• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

Zero

Smash Hero
I was just joking around

Try Snake or Zero Suit Samus, I don't know about the rest.
I personally attempt to learn ZSS but she's quite hard to pick up, so if you're put off by that quality for a secondary you should try Snake, Snake is (while still hard to learn) easier to learn then ZSS

Yup time to ZSS.
Zero teach me everything for ZSS
Strap in, it's one helluva ride.

Toby.

Smash Master
Attila its up to you I suppose. My apartment is about 10-15 minutes from the airport (extremely close to shayas place), whilst teds is further away. The upside to chillin with ted is that his house is much closer to the tournament itself.

Anyway I'll double check with ma room mates and let you know for sure tomorrow whether its cool for you to stay here.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
P.S. Luke, you made me lol. Brush up on what a fallacy is.
:) oh shaya, you make us all lol.

I love how you tell me to stop blaming others for my fallacys (this word has been used far too much lately)
and then make up a fallacy of your own, which was that I'm too stupid to learn therefore the teacher is bad, then try to pass it off as mine when it was you who said it from your perspective, which is basically blaming me for it, making you a hypocrite, and then you tell me to brush up on what it is. wow, your pretty good at this arnt you?

you really make my day everyday shaya, thats at least one thing your good at, so keep at it ;)

anyways ted, are we still having an NTSC melee bracket at your tourney?

Zero

Smash Hero
:D

One day of SSE should get you all the characters, and all legal stages are standard, besides Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar methinks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Luke, may I use a word you like to throw out from time to time, 'convoluted' (changing the context and trying to spin away from the topic). In essence that's all you've done to this.

You say I'm a bad teacher, I say you're stupid.
You started off with a fallacy "shaya would [be worth taking lessons from], if he was a good teacher".
"Shaya would [be worth taking lessons from], if [Luke] wasn't stupid". Two perspectives of the same argument. One's obviously a fallacy as the reasoning doesn't justify the conclusion (why would anyone be worth taking lessons from if they're a bad teacher, a paradox!), the other however does not - simple logic.

Ergo (because neither of us decided to give proof to either of the previous conclusions) I, based on the initial fallacy, resolved that your state of mind is based on the notion "That because I'm too stupid to learn, the person is a bad teacher". I did not blame the fallacy on you, I blamed you for being stupid for indirectly having that notion. Perspective? Only that "You're stupid" or "I'm a bad teacher", which the latter was thrown away quite early.

~

Also, I heard that Tibs, CAO and Atilla cannot seperate themselves from eachother and must stay near eachother always q_q. Probably easier that way though.

Throwback

Smash Lord
You started off with a fallacy "shaya would [be worth taking lessons from], if he was a good teacher".
"Shaya would [be worth taking lessons from], if [Luke] wasn't stupid". Two perspectives of the same argument. One's obviously a fallacy as the reasoning doesn't justify the conclusion (why would anyone be worth taking lessons from if they're a bad teacher, a paradox!), the other however does not - simple logic.
uh...logic fail. You would be worth taking lessons from because you're a good player.

It's obvious but you ignored it because it didn't suit your argument.

Also - luke's opinion of you is that you're a bad teacher. You should know that opinion can't be wrong, since it's subjective.

what a stupid argument, I hope you guys are just trolling.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

Orgasmic connotations from "stuck together" & "easier that way".

P.S. I hate fighting; Luke on the other hand has mentioned he loves it. He just needs something new to keep him occupied. A twisted circle jerk that goes no where *sigh*

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
They're not trolling, they're just Ice Climbers!

D0N said:
Hey EA when are you gonna upload matches?
Since I'm capped, they'll be up on YouTube either, 1) when I go to someone's house and they let me **** their internet for uploading lols matches, or 2) on the 22nd when I'm uncapped again. I'll do the actual recording sometime today, uploading whenever I get the chance.

