• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYU Friday Weekly Smashfests

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I don't know, to be honest. I'll have to ask them. For our weekly smashfests, we usually don't though, but Tommy could probably bring his if we asked.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
That's awesome. New people are always welcome.

I don't even have a Wii to buy 64 on. I only have my cube, lol.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
So just to make sure because it's hard to tell from the original post, this is happening weekly on saturdays right... and also whats the skill level ish because i'm really new to playing in tournies and there is NOWHERE around her for me to get better XD.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
These are generally done on Friday evenings, and it's pretty much a bunch of us getting together and just smashing.

And it's pretty much only Melee, unless you guys bring some Brawl- cause that just looks downright insane.

However, I generally have a limit against how many people I can sign in to the dorm, so, if you want to come, let me know so I can keep track of how many people I can get in.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I can bring Brawl-, but it isn't anywhere near complete and not a lot of characters are even past the alpha phase...

Pretty sure B- isn't broken enough yet still testing lol.

killa k

Smash Ace
I wanna coooooome! Melee sounds good since I've been wanting some more practice. 64 would be cool too, but i want some MELEE.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
How many people do you think it'll be in total, Bones?

Also, yeah, you can bring two others, Tato.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
**** this **** is getting popular, Mikael.

Looks like you'll need to start bribing other residents about signing heads in.

Imagine what'll happen when you graduate. Who could possibly run this better?

Alukard

Smash Hero
werd i need to come to these nyu smashfests and **** people ... cuz apparently i'm "not that good" ... we'll see when i start trying against randomz now

Alukard

Smash Hero
NYU ain't no randoms, Brian!

Papa John and Mikael are legit. As is Niko.

And Tian's Falcon is so random that it's sexy.
i'm just saying i've herd that people been saying i'm not that good and things like that make me want to **** face like saying i'm not that good ... when i play friendlies i take them as friendlies ... because thats wat they are ... i dont try and dont care ... i never cared for singles except for a few times where i would make a side bet with someone that i would make it far or sumthing ... but certain events have happened that have made me ruthless again want to play this game seriously in both singles and doubles like the W2Z days ...

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Rofl. Holy crap, I'll try to see how many NYU people I can get a hold of to sign people in, I did not expect this many people to want to come all of a sudden.

I hope no one misunderstands what these are. We literally just play smash in a lounge, no brackets or tournament or nothing. No fee though, cause of it.

Hopefully I can get enough TV's and stuff.

Alu, you're really good, especially in teams.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like this friday is gonna be ****.

Im gonna reverse ken combo all of you.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol ... i'm just saying i want to practice =] ... and i'm going to play serious in friendlies

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Alright, so who's actually coming? I'm trying to figure out the head count here.

So far it's Roor, Tato + 2, Prog, Killa K, Bones + 3 (assuming I understood correctly), Soul Ark(?), Takasan, Venom (?), Alu (?), Melo (?)

So, that's 11 for sure, with 4 unsures.

I can for sure get 8 people in, at the moment. I'm gonna see if I can scrounge up so extra people to sign guys in.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Alu and Prog and Dionis get preferential treatment.

Or at least they should. Not R00R, though, **** Tommy, shuns.

EDIT: Speaking of Tommy, I think I may have finally figured out "Are you a fan or are you... THE BARE? *wink*"

Top Bottom