• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NY STATE: Meetup tourney in the middle? Now Searching For Venue.

Sharky

Smash Master
I can organize, no problem. I'll start looking around town for the best venue in the next couple weeks. Maybe the top floor of Carousel Center...that'd be sweet as hell...costly, but sweet nonetheless. XD

Sharky

Smash Master
lol as do I. I'm sure as hell not covering the cost of getting that and putting all the equipment up there.

edit: ManaLord, do you have any ideas of places I could check out?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
really can't think of one... talk to FreddyP, or somebody from SU. They might know, I'm sure there's something rentable at SU...

Sharky

Smash Master
It'll probably end up being a two day event along the lines of the Battle for WNY tourney that's going up in a month, so yeah, there will be Melee. I've actually been playing Melee more than usual lately, too lol.

Cloud XV

Smash Cadet
This topic is certainly worth the bump..keep this alive!
Many people are just eager for a tournament to arise in the Buffalo area.

Sharky

Smash Master
Sorry guys, I haven't had the time to do anything short of keeping myself alive for the past couple months. I definitely haven't forgotten about this, though. However, it'll have to wait for the summer, unfortunately. =/

Church

Smash Cadet
I'm not new to melee, or ATs for that matter but I never really broke into the competitive scene for a variety of different reasons. I have always been looking to find some people to teach me some more **** though. I'm in Albany during school and Ithaca when I'm not at school. I know all the basics (including ATs; wavedashing, l-cancelling, etc.) and have practiced enough to be able to do most things in the game (waveshine, shine combo, SHL, moonwalk, waveland, whatever just random stuff/anything, you name it) but probably never played anybody on your guys level and would like to get my *** kicked. If something happened in 'Cuse or around Albany I would definately be game. Get at me, guys!

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
if this were to happen u would NEVER see long island and they def have alot to offer. move this to like somewhere like 2 hours away from the city and it would prob happen. then it would be 2 hours for city folk, about 3 hours for long island, and what like 3 or so from further upstate

CAPTAIN_FALCON23

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to get my existence out there--I'm in Manlius, minutes away from Syracuse. Haven't been to any tournaments yet :O but I've been looking for some in the next month, even near NYC or north of the border if necessary.
Yoshinator, it'd be great even just to meet up with your smashers. I'm only gonna be a freshman at Cornell in the fall so it's kinda hard for me to find people to play against. Beating the one friend I have who plays at my level gets old... we've basically exhausted all combinations of CF/Falco/Marth/Fox. PM me or something

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: LOL @ playing that 3 character game.

Also, a development may have occurred. You ladies should stay tuned.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
You guys NEED this to happen. I've never been to a non-wifi tourney and really need some experience. NYC is too far away and Syracuse would be perfect.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Bring it to SYRACUSE?? Do my eyes decieve me? Nothing happens in Syracuse. I live in BVille really close to Syracuse and looking for some tourny action

Top Bottom