• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE Results Thread

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
There were a bunch of times where I would tell Kyle we had to play our doubles set or whatever, but he would continually say that he wanted to get all his Brawl singles out of the way first. So he ended up doing 3 sets or so before we got to play our single set in doubles. I'm not mad at Kyle in any way shape or form, but no wonder Brawl finished early. (That is, there isn't just one thing that contributed to things not finishing on time. There are many things that could have been improved.)

Sorry to use you as an example, teamie.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I was not at this tournament, but this is a demonstrably false assertion.

The idea that you can't play friendlies and have a tournament run on time is ridiculous.

The majority of tournaments I've been to finish on time and allocated setups for friendies for over an hour.

And it's not like the fgc doesn't have delays at their tournaments either.

Whether or not the players should've been more assertive, it's always the TO's responsibility to see to it that **** gets done. Players, especially visiting players, are likely going to be focused on playing as many games with as many newer people as possible.

People playing friendlies is not an excuse for a heavily delayed tournament.
It actually to my knowledge wasn't "heavily" delayed. Melee Losers Finals was finishing up at the same time Brawl GF was finishing up(I was watching both going on), and then the only reason Melee GF got held up is because M2K spent forever being like DURR CONTROLLER JOHNS. The expectancy was that it'd be a two day tournament. Size expectancy doesn't equal not running on the same time frame it was planned for, and when Melee finished it was maybe...an hour after expected time? Maybe slightly longer I don't remember.

And no matter if you CAN run a tournament on time or not isn't as much of the point as it is that if you DON'T allow friendlies it's much more likely to run on time. It literally is one of the most easily fixable issues and just because you CAN run a tournament with them doesn't mean you SHOULD. It's always better to be safe than sorry(aka now).

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
lol there is no shame using me as an example, rob. i had tons of matches going on at the same time and switching back and forth constantly is hard. Sorry if that made things take a little bit longer than expected! Playing :peach: in both games is too fun to pass up! <3

D

Deleted member

theres nothing wrong with friendlies during tournament but theres a huge problem when doubles pools finishes and NOTHING HAPPENS for 8 hours why can't u understand

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I agree with s2j. I wish someone had brought it to my attention that this was happening. I would have been more than happy to get the ball rolling. After I finished my matches, I left to eat/etc.

:phone:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
theres nothing wrong with friendlies during tournament but theres a huge problem when doubles pools finishes and NOTHING HAPPENS for 8 hours why can't u understand
8 hours huh? sure that isn't a bit over exaggerated? my brother played his last pool set with you then dipped day 1 and that was at 11 lol. do you see how the SCHEDULE shows pools day 1 being from 6pm-12am? so unless i'm missing something here, we have at least one person(my brother) capable of finishing his pool on time. if anyone else didn't, well chances are it was you or the other people's fault for holding **** up. and no matter what, this can always be drawn to playing friendlies no matter how big a deal it is for one person, because it may be a bigger deal to another(like if you have m2k in your pool apparently). the schedule ran as it should from everything i saw in regards to the time frame in which said pools finished. the tournament was SUPPOSED to be a two day event.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
SHOUTOUTS

Vincent - thanks for driving man. Mad props for making the long *** drive and staying awake. You have a tight taste in music, and check in Bonobo if you get the chance. You're also getting better at melee so keep it up ***

Dan - Dude, good **** in teams. Despite some SDs here and there, you were really playing well during the bracket. Make sure to watch nichijou, it's ****. Also, good stuff vs Light LOOOOOOOOL

mike - I came into this tournament with the preconception you were obnoxious, but man you're actually hella chill haha. It was definitely fun hanging out with you during the car ride, and your stories were hilarious. I'll try to make it out to your tourney this weekend

John oksasoglu - DUUUUUUDE, thanks so much for housing us, it was amazing. All that awesome food and bed/towels for free. Thank your parents for me for the meals haha. You're definitely a super chill guy and I hope you keep playing melee. Make sure to take Rob up on his offer and come out to socal some time.

