• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NWM! - IMPULSE Circuit! Stream is up! http://www.twitch.tv/meleepacwest

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Toooooope! That'd be sick if you came lolz.

Btw @CANADA if you guys are planning on throwing down the money to all take the train I highly encourage you guys to just rent a car and drive down. It'd probably be cheaper and much more convenient since you'd have a way to actually get to the venue. Like Otto said, busing to the venue would be pretty inconvenient. And because me and Otto are housing SO MANY PEOPLE it's hard for us to coordinate rides for every single person if nobody has cars of their own.

Edit: SleepyK :<

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
<3 S2J

so uh, who wants to be responsible for me? :D

Thinking about flying in Friday and heading out Monday, but I'll do whatever.

See what shane/cameron decide and u can either stay with them at dj combos or at my place. If you're staying with me, sunday would be the day to fly out to secure a free ride to the airport (as well as a ride to the airport in general)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I thought we didn't end until Sunday. I'd sure hate to randomly be in the finals and then have to leave, as unlikely as that is with all the other good people here.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
SW, can that Monday bit apply for me as well? I'd like to see the end of the tournament in person :p

Also, Tope, teach me how to play vs Sheik at SW's. I want to beat you, so, yeah..

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Toooooope! That'd be sick if you came lolz.

Btw @CANADA if you guys are planning on throwing down the money to all take the train I highly encourage you guys to just rent a car and drive down. It'd probably be cheaper and much more convenient since you'd have a way to actually get to the venue. Like Otto said, busing to the venue would be pretty inconvenient. And because me and Otto are housing SO MANY PEOPLE it's hard for us to coordinate rides for every single person if nobody has cars of their own.

Edit: SleepyK :<
quoting cuz that idea on a scale of 1-ten was g0dl1ke

:phone:

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure that most rental car companies have clauses that say you cant drive them outside state (or country) lines but it is definitely something to look into

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm getting Friday for Monday for about 400$ I believe its a little cheaper if I come in Thursday, but I doubt anyone wants to put up with me for that long.

Im pretty sure that most rental car companies have clauses that say you cant drive them outside state (or country) lines but it is definitely something to look into
if thats the case; theres a car rental place pretty close to the greyhound station downtown. im assuming thats what adam meant by train. idk if theyd let canadians rent them tho. probably

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I'm getting Friday for Monday for about 400$ I believe its a little cheaper if I come in Thursday, but I doubt anyone wants to put up with me for that long.
If it's significantly cheaper, just come in Thursday and I'll getchu for a day. And you can go to DJ Combo's (where I believe Cyrain is housing) or Otto's on Friday, or whatever.

D

Deleted member

hey you guys should bring ur spare controllers to sell to me if i like it i will pay 40 dollars

i am very picky tho

C!Z

Smash Lord
You can take a gander at my collection while you're here. I have like 8 or so.

Edit: Although I think I just sold my best of the bunch to Vish =\ Vish, give it back! The real falcon needs it!

Scar

#HarveyDent
ALRIGHT TOPE!!!

hey, maybe i'll go in a day early too, then? toph can you accommodate that if i just try to hang out with tope forever

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Flights are significantly cheaper if I leave on Thursday before this instead of Friday. Would anyone be able to house me for Thursday night?

Are those the only canadians taking the train down?

also, cant yakal drive a car full of you guys down? it would be easy to accommodate for the remaining few if that was the case, seeing as how getting yakals car to the venue wold be no hassle for us.

please find out the answer to these asap. im doing my best to make sure everyone is provided a ride to the venue if possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

official singles pools format

there will be 2 rounds of pools, and then a 32 man bracket following 2nd round pools. for round 1, there will be 24 pools total, consisting of 3-4 players each [top 2 advance]. round 2 will be made up of 16 pools total, with 3 players each. [also top 2 advance]. i am doing 2 rounds so that everyone gets more chances to play people in tournament ratehr than just 1 round of like 6 ppl and 2 make it out.

sound good?

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Speaking from experience, 3 and 4 player pools are very bad. They lead to situations like this:

player A beats B but loses to C (1-1)
player B beats C but loses to A (1-1)
player C beats A but loses to B (1-1)

Plenty of pools will end up like that so you'll have tons of jank scenarios where you'll end up eliminating someone with only one loss.

I'd recommend bigger pools but only one round. That would also save you from the work required to repool everyone.

Top Bottom