against
Joe, Aki, Paulie and Scrubs?

#StillSeededAgainstTedFirstRoundOfMelee[technically]

Need to learn an easy Ivy counter.

Did you try Marth? I used to play him a bit and found him to be one of the relatively better characters in the matchup, like fast fall fairing the razor leaves and doing marth stuff lol, also are the results posted for this? Wish I coulda turned up, definitely coming next time.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Pls post results Cal or Zxv or whoever has them =]
Sorry it's taking a while, I'm getting errors in TIO. I'll get in contact with Bryte or someone more familar with the program.

In the meantime from the Top of my head..

Melee Singles Top 8

1st RJ
2nd Ted
3rd ZXV
4th Joe
5th Cal
5thAki
7th Unreon
7th Liam

PM Singles Top 8

1st Ted
2nd ZXV