• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Jane

Smash Hero
my avatar is so ****ing awesome. look at that gyarados. other gyarados would take a bullet for him in a heartbeat.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Elvis, you're really really dumb. I'm extremely disappointed.

Basically you just contradicted yourself. If people weren't fond of the Swiss tournament environment, Yugioh, MTG, and Pokemon wouldn't be the cash cows they are. The only reason smash doesn't adopt this is because of lack of exposure, and the "it's the way we've always done it" mindset.

You're not taking a financial risk. If anything, you're shooting the idea down before even ATTEMPTING to give it some thought, which for you is just bull****. Man the **** up, Elvis. PUT SOME DAMN INITIATIVE into this instead of being a ****ing stick in the mud.

Duff0

Smash Ace

Basically you just contradicted yourself. If people weren't fond of the Swiss tournament environment, Yugioh, MTG, and Pokemon wouldn't be the cash cows they are. The only reason smash doesn't adopt this is because of lack of exposure, and the "it's the way we've always done it" mindset.

You're not taking a financial risk. If anything, you're shooting the idea down before even ATTEMPTING to give it some thought, which for you is just bull****. Man the **** up, Elvis. PUT SOME DAMN INITIATIVE into this instead of being a ****ing stick in the mud.
you are calling him dumb for playing things safe. this tournament means a lot to elvis, why would he take a risk with it

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Elvis, if you want I wouldn't mind trying out this Swiss style for a future Tucson Brawl tourney, so you can see what its like on a smaller scale

:phone:

Anjila

Smash Cadet
my avatar is so ****ing awesome. look at that gyarados. other gyarados would take a bullet for him in a heartbeat.
Dude, yes. Coelasquid is the shiz, I love her stuff :D

I'm tempted to create some posters to paste around ASU, but I'm not sure how many noobs would wanna travel an hour and a half for their first tourney. :p But I guess I could at least make some sigs to get some advertising going!

Jane

Smash Hero
angela are you guys coming to the tucson tourney, and if so, are we teaming? because if we are i have some serious team strategy i'd like to discuss with you.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

I will ask the community what they want. Whether you like it or not Ruby is up to you, but I would prefer if you spoke with some respect. I don't treat you like this Ruby, and I don't intend to start now. If you don't like the way the tournament is ran 8 months from now, I am not forcing you to go.

If anything, I know you really want to expose the system as it is, and I am okay with that. I did ask you to RESEARCH, didn't I? Do you not see the thread I created in the Southwest social thread, Xander? I never gave up on the option. I think you deserve me some sort of an apology for your outburst.

I don't cuss at you in real life, or online, and I have a GREAT layer of respect for my friend who I stood by when others did not. To cuss me out, and question my intelligence is far beyond the extent of a simple tournament, it affects my friendship as well. Please, show restraint when you talk to people. I am not dissing your idea to pee on your parade, but I still think it is a financial risk. I am paying for it. Creating this tournament is a risk in itself. However, it is I who decides what happens, and it is you who will help me within the next 8 months to decide what type of tournament we will have, and honestly, the way you spoke to me isn't going to persuade me. Apologize, or I refuse to even consider any swiss. That is your ultimatum.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
A month before school ends for me ><. Maybe sometime I'll get to hit a southwest regional.

Will there be streams?

Shroomed

Smash Master
hype killed LOL
bye bye money

ehhh ill just beat dajuan and it'll be all happy and peachy ;)
i wish/hope
Dude, I don't even remember the last time I lost to a Marth.
I **** that tiara wearing *****!

So will it be hot as **** or what?

Anjila

Smash Cadet
angela are you guys coming to the tucson tourney, and if so, are we teaming? because if we are i have some serious team strategy i'd like to discuss with you.
Not gonna be able to make it to this next Tucson one, sorry :( It'd work if the tourney was a week later or something.

But we'll be at the very next one (in Phoenix). Maybe we can team and strategize then!

Jane

Smash Hero
k, i'll contact you closer to the next phoenix tourney then. actually, speaking of, do you and yoshiken have facebooks?

edit- nvm found them. my lurking skills are too good.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Dude, I don't even remember the last time I lost to a Marth.
I **** that tiara wearing *****!

So will it be hot as **** or what?
Nah it's not bad in April
Though you're from Cali, so you have nice weather all year round.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I will be here, most likely helping running it. If Pools, I'll enter. If swiss, I'll be full-time TO.

Shivusknitus, we need to team for this. <3

AXE 09

Smash Master
Should've posted here instead, my bad lol.

This tournament.... is on my birthday :) (April 7th, 21st bday yeah!)

HYPE!!!!!!

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
omg... regional in AZ. SO CLOSE :| (I'm from Sonora, México)
I want to go :|
Hope I can...

some México hype? :X

Top Bottom