Stephen - It was really fun hanging with you at during the tournament/at john's house. Your link has got potential dude, just keep at it. Definitely one of the chillest people I met during this trip

Morino - Man you are the hero of this tournament for taking a fat dump on M2K in 64 LOOOOL. Good stuff winning grand finals in my absence. Honestly the last thing I expeced was for you to be amazing at 64, so random haha. You're definitely really cool (and quiet) and I hope to see you around in socal!

Axe - Happy Birthday dude! You pooped on me mad hard in pools lol

Jackie Tran - I think of anyone, I ended up playing you the most this weekend haha. GGs in tourney and MMs, and oh man you play a lot of characters

GG7 - Fun playing you dude. You're still good even after your break! You basically 3-0'd me in our tourney set lol

Taj - You're a giant as usual lol. GGs in teams and I realllllllllly wish I could have played you in some friendlies

Tai - Nice job beating johnny and fun friendlies. Had my carpool not needed to rush back, I would have definitely wanted to MM you.

Wobbles - GGs in teams and singles man. Your ICs are too good. I'm happy that you were able to calm down after the first set and play well again.

Wes - Man, I really wish I didn't stop smoking LOL. And I'm so annoyed you were playing ****ty all weekend. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO **** AZ Q.Q

Sung - You're not as bad as you think you are sung lol. Also, seriously just ask your womanizing brother to help you find a girl. I believe in Sung Bin!

Emily - never cheered for socal, tsk tsk

Jesson - I'm happy you ended up making it out of pools hahaha. Also, telling us they charged for bread was diiiiiiiiiiirty LOOOOL

Nick Nyte - There were definitely some things you could have done better with running the brackets, but I had fun and you seemed well meaning so alls well that ends well. Thanks for hosting and gathering everything together, I appreciate it.

VMAN - duuuuude, I wished you had played, only ever saw you manning the stream =(

light - GGs, your peach is definitely very good. Funniest ****ing set in the world vs baka ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Silly Kyle - GGs in teams, you and rob have good teamwork. Realllllllly wanted to play you in singles, but alas, it'll have to wait till another day

Johnny - good job ****** everyone and almost ****** m2k. Also, thanks for the advice, I'll really really try and work on what you told me.

Rob - Thanks for letting me know about the downstairs bathrooms hahaha. Also, thanks for beating GG7 so I had to play him first round losers -.-

Ruby - Your falco is definitely legit man. I 100% believe your inconsistent tech skill is a mindset thing. If you're not feeling good, your tech skill won't flow well and you'll be distracted from the actual match. Just gotta be positive and not slip into a negative mindset (which is hard, admittedly). Also, good **** on losing a bunch of weight since Genesis, keep it up!

Chess - GGs in teams and singles. Dat weegee was giving me some trouble haha

Forward - Man, I'm not getting four stocked like I was a couple years ago but I really wanted to beat you! Ah well, you're still really smart despite never entering tournaments. Hope to play you again soon!

Neil - You give, by far, the least ****s of anyone I've met in a long time. I hope you continue trying to be hella ****ing balls to the wall awesome with your Falcon, because it's getting really good. It was fun playing you, and I hope I'm cooler next time we meet haha. (also **** m2k)

m2k - you were keeping a really calm composure during 64/melee despite me **** talking to the maximum. For that you have my respect.

Twin 1 - Thanks for the tips vs puff. I used to think teching made dthrow completely useless vs puff but since you've told me the timing is actually really tough, I will definitely try to incorporate it into my puff game. Also, it was a pleasure seeing you again as always. Hope you guys had a great trip back and I would like to see you two continue to improve.

Twin a - Great seeing you man, it always is! The pools fiasco was something I wish we could have avoided, but you have all my respect for just straight out agreeing to another set where the winner makes it out. Your sheik is waaaaaay better than I remember, and I hope you and brother continue to improve!

