• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

D0N

Smash Ace
So if I do well at this tourney, will I be considered for interstate crews at Rocky?

tedeth

Smash Master
Ok. To clarify a few things.

We actually have the venue untill 9pm, which means we want to try to finish a bit before 9.

Both doubles will be first, because singles with pools can run alongside eachother more smoothly than say, 1 pool and 1 double elim running at the same time. Since brawl takes longer we will start brawl doubles first. After a couple of rounds of brawl doubles we will switch half of the TVs to melee and start melee doubles. Singles will start as soon as there are a couple of free TVs, so in the last couple of rounds of doubles basically.

Singles will be pools of about 5 or 6, depending on the attendace/TVs. The pools will be seeded by the Western Sydney rankings, but OoSers will be seeded highly anyway to avoid silly things happening. My intention is to run a top 16 bracket. The top 2 from each pool will automatically qualify, with any remaining spots going to the players with the highest win percentage who weren't in the top 2 of their pool. This could change based on numbers.

WE NEED MORE TVs AND WIIS! PLEASE BRING SOMETHING!

tibs7

Smash Champion
sif OoSers get seeded higher, i wanna knock shaya out in pools =).
and ill bring a wii.

tedeth

Smash Master
Because doubles is taken a bit less seriously it's more enjoyable to have the main events last. Doubles would be a bit of a downer affer the exciting singles final.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Would it be arguable that having both melee and brawl doubles is not that worthwhile, as both are not taken as seriously as singles?

Well, maybe not this time around, having CAO here, and I think unreon, pat and stuey would be showing up too?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no way, doubles are so much more fun then singles and a good way to warm up, you cant take doubles away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways ted no silfa's wii wasn't included so atm it looks like Canberra will be bringing 3 tv's and 4 wii's.
cmon Sydney step it up (uggh, sonic... why cant you be cool like you were in the 90's)

also I'm bringing a gamecube too if that helps

Zero

Smash Hero
Would it be arguable that having both melee and brawl doubles is not that worthwhile, as both are not taken as seriously as singles?

Well, maybe not this time around, having CAO here, and I think unreon, pat and stuey would be showing up too?
I think that with the apparent TV shortage, it would be a wise course of action to take.

But I'm biased, taking my situation into account. I wanna be able to play fully through Brawl singles before leaving. :<

D0N

Smash Ace
Is doubles taken less seriously cuz there is no payout or something? just curious.

Also, should we be done with brawl by 5:00? And how far are the train stations?

D0N

Smash Ace
Nevermind how the question about how far the stations are, I checked the front page

tedeth

Smash Master
YOU CANT TAKE MELEE DOUBLES OUT!!!
i've been practicing my kirbys suicide throw :)
There will be doubles for both games. Your Kirby suicide is stupid.

Is doubles taken less seriously cuz there is no payout or something? just curious.

Also, should we be done with brawl by 5:00? And how far are the train stations?
There's no way brawl will be done by 5. Hopefully will be done by like 8 if we're lucky lol.

But if Pat shows up, there's gotta be a TV dedicated to me, pat and S.D playing brawl+

(lol)
No.

D0N

Smash Ace
Well in that case, I will need housing for sunday as well and leave early morning (VERY early). The last bus from Lithgow leaves at 7:20 and I would have to be on a train by 5:00 - 5:10.

tibs7

Smash Champion
the point of singles being last is that doubles is a warmup...is that right?

Zero

Smash Hero
I don't want to have to leave during singles because of time restrictions. I'm sure many people are the same. As singles is the main attention drawing event, I really think it should be held first. As people leave, so do TVs, and having singles running late, while people are leaving, slows it down even more. Considering there aren't many TVs here in the first place, I really do think singles should be first.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
doubles would be better off first, however if there is a time constriction having them last is quite acceptable and a much better option to not having them at all

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to have to leave during singles because of time restrictions. I'm sure many people are the same. As singles is the main attention drawing event, I really think it should be held first. As people leave, so do TVs, and having singles running late, while people are leaving, slows it down even more. Considering there aren't many TVs here in the first place, I really do think singles should be first.
^ this.

If I'm going to be leaving early, I'd prefer to have played the singles, rather than the doubles. Why not have doubles second, so that the people who need to go, can go, without missing too much. Otherwise, people will be leaving during the singles. I'd prefer to not play doubles, than to miss out on finals.

tedeth

Smash Master
All time issues can br solved by the bringing of equipment.

If you own a wii, bring it.

If you are coming by car, bring as many TVs as your car will hold. If you still have room, bring someone else and their TV.

If you are coming by train and have a TV small enough to carry, bring it and you'll get picked up from the station.

Problem solved.

Zero

Smash Hero
If I can make it, I will definitely have my Wii. The smallest TV I have is 70cm so it's not really an option.

May I suggest that there be an official tournament codeset, which is restricted to infinite replays + tags, recoloured shields, textures and other aesthetic codes?

tedeth

Smash Master
Hear ye hear ye, I now proclaim the official rules to do with Textures!

If either player doesn't want textures on, they must be removed.

End of statement.

EDIT: Someone drive Shaya's TVs... and him I guess. :p

Top Bottom