• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oasis Green Room

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm glad Sabrar is here, scumhunting along with me. This is going to win us the game for town. What would I be doing without him at my side? I'd be going mad. It's no lie, I need a partner to solve. Otherwise, I'll be talking to myself. Anyway, I've come to the realization Boom isn't scum. I was correct on Ninja-Wisp-Jack. My concern is getting Sabrar to agree with me. I'll be making a move back to Ninja after Boom responds to me. UP is town, but he's making himself the designated lylo lynch. He's also very anti-town. Imagine if I or Sabrar were not here to solve the game. UP would be mislynched first.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've realized that Sabrar is scum by this point. I am predicting a scum flip from Ninja. If that happens, scum are Sabrar and Wisp. Still, glad I had him scumhunting in thread. Yet if I live Day 2 I will most likely push Sabrar if Ninja flips scum. I fear I may get killed and Boom will be pushed as scum with my reads to influence everyone.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Back to the drawing board. Possible Sabrar is still scum. I have to re-read. Ninja being town can still give us information though.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
That flip was necessary but not surprising. And probably it won't reveal anything too important either. I don't think I will ever 100% believe that BoomFrog is scum before his actual flip. We should have at least 1 other mislynch before LYLO, we need to focus on Maven's and UP's slot.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hi Ninja, I hope you stick around, you're a cool dude! Also, don't be so hard on yourself! This is your first game in a different style than you're used to. I'm sure you'll improve quickly.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Alright, time to get off my ass and plan my Dusk action. Gotta submit it early in case my target doesn't check the forum often.

Townie pool:
Ran, Z25, wiisp.

Townish
LaserGuy, pythag, jack

Suspic
UP, Maven, Sabrar

Only hints of powers are jack, wiisp and Z25

Don't want to hit anyone who could use a reload later. wiisp seemed powerful so probably one-shot. Z25 probably doesn't have 2 powers since they are a neighbor. Maybe just shot in the dark at Ran? Ran's likely to die early so no huge loss there on the reload potential. I'm guessing there's only a few players I can successfully target with motivate. Meh, Ran it is.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I swear, if this is true to flavor, then I think all the people from other sites are going to be town, but the people from smashboards are going to be the scum.

Glad I was right about 3DS. I may need to trust my own reads more than let myself be swayed by what people say.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Oh! Ninja was Sabrar, that means the neighbors are the XKCDians. So Laser is boomfrog which is why he had some need for certain voting behavior from Ran. He probably gets some sort of power boost for being voted, or something about the state of votes. Insperation for the BoomFrog-like gambit at the start of the day. But, are alignments and roles related? probably. Would Xivii make the BoomFrog role scum... :awesome: Probably not, but it's always hard to tell with BoomFrog. Also, probably Laser wouldn't have been so blatant about it. Is the 3rd neighbor role LaserGuy? I think I have to assume alignments were assigned randomly independent of rolenames, otherwise I'll go crazy. And that's good modding to do it that way anyway.

Also, I think Sabrar is probably town. He was trying really hard to suss out Ninja at the end.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, don't know if I mentioned it:

I'm 3DSninja, the town ninja.
I'm town ninja. if I do any night activities they are not seen by anyone.
therefore, someone has to be capable of giving me an activity to do, right?
Currently I have nothing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I feel that...may be protected
Hopefully there isn't a doc, or at least not one that works very well :p But I agree, pythag is probably the safest choice
Guys, no, you have all the power roles! The main benefit of which is you don't have to worry about unknowns like this! I should have given them some flavor about how Osie the merchant came across this barren oasis and decided to enrich and provide power to the people through his token generosity

Sabrar

Smash Ace
@UP: I actually realized that it was probably a mistype when writing out my case. But I felt that my first case was strong enough on its own and I already promised a part 2 so I didn't let it stop me. It was sooo fun.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Ell Ohh ****ing Ell. I was just going to post a spoiler lamenting about how boring night is. Insomniac couldn't have gone to a better person.

