• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC/LI Power Ranking - New Rankings! Good stuff at Poly guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Well this ranking sort of gives me more of a reason to do well in tourneys.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
pshh u all know i am numba 1 lmao

KnightMare
brawl mains: Meta, DDD, DK
melee mains: samus, shiek, falcon
i live on long island
aim: mindgames2199

i'm da best mayneee, i deeed it - eli porter

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
I shud be on dis list cuz... im da best mayne.... I DEEED EEET!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I shud be on dis list cuz... im da best mayne.... I DEEED EEET!
You are really good for whatever reason you should use bowser in tourney though.

Plus I never filled this out

Preferred Name: Ref/Referee (your choice)
Borough / City: NY, Bronx
Contact info: PM me I'm pretty much on all day.
Crew: (Looks at D1, NL, and Malcolm) Err... Waiting on this one.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
oh, this is cool. too bad i won't be on the rankings cuz i never get to go to NY tournaments anymore ='( LOL

edit- well i did split 1st/2nd with bum at that one a while back. :)

Enix_Moogle

Smash Apprentice
If anyone lives in Ithaca, New York, or knows someone that plays over here let me know. Send me a text at 520-403-2589. I started playing Melee again and I'm here visiting my brother whose currently a grad student at Cornell. Would love to play some new people. Hit me up! I'll be in town till Monday.

Didn't really want to make my own thread. Thanks!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
never knew there was a place named ithaca.

but whoever is the topic maker make the rankings. ;|

otg

Smash Master
tag: otg
irl: Max S.
Melee Mains: Doc + top tiers/falcon
64: Pika/Ness/Mario
**** Brawl
AIM: ddotwx2

Just incase someone decides to update this ****.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
1 . Bum
2 . Snakeee
3. Ninjalink
4. Anti
4. D1

ANTi_

Smash Hero
my bad shadow i forgot you lived in new york, you being in enemy controller and all.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Cool, the re-vised list is as follows

1. Ninjalink
2. Shadow
3. Snakee
4. Anti
5. D1
---------------------------------------------------
6th - 15th to be determined later.

do you agree?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
that sounds really accurate to me. it's the exact same list me, my brother, and D1 came up with when we went to MD lolll. good stuff Anti. maybe we should make a new thread?

Cia

das kwl
^ i can just give you guys the account name and password so that you can continue to use this thread. I just gave up on the idea of rankings due to lack of interest.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
^ i can just give you guys the account name and password so that you can continue to use this thread. I just gave up on the idea of rankings due to lack of interest.
Yeah, im not too interested either. i just was just trying to get a top 5 in there.

.i/p.

Smash Cadet
hi mens im looking for brawlers in wetchester (mamaroneck..white plains..new rochelle and others).....please contactto me... im a colombia brawler now i stay here for vacations...

Cia

das kwl
Cool, the re-vised list is as follows

1. Ninjalink
2. Shadow
3. Snakee
4. Anti
5. D1
---------------------------------------------------
6th - 15th to be determined later.

do you agree?
daamn.. what happened to Bum?? didn't he go to polybrawl?

and can i be like.. 15th? i play Jiggs, Peach, Sheik, and Sonic =]

Snakeee

Smash Master
After playing Bum today, he may still be the best player in NY to be honest, but it's debatable. However, he doesn't even like Brawl anymore, and only wants to play Brawl +

ANTi_

Smash Hero
After playing Bum today, he may still be the best player in NY to be honest, but it's debatable. However, he doesn't even like Brawl anymore, and only wants to play Brawl +
He put the Wrecking ball down on that tournament.:laugh:

BUM163

Smash Lord
after not posting on smashboards for months.... i rather not be put on the rankings ever. i don't care for it to be honest. i just like playing brawl. snakee you improved alot. keep it up. if you want to go by who joins the most tournaments... i would say nl. if you want to say who is consistent with their placings... i would say snakee. anti also belongs up there along with d1.... so to me it's like this and not in order.

snakee
anti
nl
d1
the fifth one is undetermined to be honest. i can put multiple people in this spot.

regardless do not ever put me on the list or think to me in the list lol. this causes to much trouble in my honest opinion and at the end of the day.... no one is getting paid for this or getting any contracts. it was good seeing all the players i haven't seen in awhile and most likely i'm just doing teams in polytech today.

i think there shouldn't be any power rankings at all and this should just be taken down. nyc shouldn't debate on who is better than who. i think we should help each other out and learn from each other.... instead of letting egos take over.

my aol name is oni163 and i live in the bx. i'm actually up for training in multiple games whether it's brawl crawl which is regular brawl...... i love brawl plus so i would train for that. gears of war 2 online. sf4 online and off. contact me if you up for real training.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I was gonna post this before reading Bum's post and state that he's clearly active in Brawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7034546#post7034546

Bum is definitely still active enough to be ranked and from looking at results would still be number 1 but if you guys decide not to put him on it's your decision. It's your state but I still think the rankings would look like it starts from number 2 if Bum isn't on there.

Edit: You haven't seen the power of Shadow lately Bum. It's too amazing :bee:

Snakeee

Smash Master
after not posting on smashboards for months.... i rather not be put on the rankings ever. i don't care for it to be honest. i just like playing brawl. snakee you improved alot. keep it up. if you want to go by who joins the most tournaments... i would say nl. if you want to say who is consistent with their placings... i would say snakee. anti also belongs up there along with d1.... so to me it's like this and not in order.

snakee
anti
nl
d1
the fifth one is undetermined to be honest. i can put multiple people in this spot.

regardless do not ever put me on the list or think to me in the list lol. this causes to much trouble in my honest opinion and at the end of the day.... no one is getting paid for this or getting any contracts. it was good seeing all the players i haven't seen in awhile and most likely i'm just doing teams in polytech today.

i think there shouldn't be any power rankings at all and this should just be taken down. nyc shouldn't debate on who is better than who. i think we should help each other out and learn from each other.... instead of letting egos take over.

my aol name is oni163 and i live in the bx. i'm actually up for training in multiple games whether it's brawl crawl which is regular brawl...... i love brawl plus so i would train for that. gears of war 2 online. sf4 online and off. contact me if you up for real training.
Great post...but my brother should definitely be up there. Bum's right though, this could become a problem because egos will definitely come into place when you focus too much on who's better than who. When I start overthinking that, it never ends up well whether I feel I am the best or the worst. Everyone should just keep doing their own thing, and try to do their best. Bum has a good mindset on this, and he's almost always show a lot of respect for his opponents.

Put it this way....we don't want to become New Jersey :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom