• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NU to OU: The Next Chapter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Actually Supermarth, a +2 Life Orb Extremespeed from Adamant Lucario on a typical 4 HP Rampardos deals only 49.7% - 58.3%.

In fact, just for fun I tried seeing what +6 Linoone would do - 85.7% - 100.9%. Not even that guarantees a OHKO. And Linoone is not going to be able to switch-in to Rampardos, much less setup a Belly Drum from it.

Rock / Ground and a base 70 or something Speed is all I'm asking.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Rock / Ground and a base 70 or something Speed is all I'm asking.

-Terywj
Good to see someone I can agree with.

I think people are forgetting what ****ING MOLDBREAKER STAB EQ FROM 165 BASE ATTACK can do.

It basically gets perfect coverage at this point, with the only things that don't get hit for at least neutral from the combination being Breloom and Torterra (or so I believe...that's just off the top of my head).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Tell me what this changes.
The extra speed means little to CB sets and Ground is only hurting it defensively and it doesn't even NEED Ground STAB to KO what it needs to with EQ.

Unless someone is going to bring up a 2HKO that is brought to an OHKO with this STAB.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It basically gets perfect coverage at this point, with the only things that don't get hit for at least neutral from the combination being Breloom and Torterra (or so I believe...that's just off the top of my head).
And Breloom would switch-in and get wrecked by Zen Headbutt. Rampardos carry it around for Machamp and Hairyama, so Breloom is no exception.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why Zen Headbutt when Ice Punch rounds off things more effeciently?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Because on Rock Polish / Swords Dance sets there's no room for Ice Punch.
Doesn't Zen Headbutt have more base power, too?

Choice sets would be different, running Earthquake / Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt / Fire Punch.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Ice Punch is unviable ONLY is a situation where STAB EQ happens, in which you're only hitting Flygon harder with it.

If Ground type happens they yeah ZButt > IPunch

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It's just nice to have tbh. And base 70 just makes it less obvious that you're trying to do something specific. Besides, weren't you the one who suggested moving Special Attack into Speed and reaching 70 base? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you were.

I'd love to know how many things it wouldn't benefit from with STAB EQ and Moldbreaker. The ability to hit levitators hard without having to worry about the shaky 80% accuracy it carries with all its Rock STAB options is a benefit all in itself. Offensive Latias, for instance, becomes a guaranteed OHKO w/o SR when running STAB. It can't net a OHKO otherwise, and thus you're forced to rely on Stone Edge or Head Smash if you don't want to be hit. The point of the STAB isn't to hit things hard when necessary as opposed to how it is now. It's to hit things hard ALL the time by focusing on the more stable and reliable EQ as opposed to the Stone Edge or Head Smash that's supposed to fill in as your 'when necessary' move. If you can't see the benefit of that, then I've lost all hope.

EDIT: Ulti, you forgot about Gliscor. He's the major reason for Ice Punch. Supposedly it's only if you run Stone Edge that you need Ice Punch for Gliscor. Head Smash OHKOs if you're Adamant w/ LO (which I've done for all my calcs, just an FYI).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Note the edit.

I should probably put some sort of disclaimer in my sig from now on that I edit my posts a **** load. So you should wait for like, five minutes before attempting to comment back.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Note the edit.

I should probably put some sort of disclaimer in my sig from now on that I edit my posts a **** load. So you should wait for like, five minutes before attempting to comment back.
Sorry, but I lol'd.

So then, what will possibly be our final edits on Rampardos?

-Terywj

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i meant naturally faster, forcing mamo to use ice shard at all times which does not OHKO rampardos

with base 85 speed, he's a bigger threat and it's okay since he's a glass cannon anyways and mamoswine can't just switch in and KO it with earthquake

mood4food77

Smash Hero
so it's naturally faster than mamoswine and so it can outspeed more stuff when using choice scarf or rock polish while also not being broken

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so it's naturally faster than mamoswine and so it can outspeed more stuff when using choice scarf or rock polish while also not being broken
1. Mamoswine is not a threat. Not only is he #38 in usage, he's also easily eliminated by Scizor.
2. What stuff do you outspeed? How do you define "broken"?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
+2 Adamant Rampardos with 74 base Speed outspeeds +1 Timid Rotom-A.
+2 Adamant Rampardos with 82 base Speed outspeeds +1 Timid Latias and Gengar.
+2 Adamant Rampardos with 86 base Speed outspeeds +2 Timid Starmie and Azelf.
+1 Adamant Rampardos with 90 base Speed outspeeds +2 AgiliGross and +1 ScarfTran.
+1 Adamant Rampardos with 100 base Speed outspeeds +1 Timid Rotom-A.

IC3R

Smash Lord
84 Base Speed

Faster than Magmortar and Mamoswine. Slower than Suicune and Heracross.

Also a unique Speed stat! =3

mood4food77

Smash Hero
let's do sharpedo

he's fragile as hell but he's got decent speed, so what should we do with him?

Top Bottom