Spenser Benner - Glad to finally meet you in person rofllll

Brawl player who got angry and then stayed in the same spot yelling "THAT WAS BULL****" for like 3 minutes - Word to the wise, if you're angry, go cool off outside the venue

People I'm forgetting - there's probably a few of you, sorry x.x

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I feel like 8 hours is an exaggeration.* I mean, I remember we had an hour and a half break in there that started around 4 PM or so, that was on the schedule to begin with anyways. So...8 hours after that would put us at 12:30 or 1:00 AM, which isn't when things started happening.

*More like, 8 hours 'is' an exaggeration.

Edit: In after Spencer.

Double Edit:
Stab said:
Also, thanks for beating GG7 so I had to play him first round losers -.-
P.S. Matt. Love ya. :p

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I should have gone fox vs you, stab. I'm like the worst falco ditto player in the world haha.

Thanks for the confidence in my bird, though.

D

Deleted member

it was a 2 day event sure, but we also planned out low tier tourney, crew battles, etc.

Also, because its a 2 day event we should DELAY HEAVILY SO IT FULFILLS ALL 2 DAYS? WHAT?

OH BOY THATS GETTING OUR MONEYS WORTH

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
it was a 2 day event sure, but we also planned out low tier tourney, crew battles, etc.

Also, because its a 2 day event we should DELAY HEAVILY SO IT FULFILLS ALL 2 DAYS? WHAT?

All those events were mentioned as to IF WE HAD TIME. We didn't. Singles Melee ended maybe an hour-hour and a half after the time it said it would. 64 actually got done later and Morino more than anyone should probably be the one mad but he ain't even mad. I'm not denying it ending a LITTLE later than it should have, but you're highly over exaggerating just how late it ended.

If you'll look at the schedule as well you'll see that a DINNER BREAK FOR AN HOUR was planned. This happened. Any delays beyond that is all on the players. As I said my brother finished his pool at 11 and dipped.

D

Deleted member

u are dumb thats assuming its an 80+ REGIONAL as promised this is just 35 man

w/ E u win all arguments cya

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
u are dumb thats assuming its an 80+ REGIONAL as promised this is just 35 man

w/ E u win all arguments cya
lol....

no one can PROMISE anything out of a tournament. we can take our best guesses as to who will show up but we can't guarantee it. and yet people have had at least a year to plan to come to this. why didn't anyone come? i don't know cuz AZ is stacked anyways.

and you can't also guess that if it was 80 man that it would run just as badly because if it WAS bigger then it probably would have had more attention to run it. it still ended on mostly on time.

i'm not disagreeing that certain things such as labeling stations for pools could have been done as said A BUNCH OF TIMES, but apparently no one sees me say this.

k9.

Smash Ace
All i have to say is dam i had fun.

E4U!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Also i met some amazing people and i like the melee community a lot so i will be at melee tourneys. Thanks a lot Dekar for giving me advice it helped a lot. Also MikeHaze thanks a lot, the lesson i learned from you, growing into a better player is really going to help me as a player.

I would do shoutouts but im to lazy.

So thank you new mexico for coming out Neil, tekkie, goyf, Dekar. You guys are good at brawl hope to see you soon.

Nicknyte again good luck to you and your wife.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

If you have a problem with the damn schedule, don't fuggin come next time thinking I am going to cater to your demands on going home early. We finished a bit late. 10pm to be sure, and WE STILL HAD TIME TO FIT IN AT LEAST CREWS. You know, the only reason why I had delayed it ever so slightly, was to get grand finals set up. At certain times, many people wanted to be shown on the livestream. I said yes to some, and no to others.

S2j, you personally asked me to hurry the tournament along "Because you want to get home early." and that was the first day. I am not here to please your schedule. I am here to run my tournament. Next time, read the details.

S2j, although I respect your opinion and your obvious sarcasm, please. Next time, observe the schedule.

