• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Number of Smashers?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Just how many people are there who play ssbm? I'm talking about people who know the advanced techniques and applies them. In my opinion noobs=80%, everyone else=20%. I still want a number though rather then a percentage.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i dont think i'm a n00b........only been playing for 2 years........by n00b do you mean someone that doesnt wavedash or what?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Very optomistic there! Don't forget, some people don't make the choice to not do ATs, they never hear about them. Or they hate them. Or they don't have the time. Or they don't care. Or the simply cannot do them, even though the are very easy..

I would say like 5% of smash players know ATs.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
The number of people who know advanced tech surpasses the number that don't at this point IMO, I mean the games been out long enough.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
There may be people who know it, but then they might be able to pull it off.
I'd say 95% Noobs
5% Advanced

Noobs:
-Know or Don't Know Basics
-Attack with a very small variation of attacks
-Dodge Roll excessively
-Think beating level 9 CPUs make them good
-Believe larger stages are better
-Think beating event match 51 makes them good.

Advanced:
-They know more than the basics of smash
-Money is involved in gameplay
-Plays are smarter in game play
-They are generally quicker at playing by using game physics (ATs)
-They travel to play stronger opponents
-Have signed an account at SWF (or any major Smash forums) or have contact with one.

People might consider themselves as not a noob, but if you've realized you got destroyed by an opponent who use advance techniques on you, and you've been playing Melee for a longer time without advance technique, you need to rethink. Are you still really a noob in the bigger world of smash? The answer is yes.

Top Bottom