There goes my theory about the neighborhood though. Kinda. Maybe if Z25 is bessie, or Xivii/Zen!? that might still make sense.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
So in case anyone is wondering about Wiisp, we are now star-crossed lovers. If either of us would die for any reason the other gets the axe instead. Means I have to defend him but not having to worry about getting lynched personally. It's weird.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
UtopianPoyzin said:
No. You’re guess is as good as mine. I’m the insomniac, not the amnesiac. I can post during the night. Problem?
That’s not a good answer. Zen definitely knows enough to know what this role is:
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/database/mafia-roles/role/?mafiarole=Insomniac

Why is it completely different to yours? Because if I had to guess your name is different and you want that hidden
Wiisp said:
I mean I found insomniac on MU
it's different yes
but like Why doesn't he just claim his actual role, if he is in fact lying here?
Z25 said:
Considering Up loves the mafia wiki, I’m guessing there’s a rare role like this that is aimed at scum, akin to how godfather reads townie, this would let scum look better. Combing the Wiki now so I can find answers
UtopianPoyzin said:
I can post during the night. This is mod confirmed. Give me a role that can do that. There is none to my knowledge. My role is called the insomniac. That’s all there is to it. I don’t have any reason to call it something different, “UnLeSs Im MaFiA”.
Jackrito said:
Perhaps host just went with the literal meaning and is treating it like a trait instead.
UtopianPoyzin said:
There is a redirect from “Insomniac” to “Watcher” that was created by a single purpose account to make one edit about their own insomniac role, which was quickly reverted to a redirect. “Insomniac” is never mentioned as an alternative name, and the redirect is hardly official.
Wiisp said:
that's mafia scum, on MU the insomniac role is a self-voyeur? I believe voyeur is the one that sees actions
UtopianPoyzin said:
Idk. Insomniac sounded made up to me when I read it so I didn’t look much into it beyond that. Did not see that it shared a name with another role.
lol a single click on the first game in my signature would reveal the origin.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Wiisp said:
unannounced multiball? I did not sign up for this
did nobody else get items?
if so, there is probably one centralized item giver? or its a mod thing
which means Z25/UP both being town, makes 3 of towns PRs literally useless
which means mafia probably arent strong at all
Have I mentioned that I love Wisp?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Without looking back now, I assume Pythag was killed for his ping on Z. Which I'll look at, I got you Pythag! I'm actually thinking it's Wisp - Jack - Z. At least, Wisp / Z. I'll see how I figure out how to go about this. At the moment I feel Pythag's kill was a safe kill. Scum know I'm top town, yet I'm wrong and they are comfortable. I think Wisp is actually a good scum player, I've seen his play. I'm wary of it now. Anyway, I see Pythag being killed because they feel that I'll push towards Boom, and I town read Z atm so Z feels safe.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
So, in the future, if anyone wonders just how sick I was, I will point them to Oasis Mafia. Some of my favorite people are involved with this game and me missing it can be taken as indisputable proof that I was totally incapacitated.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I not only feel it, I am reasonably entertained. Sabrar, you know you need a partner with whom to work this out. Why are you not working with George?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm being silly, we probably have two scum. Boom and UP.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
bessie bessie I’m glad you’re feeling better!

I don’t think I get why everyone is saying boom is scum but I may just not be reading closely.

Maven89

Smash Master
you all post way too much. Last game I was in we had a 9 page day 1. This was crazy. I actually put more effort into this game then I have in a while, but my schedule doesn’t work with this pace.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Okay, kinda worried about the lynch now.... :D I still think I've got about 50% chance not to get lynched today. I just am not confident enough in towns ability to find scum after my lynch. Assuming I'm right that this lynch is being driven by town then it's hard to find scum among the naturally hang-backy people.

I keep coming back to Jackrito must be scum if UP isn't. It's hard to pick between them. Z25 could be scum too, my evidence for their towniness is fairly weak.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually Boom/UP/Jackrito might actually be a thing. I might be wrong about pokechu. Going to re-read Jack's individual play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I think I'm going to force Jack to take positions as a fake townie for now. I have a tracker token and I want to consider using it on him, so I'd like to say nothing about him yet. Maybe. I don't know. I like to let my scum reads out because I never know when I'll die but. Meh.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Prediction: In this post #1665 Ranmaru has decided not to lynch me D2. I predicte he swings the lynch to UP. He might swing the lynch back to me after that, but I think he is going for UP first.

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wish I was a neighbor so I could tell laser and z that I actually have a secret scumread on Jack. I think Wisp is being pocketed by Jack. I have baited Jack into scumreading UP and liking Sabrar. This is probably a mistake. Idk. If I live tomorrow I'll talk about Jack. I might live tomorrow but might die the next night. I'm thinking if it's actually a bad idea to mass claim or not. Hmmmmmmmmm. Probably still is. idk we'll see.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
My death actually happened at a great time. I had a paper to write for school. bleh.

So, being unbelievably correct. And, (if UP is actually scum) being correct. I guess I have to get lynched once on this board so you can believe I'm actually this good and it's not TMI.
This boomfrog quote is hilarious.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm well aware that Pythag had pings from Z's posts. I have considered that might be why he was killed, and I think I've given him a pass for too long, which is why I re-read some of Day 1. Mostly feels like he's forcing his opinions / hedging. As in, tunneling Maven/Pokechu for lurking, but hedging on Boom at every opportunity. I'm trying to make sure I'm not confbiasing. I'm confident Boom/Up is a team. I don't think it's Jack anymore. I intend to discuss this with Wisp later. But right now I'm just evaluating Z.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie I’m glad you’re feeling better!

I don’t think I get why everyone is saying boom is scum but I may just not be reading closely.
giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Thank you, I’m hoping I’m well enough to play some mafia soon!

Hahaha, everyone is saying BoomFrog is scum because he was telling the truth in #1768.
BoomFrog wrote in #1768: On my forum it is well know that I am almost impossible to catch as scum. My town game is manipulative and my scum game is the same. I'm generally only caught by PoE, and my general advice is to lynch me D3 if I haven't caught scum yet.
Here is a very accurate read of BoomFrog from Newbie New Year Mafia on xkcd:
Hari Seldon wrote on another forum: You are manipulative and push the boundaries of how anti-town you can be without being lynched before endgame.

This is totally cracking me up:
LaserGuy wrote in #1779: BoomFrog is a very strong player and is difficult to read as either alignment. I've played maybe a dozen games with him and I'm pretty sure there's only been one or two of those where I've been able to get a strong, correct read on him this early in the game. In one of the last games we played on xkcd before the site shut down, we were so concerned about BoomFrog that, if I remember correctly, the cop ended up having to clear him twice.
Wheel of Time 3 Mafia, I was the cop, and I had to check BoomFrog twice because no one trusted the first result. Vicarin false claimed cop, got caught, and claimed scum. BoomFrog still was almost lynched over Vicarin.

Sorry for the sloppy quotes; I'm trying not to quote-ping anyone in the game.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
lol bessie I forgot I wrote that. How do you have access to those quotes?
It was in my notes for Newbie New Year, and also in my super secret file of player meta notes because it was so accurate.

NNY also contained the best meta read anyone has ever done on me, which I will not quote. :p

I had downloaded content from a lot of old games that I would use when I wrote my analysis posts. I wrote most of my posts offline, because the forum (and my internet) was wonky and would kick me off and delete whatever post I was working on. So hahaha I might be able to pull out some old quotes to use against Sabrar in the future. There’s also some old games in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, but only through about 2017.

you all post way too much. Last game I was in we had a 9 page day 1. This was crazy. I actually put more effort into this game then I have in a while, but my schedule doesn’t work with this pace.
I feel this. I have some more people I would like to get to play here, but I’m concerned they will get scared off by the posting volume. On our forum Sabrar was considered a heavy poster. Their posting frequency would be similar to mine in Flavorless Mafia.

Maven89

Smash Master
I feel like this is a game where town is split amongst different opinions, no one will compromise, and they’ll end up killling each other while the mafia sits behind and cheers everyone on.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Maven89 Maven89 yep, scum is in a comfortable position right now. I suspect, however, that things will heat up between the factions during mylo/lylo. Having to replace you was unfortunate as you were the most grounded so far this game. Marshy pointed out that 771, in particular, was solid in terms of reads.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright I have been wrong. It's not Jack nor Z. It's Boom / UP / Sabrar. I think it's just easy to see now, scum are being hard POE'd. If I'm wrong than who can it be? Hmm.

Top Bottom