• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OAK: Saturday Night Fight 3! January 20, 2007, Rhode Island

Adat

Smash Cadet
OAK is hosting another tournament for everyone who wants to come to RI.

Address:

URI Memorial Union
50 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

Directions: http://www.uri.edu/home/visitors/Map/kingston_direction.html

Room #: Ballroom. It's on the 2nd floor, and if you have trouble finding the room ask someone at the info desk. YES, WE HAVE THE BALLROOM THIS TIME! Let's make this event as large as possible!

Date/time:

January 20, 2007
1 PM - 11:30 PM (you can show up as early as 10 am for friendlies and money matches)
is this better? :p

Tourneys:

Singles: $10
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Low tier: $5

All pots will be split 60/30/10 % for 1st/2nd/3rd. All money will be given to the players, because the facility is free for student organizations to run events in.

Rules for tournament play:
- Bring your own controller, or you'll be provided with a broken controller.
- Double Elimination
- All matches best out of 3, with best out of 5 for any finals
- 4 stock, 8 minute limit
- No items
- First stage random or agreed upon, further ones counterpicked
- Advanced Slob Picks (loser chooses stage, winner chooses char, loser chooses char)
- Random stages (singles and low tier): Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination
- Banned stages: Yoshi’s Island, Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle.
- Banned doubles stage: Fountain of Dreams
- Team attack ON, items OFF
- Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (such as the IC freeze glitch) are not allowed
- Using tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound to excessively stall a match is not allowed.
- Controller mods which affect gameplay such as shorthop mod, L-trigger mod, etc. are considered cheating and are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller, you will be disqualified with no refunds. Feel free to use controllers with purely cosmetic mods such as stickers and different color paint. 3rd party controllers are allowed, but any additional features that aren't found on a standard nintendo controller (such as programmable buttons or turbo buttons of any kind) are banned.
- Low tier: Low and Bottom tier characters ONLY, no exceptions. Zelda is fine as long as you don't switch to Sheik.

General rules:

- Pick up after yourselves if you leave a mess.
- No fighting! You will be asked to leave without a refund, and banned from any of our future events.

Also, we would greatly appreciate it if anyone can bring TV's and/or gamecubes and copies of smash. The more of these we have, the more likely we are to be able to run a smooth tournament. Please say in your posts if you'd be able to bring equipment. Thanks in advance. :)

I'm bringing my computer again for this event, so I can record another insane quantity of videos. If you are playing on the TV that has the recording equipment hooked up to it, please use names this time! The videos will go up faster that way if you do so. It's a pain in the *** to have to guess who everyone is.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you are playing on the TV that has the recording equipment hooked up to it, please use names this time!
I just wanted to make sure everybody reads this.

Also, anybody up for a Monopoly tourney?

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
january 20th, you couldnt make it any sooner? : / ill definitely be there and for anyone in the providence area im having a smashfest at my house saturday. IM me if you would like to go.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Ofcourse it couldnt be any sooner... :p

December = Final Exams / X-Mas vacation + Traveling

January = Free :p

February = SNF4

P.S.

You might want to edit the first post....

Jan 20, 2006....that past 10 months ago!

also, Date/time:

November 18, 2006
1 PM - 11:30 PM (you can show up as early as 10 am for friendlies and money matches)

lol, would there be enough time for a monopoly tourny?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll see what I can do. The last one was too good.

Eve, if you're going, EPIC REMATCHES AWAIT. ONES THAT DON'T INCLUDE ME COUNTERPICKING LIKE AN IDIOT

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm gunna try and make it again. Last one was too fun. Also, I would very much like a monopoly tournament!

Adat

Smash Cadet
team name ==== "you think their will be wii's/ps3's tomorow at best buy it opens at 5 am" :p :) :0

ps. thanks TICH

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
We should get crew battles going again! And this time, play your matches so we have time for low tier. I need a tournament i can get something other than last place in :p

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
PEOPLE BE HYPED!!

THE NEXT SNF WILL BE IN THE BALLROOM. THATS RIGHT. THE BALLROOM!

The place is friggen huge, and it'll be awesome if mad people showed up to this, just like the first Rhode Island Smashfest hosted by Unknown Force back in March of 2005.

This will be crazy! This is SNF at it's FINEST!

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Emmy lol. Low Tier is my friend also. And crew battles were too good last time.

I'll try to think of a name KDJ and fail hard of course.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
How about I write down a bunch of random names, and you butcher them? Your butchered names have always been funny :)

Morality

Smash Rookie
I've got a ride so I'll be there most likely. I can bring a spare copy of the game if that helps at all. I'm actually what some people would consider a noobie and am thankful for the time. Gives me time to practice WD and some Advanced combos.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
yeah,.. il bring a GC and smash, and a t.v, but a very small one at that though

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
This will be at the ballroom, meaning we can easily put up alot more tvs and gamecubes, you guys just have to help supply.

You dont have to bring a gamecube, you could always bring a Wii :p

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
This will be at the ballroom, meaning we can easily put up alot more tvs and gamecubes, you guys just have to help supply.

You dont have to bring a gamecube, you could always bring a Wii :p
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
i didnt get mine..sigh..my dad got there at like 4-5 and there was already 80 people in line.

(just realizez) ohh..right.. the 20 of january...Ill borrow another copy of smash and bring both! :chuckle:

Morality

Smash Rookie
Hehe, my first tournament will be, if successful a rather large one. Perfect for a timid guy like me. However, judging from everyone's reaction it seems like a lot of fun and maybe I might just get lucky. Either that or get my *** kicked in the first round.

On a side note, if my parents let me I can bring in a GC to help support for supplies. A tv... not so much.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
its alright, if you can bring anything, bring it :)

Money Matches:

Jcent - 1 cent (or $5, up to you :D)
Black Jinjo - $2
2ndChance - $2
Fake Mofo - $5
Yoshipal13 - $5
Falco1234 - $5
Miguel - $5
Schweppes - $5
Unkownforce - Ronzio's Pizza Eating Money Match (Amount is determined by you)

Th0rn/Banks/Anyone from NSG - Im not going to money match any of you!!!!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Hehe, my first tournament will be, if successful a rather large one. Perfect for a timid guy like me. However, judging from everyone's reaction it seems like a lot of fun and maybe I might just get lucky. Either that or get my *** kicked in the first round.

On a side note, if my parents let me I can bring in a GC to help support for supplies. A tv... not so much.
Welcome to Smashboards! :laugh:

Cort

Apple Head
its alright, if you can bring anything, bring it :)

Money Matches:

Jcent - 1 cent (or $5, up to you :D)
Black Jinjo - $2
2ndChance - $2
Fake Mofo - $5
Yoshipal13 - $5
Falco1234 - $5
Miguel - $5
Schweppes - $5
Unkownforce - Ronzio's Pizza Eating Money Match (Amount is determined by you)

Th0rn/Banks/Anyone from NSG - Im not going to money match any of you!!!!
MONEY MATCH!!! Step it up, son.

KDJ MM MANIA asjjasjasjaf Well maybe not but gimme a raincheck for like 345345345 friendlies.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Im up for some friendlies. maybe a money match or two. I might bring my girlfriend to this too if she doesnt go to Korea for vacation.

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
what up im up for all mm match my cents ones and i got my wii and i think i have almost beaten zelda already i need to get the day off work frist and if i do we should have a wii sport toury

Top Bottom