Attila said:
that makes me completely available again
Yo, I'll team with you if you want. IC+IC ****, plus Snake+MK gay, what could go wrong? Although, if you do want to team with me, don't expect 1st or anything, I'm such a terrible doubles partner as many can attest. :p

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
why would scoots opinion matter?...oh and hai guys...first day of exams today...il try to get to some meets or what not after they finish

D0N

Smash Ace
They're not trolling, they're just Ice Climbers!

Since I'm capped, they'll be up on YouTube either, 1) when I go to someone's house and they let me **** their internet for uploading lols matches, or 2) on the 22nd when I'm uncapped again. I'll do the actual recording sometime today, uploading whenever I get the chance.
What does it mean to be "capped?"

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Yo, I'll team with you if you want. IC+IC ****, plus Snake+MK gay, what could go wrong? Although, if you do want to team with me, don't expect 1st or anything, I'm such a terrible doubles partner as many can attest. :p
we'll team then, since no one else is putting up their hands. dw, well do awesomely, itll be a repeat of autumn lansmash (my team placed 2nd even though my teammate came equal last in singles). although without norfair it could be a little difficult... we'll have to talk strategy later :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Attila - Sweet, let's rock this tourney hardcore then. :)

D0N - In Australia we have download limits for each month, when you've downloaded more than your quota your internet goes super-slow, like dialup 24kbps slow. That's what being capped is. As you could probably tell, this makes things like uploading large files like videos a nightmare, what with the constant timing out and restarting. :p

I hear America has something like this, except you're charged extra per month if you exceed the limit as opposed to having your speed cut down.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was chatting to ted on MSN today, bringing up something from yonder when I constructed that ruleset (that was used at Hunter Valley 1), was to also construct a doubles rule set that was a stark contrast to the singles, mostly in stages.

Because
1. Doubles is not taken as the same serious level as singles are (no prizes for it, community's feel for it).
2. There are quite a wide array of stages that are not really suitable for being legal in singles, but their 'bad' tendancies are leveled out by the game being in teams.

Stages like norfair, green greens, etc etc - many stages which are illegal here because of the camping, stalling or running away factors or "gay infinite" factors are not so bad in teams, I'm sure most can agree.

The larger diversity in stages adds to team strategies rather than team player's individual skill.

Plus ted notes some of the MK/Snake strategies, which could be reason enough to ban the pair meta knight and snake in doubles.
Also doubles needs the addition of specific port rules (Loser can counterpick port) IF we were to keep MK/Snake legal.

blah blah blah

Ted may be up for having the ruleset used on the 23rd, so fun times.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
someone please tell me these mk/snake strategies, cause ive never seen them team together. is it that much ****?

thumbs up for norfair in teams :D

D0N

Smash Ace
EA - I dont know if its the same in America, I never uploaded anything. Thanks for explaining.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
D0N said:
What does it mean to be "capped?"
To add a tiny bit more from what EA said: From what my friend in Jamerica tells me, we pay the same for 12gig, as they do for like 150gig. And he doesn't get capped nor charged extra when he goes over his cap. Last few months he's downloaded like ~750gig, the internet company called him, and said they'd ban him for a year unless he stopped going over the limit, (was downloading blurays and stuff). Capped can also be called "shaping" or "throttling".

And that's my amusing anecdote.

--
Late shout out things from EA's meet:

@Ea: Thanks for hosting, was good to verse not the computer for the first time in a few months. Had lotsof fun, sorry i left before the mini-tourney thing. Also, iceclimber chaingrabs arn't nice :(.

@Ted: Good few games we played against each other, and in teams. starting to think u might not hate me, haha.

@Gopo: Nice to meet you Gopo, you were heaps good considering that was your first proper meet. hope u figure out who u want to main, its never to late to change, i change like every 2 weeks :dizzy:, lets hope i stay with peach, cause everyone knows, peachies got it.

@Scoot: Your rages at Ilag were pretty hilarious, we didn't really play much, i think u should pick a character and stick to it, haha. Also, you should have saved those awesome link combo things u pulled off. Glad you were impressed with my turnip slide pulling thingy :p. Next time don't turn down the melee tv so much, honestly scoot, tsk tsk.