12p-3p: Doubles Bracket
3p-7p: Singles Bracket
7p-11p: Side Event & Dinner
12am: CLOSE

^ You know, I will take blame over the fact that singles ended 2 1/2 hours later then it should, but you didn't mainly come here for the Low Tier tournament right? You came here for the main thing. I didn't ask you to leave early, you did off your own accord.

Oh yea, winners.

Could you send me your addresses in my private messages so I can mail you your winnings? The funds cleared out of wepay, and I would be happy to give people their winnings.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I really don't care. My region had fun. I never advertised it more than being within that, but I am gracious that SoCal somewhat appeared.

s2j, you got your money, and your opinion. Keep it with you in SoCal. I have a valid understanding of the underperformance of the TO in this tournament, but we have no further use of your heckling. Thank you, and take care.

Jane

Smash Hero
couple of shoutouts i forgot

AFB (air force boyz) - great to see all of yall. all of you are awesome and im glad that you guys stick around. :D

Maize - yo dude, i'm glad i was able to help you out on saturday night, youre a really cool guy. it sucks that you couldnt stay for the second day, but i'm glad you came! i enjoyed hanging out with you at my house, and i hope you come back to AZ sometime. i'll see you around buddy.

Goop - GOOP!!

AXE 09

Smash Master
Thank you so much everyone for making my bday so amazing!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who got me a bday present :) I love all of them so much! :pika:

I'll post more when I have more time :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to ****

I heard it was legal in AZ O.o

two questions:

1) who recorded the rap battle?

2) who recorded silly kyle giving axe a lap-dance for his 21st birthday?
It was actually my bro and I who did that haha. SK gave me the idea tho and he did join near the end ;)

Shoutouts and opinions to come when I have more free time (probably tomorrow morning)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Oh yea, winners.

Could you send me your addresses in my private messages so I can mail you your winnings? The funds cleared out of wepay, and I would be happy to give people their winnings.
Can you just give me a $20 next time we see each other in person? If we forget about it, it's not that big of a deal anyways.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Oh yea, winners.

I gave it to you at the tournament. Do you think you could send me my winnings through Paypal instead of a money order through the mail?

@s2j

Yes, lol.

Edit: on second thought, money order is fine.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Thanks for all of the kind words :)

It sounds like a bunch of you guys smoked teh herb after the tournament. Y u guys no invite me? JK, I had to leave early to catch a bus and another reason. :awesome:
Oh god, if I had known/if there was more time I would have loved smoking with you. Next time you are in AZ, let us know, we'll take care of you.

SHOUTOUTS

Brawl player who got angry and then stayed in the same spot yelling "THAT WAS BULL****" for like 3 minutes - Word to the wise, if you're angry, go cool off outside the venue
he's not legitimately angry. he just has a, funny, way of bringing hype to things.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i didn't even make money though ;_; (450 in travel expense, and I split melee singles/teams to be nice like i usually do) I had fun besides all the rude **** talk parts in WF/GF of 64/melee. Wish people wouldn't do that. Like, I'm hella used to it by now, but it makes the experience unpleasant.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@m2k: teach me your secrets. It still bothers me when I'm cheered against. And has a noticeable affect on my already inconsistent performance.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
well it doesn't rly do anything except make the experience unenjoyable (there is a difference between cheering someone on, and saying the other person sucks or taking personal jabs at them while they play). Otherwise it's just words. Just try to **** people idk. Sometimes I forget there's a real life outside of the game cuz I'm making strategies or focusing but I still wish people would be more respectful of others.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The problem I have isn't so much people being rude, but that nobody cheers me on, ever. It's just another reminder that I have very few friends. Really kills my mindset.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
yummy's mad legit though
Obv. a random can't just beat a player like kira twice in one tourney without at least being knowledgeable. It's just interesting from the perspective of a person who only hears of some of the more well-knowns like k9, sillykyle, and kira.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
90:10 is better than 100:0. Plus at least you CAN just focus on ****** the other Guy. For me, it's "I hope I don't suicide" this game, or "i hope I don't miss too many fast falls."

Top Bottom