• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Number of characters?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
What is going to be the nunber of characters on Brawl? There are only post about some character do you want, but in Melee there was about25 characters (I dont know exactly u-.-) so it's going to be more o minus character? How much characters?

I think is there going to put over 40 or 50 there going to be a LOT of characters that aren't going to use, but i don't think Nintendo is going to put ONLY 30 characters ...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
The popular number seems to be around 40. 50 is very optimistic, though I think it's likely we'll get at least 35 I hope. There really is no way of knowing at this point, we'll only get a real impression of how many characters there'll be once more information is released.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
If there were 40, put 2 characters per serie... 20 series, i cant be posible... (well, mario series have a lot of characters... but i dont know how to explain well u^^)

But if there will be about 42 characters aproximately, it will be perfect.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
My guess would be somewhere between 30 minimum and 40 maximum... If they decided to do clones, then times whatever the non-clone characters by at least 1.5...

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yes, thats true. Thats why it can't be posible to have aroud 40 character and dont have so many clones.

I correct myself: in the SSBM, except Mario universe, there wa about 2 characters per game. So we can wait to have around 4 characters per game in SSBB

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi is counted as its own game...
C. Falcon is by himself
Donkey Kong is by himself
Ness is by himself
Samus was by herself (now that Zero Samus is on her way)
Ice Climbers is by themselves

Quite a lot a handful of characters that just appeared by themselves in SSBM...

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I do believe that this game will feature a fair amount of characters, as said before probably 35-45 however, did you ever think that it's possible that after the release of the game they will continue making characters and have them available for download? I think that's a possibility, this would give us more characters and time to enjoy all the characters before new are released that may become a main. I do believe that this game will be one of the best games ever regardless of what happens with the number of characters. Oh and keep in mind that the number of characters is also dependant on whether or not they decide to add more 3rd party besides Snake.

Orenji

Smash Rookie
Well this is just a guestimate but I'd say around 3-5 will be removed that leaves about 20 characters from Melee plus Wario, Meta K., Snake, and Pit (for now I'm counting ZeroSuit as part of Samus like Zelda/Sheik) So that makes a total of 24 characters...I expect a grand total of 45 soo that means there are 21 new characters :D
That sounds VERY reasonable to me.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
my guess: 37 chars. ill come back here after its out and see if i was right. if im right, im going to go out and buy a lottery ticket the day i find out there are that many characters, and if i win i will give every person that posted here 10 dollars.

Top Bottom