@Ilag: Your response to me in your shoutout made no sense, haha, unless your comparing my current peach, to that one time like a week ago, when i started playing her, when i had no tripping code on, and i apparently killed myself 3 times in wifi, haha. Your metaknight is pretty great, i think u should show us what this scar combo is finally, also start using your kirby, and speaking with some sort of expression or emotion. Also some of the things u said were way too hilarious, also when u made scoot rage, or when u had 3 kills on me when we teamed together. Always fun times.

@Fakemin (Paul?): I think your dash dancing is much too quick, and u should slow down haha, interested to see who u finally decide to use in brawl, wish id gotten to verse you in melee :(.

@D0N: Nice to (kindof) meet you :). Was interested to see just how lost you got in quakers, everyone just kind of ignored you when u got inside, when u were trying to tell us about it, lol :(. Next time hopefully I'll verse or see your DK, sucks i left so soon after u got there.

@Tom: Didn't play u much, cept in friendly teams, pretty sure your Kirby ***** one of my stocks pretty hard. Was nice to meet you briefly. Also, thanks for bringing your wii, haha. Next time i think we need to organise it so the people who live like 30minutes away (Ilag/Scoot/Me) bring their wii, and not the person who travels 5 hours, hahaha.

Best part of the day (when i was there):
*Ilag playing metaknight against teds wolf*, "Ilag: this matchup is impossible for metaknight to win", *rage quits*, "i need someone who i can play where i can outcamp you" *picks wolf*, *game starts*, *10 seconds later* *ilag on 60%, ted on 0%* *ilag ragequits* *choses dedede* *game starts* *...* *ilag gets 2 stocked*....

This is much too much writing, im sorry :dizzy:.

Zero

Smash Hero
Attila - Sweet, let's rock this tourney hardcore then. :)

D0N - In Australia we have download limits for each month, when you've downloaded more than your quota your internet goes super-slow, like dialup 24kbps slow. That's what being capped is. As you could probably tell, this makes things like uploading large files like videos a nightmare, what with the constant timing out and restarting. :p

I hear America has something like this, except you're charged extra per month if you exceed the limit as opposed to having your speed cut down.
I also heard that their standard plan is like...400gb :_:

@Shaya: I completely agree.

I LAG

Smash Lord
teds wolf = most impossible thing to beat ever
how can the wario match up be 50/50 while the wolf match up is 65/35 IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
I get 2gbs.
I'm soo jealous
T_T

I use the zss today.
Stun is soo sexy.
I like.
I practice via training mode / computers.
I'm very sad...

tibs7

Smash Champion
dude Ilag you obviouly arent playing cheap enough......and you arent gimping his crap recovery every time he's off the edge.

I LAG

Smash Lord
u mean wolfs PRO recovery
when i played wolf i never got gimped by AMERICAN metas except for when i got to far under the stage and had to use my up-b.
i would like to see teds mk gimp my wolf

Zero

Smash Hero
I get 2gbs.
I'm soo jealous
T_T

I use the zss today.
Stun is soo sexy.
I like.
I'm very sad...
Next tournament I go to, if you're there, I'll train you in the ways of the Zero.

I won't teach you my super secret technique that everyone else in the scene knows, though. You don't want it.

AdmiralComrade

Smash Journeyman
I get 2gbs.
I'm soo jealous
T_T

I use the zss today.
Stun is soo sexy.
I like.
I'm very sad...
Well training mode/ computers isnt bad to get the feel of the character =P i mean thats what i did to test new characters and try new things =D

That or.. im also sad.. =( oh... how depressing T.T

Zero

Smash Hero
I've been playing against CPUs a lot lately, in order to try and perfect my spacing, as well as practicing hitting the tiny chracters out of SH.

I haven't been able to play smash with a person for weeks x_x

Top Bottom