• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Western Sydney Dramacraft: The home of drama!

D0N

Smash Ace
lol that crazy FD texteure I played you on Meteor... It was like watching a movie

Zero

Smash Hero
Was it Giygas Destination? I don't think I've played on it yet. But I'd so play on it.

ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness ness

feels good

D0N

Smash Ace
lol all those earthbound references. At least now I get why FD's background looked the way it did. I never paid any attention to it in earthbound. Is it pretty much the same background? All I remember is it was red. Guess that really wasn't a japanese symbol I saw in FDs background lol.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Only textures that were complaint-worthy were FD, Halberd and Battlefield (which has already been replaced since)

I've taken out all of the irritatingly loud and annoying music tracks as well. ( with the exception of Meta Knight's victory theme. ;) )

D0N: Yes it's the same backround patterns, though there are a few extra things that occur (like the Ness/Paula sprite becoming gorified at some point)

I sent a message to BigSharkZ, who made the texture, requesting he remake it with a more visible physical stage. =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Exactly as ted says, Halberd made my blindness totally uber bad mandawg.
Still the stary sky in it is quite beautifal.

And I just want to play on Meteor's wii with meta knight. The joy of beating people with MK on that TV will be excuse enough to actually use MK (to everyone who'd be like BAWWW).

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Exactly as ted says, Halberd made my blindness totally uber bad mandawg.
Still the stary sky in it is quite beautifal.
I've replaced Milky Way Wishes Halberd as well now. It's much less appealing, but much more playable.

FD, I'll probably keep. If people dont like it, dont use the SD card when playing on my wii. Its quite easy. =P

I think Toby will also enjoy playing on my wii with the more recent alterations. :D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
doubles has to come first. its a warm up for singles, since no one cares about winning it and everyone is rubbish at smash for the first few games...

just in general, i hate texture hacks in tournys. i find them rather distracting, espc when once wishes to use ice climbers (its often difficult to tell instantaneously which is which when youre not completely used to a texture).

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
doubles has to come first. its a warm up for singles, since no one cares about winning it and everyone is rubbish at smash for the first few games...
What's the point of a warm up, if people have to leave for the main event?

Like, imagine I make it to the finals
as if that'll even happen =P
and I have to leave early, then I don't get to participate in the finals. I'd prefer to play in the finals, without a warm up, than to play doubles and miss out on the finals.

Anyway, that's my 5c worth.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Arr the old "two games in one day" problem that continually arises as time goes on.

It's very feasible for brawl and melee to run and finish before this round-about cut off point that various people have (5pm).

If the tournament were to start early... like 9/10am; enough tvs, and announcing of matches with a loudspeaker of sorts..

all would be possible.

As what I can presume, a majority of attendees going -for- melee have a wider array of travelling options, and less kids needing to go home early for school.

Focussing on Brawl for many hours before hand could be the best scheduling resolution.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
how long can it take to do something like this? if melbourne can finish by 5 and have more people show up, you guys can too. ask usain bolt to run a 100m without a warmup and he'll laugh in your face. realistically this isnt any different.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i actually did want doubles first for warmup, but now that you mention pools being a warmup i kinda do agree with you boys. mmmmm interesting, very interesting.

Gords

Smash Champion
how long can it take to do something like this? if melbourne can finish by 5 and have more people show up, you guys can too. ask usain bolt to run a 100m without a warmup and he'll laugh in your face. realistically this isnt any different.
um... according to your STIGMA-B thread your schedule have you running 3 events and finishing at 8pm.

Arr the old "two games in one day" problem that continually arises as time goes on.

It's very feasible for brawl and melee to run and finish before this round-about cut off point that various people have (5pm).

If the tournament were to start early... like 9/10am; enough tvs, and announcing of matches with a loudspeaker of sorts..

all would be possible..
I very much doubt this will happen, even though i do agree it is feasible. at least for this event. However with an estimated attendance at about 30 using any more than 16 TVs will be unpractacle as that would mean there are less than 2 people to a TV.
It seams we are only 4 TVs and 6 Wiis short of this many set ups.

As what I can presume, a majority of attendees going -for- melee have a wider array of travelling options, and less kids needing to go home early for school.

Focussing on Brawl for many hours before hand could be the best scheduling resolution.
i also agree with this, maybe those who need to leave early should post there estimated departure time as well as their game of choice.
That way we can get a rough idea of when set ups are going to be dissapearing and can account for that. Also adjust the schedule to suit.

So far from the feedback i say running brawl before melee as shaya mentioned.
as in start with brawl doubles,
start pools as doubles finish up,
then Brawl brackets.
start melee pools as brawl bracket is going
then continue melee pools.
then either...
run melee doubles before melee bracket
or melee bracket before melee doubles.

what are people's opinions?

Gords

Smash Champion
Melee won't be pushed back.

It just means melee singles will start first aswell.
why wont you push melee back for this tourney when all your other tourneys have had brawl play first then melee.

your usual schedule has been
brawl doubles
melee doubles
brawl pools to brackets
finishing on melee pools and bracket

EDIT: just read my post, i dont mean to sound condisending, just curious really.

tedeth

Smash Master
The other ones have had the double elim running at the same time. Brawl starts a couple of rounds before melee because it takes longer.

If we have like 14 TVs, we can do 7 pools of each game and run pools at the same time with 1 TV per pool.

Gords

Smash Champion
That doesn't solve the whole "Wahhhh! I can't stay!" thing...
neither does running both games at the same time and having both run late.

If we have like 14 TVs, we can do 7 pools of each game and run pools at the same time with 1 TV per pool.
however running each game seperately with 7 pools of 4-5 and 14 TVs, 2 TVs per pool will probably work better and more efficiently. By doing this you keep each pool together which will probably avoid waiting around near the end of your pool for someone else to finish up a pool match in the other game.

each pool would work like this:

Pool of 4 players,
each match taking 20 min for brawl and 15min for melee

TV 1......................................... TV 2
P1 vs P2.................................. P3 vs P4
P1 vs P3.................................. P2 vs P4
P1 vs P4.................................. P2 vs P3

(and for the pools of 5 two more round will need to counted for)
this would end up as:

TV 1..........................................TV 2
P1 vs P3...................................P2 vs P4
P1 vs P5...................................P2 vs P3
P1 vs P2...................................P4 vs P5
P1 vs P4...................................P3 vs P5
P2 vs P5...................................P3 vs P4

we will have this situaution for both brawl and melee and these extra rounds can be played at the same time in between each game. so adding half an hour to account for this pools should be over within 2 hrs 15min (lets say 2.5hrs). By playing each game seperately giving each player in a pool a number and following this match scheldule should avoid wasting a lot of time waiting for someone else to finish a match in another pool which is a problem i notice everytime we play pools even for one game at a time.

Top Bottom