• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYC - Poly Brawl 4 - March 6th! - LIVESTREAM IS UP

-dMT-

Smash Lord
lol I'm sorry I forgot to schedule a regional brawl tourney around a boxing game...

/end sarcasm

Acedude55

Smash Ace
just watch it on youtube the next day hippie ^_^ lmfaooo

also March 13th sounds good...hmmm

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'll be there! Btw I got the MRI results...NO CANCER! WOOT!
Relieved to hear that my dude. The best of health to my man D1!

EDIT: We have a spot with your name on it, right in front of the stream. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, will be to inform and entertain viewers cross the nation of the happenings on stream and at the venue of PolyBrawl 4.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

-dMT-

Smash Lord
There's one thing I forgot to mention.

I heard some of you had trouble getting past security because you didn't have ID or were too young.

Everyone coming please bring any picture ID you have. As for the age limit, I'm not sure if it was 16 or 18. Anyone who may know let me know as well please.

Tony T

Smash Ace
hmm March 13th I should be able to make it and if I'm working during the time of registration I'll pay you a week in advance for the Venue fee and singles tourney fee but I will make it although I don't know whats going to happen on that date in the morning but odds are I'll make it. Oh and to D1 Great news man and I hope to see you and possibly face you at the tournament because my mains will be ready to go by then.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Venue Fee discounts have been changed. A Full Setup will now be rewarded with the full $10 off, meaning no Venue Fee charged.

Needless to say, I'm going to need a lot of setups at this, so anyone who can bring something in, please do. All in favor of a smooth, well-paced tournament with room for MMs and Friendlies. I want everyone to enjoy themselves.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
This looks like it'll be on March 6th instead. Seems better since we'll be avoiding conflict with that national and well there's another event at poly on the 13th so we have to avoid that anyway.

Tony T

Smash Ace
Ok March 6th thats even better and DMT I'll see if I can bring a full set up I gotta ask my friend a favor for the tv though first.

HelpR

Smash Ace
I loled rather heartily.

As far as the date is concerned, we're gonna submit the date proposal next week monday, so we'll hopefully have a response by the beginning of February and have the date locked in.

We're also going to try and set up a livestream like last time, as we felt that went well, however, we're gonna make sure the projector sticks around until the end. I personally thought the theater style was quite nifty and well worth the trouble.

As far as time goes, we'll try and not cut it so close, but we'll be needing more setups as unfortunately, we cannot rely on our school to provide nearly as many tvs as before due to several of them breaking down over the past year and a half. As was posted in the first post by DMT, if you bring a full setup in we'll gladly take off full venue fee, and we can use as many tvs as we can get.

Past that, thanks for all the support over the past year and a half guys, we hope to continue providing you all with good tournaments, and here's hoping this one will be better then the last 3.

Allied

Smash Master
hopfully be coming to this ew at the ice climbers rule but watever makes it easier for me against them if i have to face them

:D:]

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I'll actually be removing that ban. After some consideration I decided not to have the ICs infinite banned. I am still very much against it, however I realize there is a certain procedure before something is banned, and with respect to the community as a whole I will not be enforcing such a ban at PolyBrawl 4.

However, I have every intention of working towards a change to this aspect of the ruleset in the future.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I would appreciate if anyone who intends to bring a setup please either send me a PM with what they will bring here on SWF OR post in the respective thread on AiB.

More setups make for a better tournament, and with the resources at Poly having become rather slim lately I must encourage even more setups.

Full Setups will be rewarded with a Full Discount from the Venue Fee. That's $10 off.

I look forward to seeing you all again.

Prawn

Smash Master
will probably be going to this now that the bans been lifted.

anyone down to house me/get drunk? get @ me

HelpR

Smash Ace
lol. hype.

Remember guys, we desperately need setups, so if you can bring one, please do. no venue fee is 10 extra bucks in your pocket, and we wanna make sure this is successful. We need your support to make sure this goes well, and if this tourney is successful enough, we'll be having a pretty big event coming down the tube a few months later. I dont wanna promise anything but we hope this goes well enough so we can move forward with our plans.

We hope lots of people attend, and thanks again for all the hype.

Top Bottom