• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Wollongong Thread

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Canberra:
1 x Pal melee WII console
2xn64's for NTSC Smash 64
-controllers for those without (choice of horipad mini/normal n64)
3 tv's
3 people including myself
**** combos
recording equipment x3:
1xpc with usb capture
1xmini DVR
VCR

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I can probably bring 1 TV (haven't asked yet, but should be fine)

Bringing 3 friends, one of whom will bring his Wii with Brawl

escro

Smash Ace
bringing wii with brawl.

also id like to remind ppl that i desperately need a carpool. the whole public transport thing doesnt look like it will pull through unfortunately.
so seeing as its less than a week before the tourney....
please and thank you

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I wasn't planning to take people in the morning, but if you really need it I'll see what I can do. Anyone else driving?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Are you tired of losing to the same old characters that you shouldnt be?
are you sick and tired of getting beaten by the same old outdated 2009 metagame stratergies?
wishing you'd be able to kill at percents under 200?
sick of tired of having to pay attention to 3 different projectiles at once?

well now, with these few easy steps, you too can be on your way to becoming a snake eater!

step 1. make your opponent play metaknight.

step 2. beat him repeatedly with snake untill he complains that snake is the best character in the game

step 3. accept his challenge of using snake against you, you pick ike.

step 4. 3 stock him repeatedly and invite your friends over to do the same.

step 5. never see him at a tournament again :(
thats not how you kill hype, thats how you kill ilag :(
I miss that kid
Lol I totally forgot about this until you mentioned it was ILAG. Anyway he didn't quit because of this he had to do the HSC and he wasted too much time trolling everyone on the boards. ILAGs the best he'll be back, as long as MK isn't banned.

Gords

Smash Champion
Can't we play smash 64 with VC on wii? I really don't like the N64 controllers.

In response to driving down. I find out if I can drive on Wednesday. If I can drive and you have a chance for a lift escro. Where abouts do you live?

escro

Smash Ace
i live in baulkham hills, but i dont expect you to come right to my house and pick me up, so id be fine with like travelling to a station or something thats nearish to your house, something like that.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Can't we play smash 64 with VC on wii? I really don't like the N64 controllers.
yes, james was just stating what he was going to bring

hopefully however james will get his n64 > gc controller adapter working.

Gords

Smash Champion
Escro, I thought you lived around there. If I am able to drive there is a chance that I will be in the area anyway to collect scoot and EA (assuming they have completed SS to a satisfactory %). I could pick you up from your place no probs.
I will know for sure tomorrow afternoon

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So people are driving down from sydney on the day? Is there any room in any carsssss?

Alternatively, Liam, sorry about yesterday, and do you know what toby's doing yet?

swordsaint

Smash Master
im 37 hours in to Skyward sword and i imagine I'm nearly done with the main story. I don't really intend to over do my totally legal copy of the game so after I beat it I'll probably go play more FFX and wait until i can obtain another legitimate hard copy of the game.

that said, I'm interestedish in going, but really only if Gords drives. Who wants to team with me? You'll know tomorrow whether I'm going or not.

If I come, I can promise 1 Wii. MAYBE a TV if Gords drives us all the way home. (which idk if he will)

planetstereo

Smash Ace
So given that you all are coming does anyone else want to stay the night at my place? At the moment its just ikilly and gords who are staying but i can take several more i think as long as you bring bedding.....

I was keen to run pools in the tournament but with all the interest and increased numbers might have to scrap the idea - depending on how many setups we get....

Also, anyone know if Bryte is coming?

One last thing is i just want everyone to realise that this is the first tournament i have ever run so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be the best day it can be......

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
whats going on with this?

who's going?

what time does it start?

what are the tournaments?

entry fees?

etc etc help me out friends i cbf reading through 6 pages of gords talking about how he might be getting his P's

planetstereo

Smash Ace
whats going on with this?

who's going?

what time does it start?

what are the tournaments?

entry fees?

etc etc help me out friends i cbf reading through 6 pages of gords talking about how he might be getting his P's
see first page, its all there

@shaya: what is the name of the tournament program you use? is it downloadable for free? I have one but it isnt as good

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Okay, turns out I can offer 2 car spots. I'll be leaving from Strathfield station at 8:30am, so let me know if you're interested.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uhh, talked to one of my friends who has something on this weekend, and the other is doing work expo so i can't contact her. Basically it'll just be me and my brother.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Btw, with the schedule being so packed (me wanting to run pools) the way it is we might have to have some of the finals matches back at my house.......

Also, looking into bringing soft drinks and energy drinks to the tournament fro cost price :)
(aka $2 V-cans and $1 coke, solo etc)

Gords

Smash Champion
ok i will be driving, i propose the following plan

i finish work friday night 8pm,
Shaya if your still interested in a lift i could pick you up.
i go to western sydney then to pick up escro, scoot and possibly EA.
i then drive to stereo's place and we spend friday night there. Alternatively i could ask mum if we can stay at my place in campbelltown on friday night and leave for wollongong in the morning.

after the tourney i will drive home saturday dropping off people in western sydney first.

thoughts from all those involved?
scoot, EA, escro, shaya, stereo

planetstereo

Smash Ace
Could we just not have pools so we can finish on time. Want to go home before it gets too late.
Just run a mid tier tournament once the singles de bracket is somewhat under way :p
Lol, it was really just wishful thinking.....

ok i will be driving, i propose the following plan

i finish work friday night 8pm,
Shaya if your still interested in a lift i could pick you up.
i go to western sydney then to pick up escro, scoot and possibly EA.
i then drive to stereo's place and we spend friday night there. Alternatively i could ask mum if we can stay at my place in campbelltown on friday night and leave for wollongong in the morning.

after the tourney i will drive home saturday dropping off people in western sydney first.

thoughts from all those involved?
scoot, EA, escro, shaya, stereo
I wont be home till like 10pm on friday night, so if you arrive after that its fine, i can pm my address if you like.....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The problem with running final's matches at your house stereo is, if i wanted to watch, or on the extremely off chance that i got in to a finals (which i know i won't, but...), i think my mum would go absolutely crazy if i was going to someone else's house who she doesn't know.

planetstereo

Smash Ace
The problem with running final's matches at your house stereo is, if i wanted to watch, or on the extremely off chance that i got in to a finals (which i know i won't, but...), i think my mum would go absolutely crazy if i was going to someone else's house who she doesn't know.
Your mostly a brawl player yeah? brawl singles are up first so you will be able to see the finals :) .....

As for my place, it is fine, one of my roommates would play smash with us and the other i have already talked to so as long as we arent too loud he is fine with it....

Top Bottom